marieke

serive centers

44 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

dont know how stupid this question is but im going to ask anyway...

can you send the I-129F to any centre? as it looks like vermont and nebraska are much quicker. does it depend which is the closest to my fiance's home, he lives in TX so should he send it there?

ta!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Yes, that is a stupid question. ^_^ But, the answer may not be so stupid.

If you send it to the wrong service center, your file may be delayed longer. He must follow the directions. Government prefer you, the petitioner, to follow all directions. You can try, if you want. I do advise you against it though.

Edited by consolemaster

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I mean this in the nicest way possible:

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE I-129F FORM!!!!!!

There is NO SUBSTITUTE for the basic directions provided to you by the goverment - especially on the really easy, objective decisions like "where do I mail this form."

It's all there for you, plain as day. Follow the directions.

If you fail to send it to the correct SC, they will resend it to the right place. It shouldn't cause more than a few day delay - but why do it at all? They won't be nice and just take care of it at VSC.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you fiance lives is Texas, your petition will end up at CSC.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline
If you fiance lives is Texas, your petition will end up at CSC.

thanks! just learning as i go along! loads to look at and remember! :wacko:

have been getting some great help on here! xx

Filed: Timeline

marieke,

I-129f for fiance(e) should be sent to the service center that is designated for the petitioner's state of residence, which may not be the closest one although in your fiance's case it does happen to be.

Yodrak

can you send the I-129F to any centre? as it looks like vermont and nebraska are much quicker. does it depend which is the closest to my fiance's home, he lives in TX so should he send it there?

ta!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
marieke,

I-129f for fiance(e) should be sent to the service center that is designated for the petitioner's state of residence, which may not be the closest one although in your fiance's case it does happen to be.

Yodrak

ta!

if it helps your situation at all, the instructions say to send it according to the state "where you live." That isn't necessarily your state of "Residence" (there can be different legal/tax term ramifications of each). State where you live might be different. For some people (I'm thinking student types), the use of "where you live" might be helpful. (Like a California "resident" who goes to University of Vermont, etc).

For most, it makes no difference.

So we're back to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! :)

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will be filing our fiance visa out of washington state... I will send it to nebraska and it will end up in california ??? is that correct.

I hope to file in about a month... Im starting to get a little excited..

its been a long haul just to get to this point... I had to get a DV case dismissed and finish up divorce paperwork.

now i find i dont have my birth certificate and i have sent off for that... allow 4 weeks for processing they say...

geez

marieke,

Yodrak

ta!

if it helps your situation at all, the instructions say to send it according to the state "where you live." That isn't necessarily your state of "Residence" (there can be different legal/tax term ramifications of each). State where you live might be different. For some people (I'm thinking student types), the use of "where you live" might be helpful. (Like a California "resident" who goes to University of Vermont, etc).

For most, it makes no difference.

So we're back to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I am an attorney - but I am *not* an immigration attorney and I am *not* your attorney. I am absolutely not offering legal advice here.

You forgot your Copyright clause in your signature and the fact nobody cares if you are an attorney. The VJ Terms of Service already addresses attorney disclosures. Lawyers and their egos. We're all happy for you, :dance: , but get over yourself.

Application For Naturalization (N-400)

01/10/2013 - Packet Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

01/16/2013 - NOA & Check Cashed

02/06/2013 - Biometrics Appt

04/16/2013 - Interview - Approval Recommendation!

04/23/2013 - Placed in the Oath Ceremony Queue

05/16/2013 - Received letter showing Oath Ceremony date

06/12/2013 - Oath Ceremony

06/12/2013 - U.S. Citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I am an attorney - but I am *not* an immigration attorney and I am *not* your attorney. I am absolutely not offering legal advice here.

You forgot your Copyright clause in your signature and the fact nobody cares if you are an attorney. The VJ Terms of Service already addresses attorney disclosures. Lawyers and their egos. We're all happy for you, :dance: , but get over yourself.

Freaking hilarious! :lol:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Freaking hilarious! :lol:

I thought it was more 'obnoxious' than 'hilarious', but maybe that's just me. Lots of people have those 'I am not a lawyer, so this isn't legal advice' caveats in their signature.... just so happens TD is a lawyer, but not that kind of lawyer, and in any case, not dispensing legal advice on here. What's so wrong with pointing that out?! :unsure:

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Timeline

What's funny is, why bother advertising your actual job or career if you're not offering any advice or expertise? Personally, I can say with my brother being a lawyer, I'm not impressed at all with his ability to boast about such a thing either. Let alone trying to talk over everyone's head and his relentless willingness to voice his "both sides of the fence" legal opinion to everyone within earshot of his voice. I easily sum it up to him by saying, "If a convicted killer is exonerated based on a minor technicality, freed to roam the streets, and kills an innocent person...thank a lawyer for making it possible". No offense! :lol:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Timeline
maybe we should just go back to my ignorant question..

You're right marieke. But I don't think you asked an ignorant question. I wish we could have our choice of service centers where to send the I-129F. Unfortunately, you must send it to the appropriate service center within your jurisdiction. If you go to the USCIS website, you can easily find which service center you need to send your I-129F. Best of luck to you!

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Timeline
maybe we should just go back to my ignorant question..

You're right marieke. But I don't think you asked an ignorant question. I wish we could have our choice of service centers where to send the I-129F. Unfortunately, you must send it to the appropriate service center within your jurisdiction. If you go to the USCIS website, you can easily find which service center you need to send your I-129F. Best of luck to you!

thanks! and the same to you! now of to bed.. this site is addictive! :wacko:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.