Ariellex

INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL HISTORY

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

Just a quick question:

I am in the process of doing my citizenship. They require my travel history and some stamps (2 actually) are missing from my passport (when I left the US) I do have the day I returned in a stamp in my passport but what to do with the departure date that is missing? I lost  my I 94...we are talking 2013... I filled in a request for international travel history in a website called I 94 ...they have less info than what I have in my passport!

How can I prove I was less than 6 months outside then (I have the months I spent abroad but cant remember the exact date). Any ideas? I contacted customs too, waiting for a response.

Any input is more than welcome! thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

This doesn't answer your question, but I don't think the US ever stamps passports upon departure, do they? Do you have entrance stamps for whichever country/countries you went to from the U.S.?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 2/7/2017 at 9:15 AM, Ariellex said:

Hi guys!

Just a quick question:

I am in the process of doing my citizenship. They require my travel history and some stamps (2 actually) are missing from my passport (when I left the US) I do have the day I returned in a stamp in my passport but what to do with the departure date that is missing? I lost  my I 94...we are talking 2013... I filled in a request for international travel history in a website called I 94 ...they have less info than what I have in my passport!

How can I prove I was less than 6 months outside then (I have the months I spent abroad but cant remember the exact date). Any ideas? I contacted customs too, waiting for a response.

Any input is more than welcome! thanks

Step 1 would be to check your emails for travel receipts, itineraries, etc.  You can look at your frequent flier account if you have one.  You can go through old credit card statements to see when you last used your card in the US and first used it abroad.

Step 2: if you can't find the exact dates, then write a letter of explanation and then take evidence to the interview so that you can show that the trip was under 6 months; payment receipts here in the US, etc.

They can access your travel dates from Customs and Border Patrol; the airlines have to share passenger information with them.  So even though your passport isn't stamped upon departure, they know who's leaving.  But it could take a long time to retrieve that information, so if you have proof with you at the interview (at least of an approximate date) you can save yourself some time.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.