ketanadkar

Final J1 waiver from USCIS

123 posts in this topic

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Chiara_5 said:

HI! Yes, i wrote 2 email to uscis vermont service center because since april i didn't receive any receipt notice. They answered me a few weeks after giving me a case number and a week after i received the waiver in the mail box :) My suggestion is to write an email explaining your situation with all the right info proving that you tried already to call the call the call center without real answers and possibly visit a field office.

Best 

Chiara

Thank you! Did you visit a field center? Do you know the email you used? Thanks so much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
20 hours ago, fs2439 said:

Thank you! Did you visit a field center? Do you know the email you used? Thanks so much!

I was currently in my country...so i sent my boyfriend to Newark field office. I made him also call USCIS. Both cases he had useless answers about different kind of waivers (mine was based on no objection).

So i wrote to vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov asking for a case number explaining that i have tried other ways but i couldn't have a real answer. 

Good luck! I wrote 2 mails before receiving an answer.... be careful tu put all your info like is written in the guidelines:

Mailbox Guidelines

We will respond to your email if it meets the guidelines outlined on uscis.gov on the Contact Us page under USCIS Service Centers.  This means that your email must:

·         Contain all required information; and

·         Show that you called the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) or submitted an on-line case inquiry , but the response you received from our service center was not correct.

If you meet these guidelines, we will send you a response from this email box or by sending a letter in the mail within 15 days.

Additional Action Needed

If you need help, but do not meet the mailbox guidelines, please review the table below for additional resources.

If you…

Then you may…

Received a correct response and have another question on your case,

Submit another online request or call our NCSC.

Have not received a response within 30 days of your inquiry (15 days for expedited inquiries) to national customer service,

Submit an online request or call our NCSC to have your inquiry elevated.

Need to change your address,

Submit a change of address request.

Would like additional case assistance or to expedite your case,

Contact the National Customer Service Center.

Want to appeal or request review of a decision that went against you,

Submit Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion.

If you need further assistance, we have many tools at www.uscis.gov/tools and my.uscis.gov to help you.

Filed: O-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, Chiara_5 said:

I was currently in my country...so i sent my boyfriend to Newark field office. I made him also call USCIS. Both cases he had useless answers about different kind of waivers (mine was based on no objection).

So i wrote to vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov asking for a case number explaining that i have tried other ways but i couldn't have a real answer. 

Good luck! I wrote 2 mails before receiving an answer.... be careful tu put all your info like is written in the guidelines:

Mailbox Guidelines

We will respond to your email if it meets the guidelines outlined on uscis.gov on the Contact Us page under USCIS Service Centers.  This means that your email must:

·         Contain all required information; and

·         Show that you called the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) or submitted an on-line case inquiry , but the response you received from our service center was not correct.

If you meet these guidelines, we will send you a response from this email box or by sending a letter in the mail within 15 days.

Additional Action Needed

If you need help, but do not meet the mailbox guidelines, please review the table below for additional resources.

If you…

Then you may…

Received a correct response and have another question on your case,

Submit another online request or call our NCSC.

Have not received a response within 30 days of your inquiry (15 days for expedited inquiries) to national customer service,

Submit an online request or call our NCSC to have your inquiry elevated.

Need to change your address,

Submit a change of address request.

Would like additional case assistance or to expedite your case,

Contact the National Customer Service Center.

Want to appeal or request review of a decision that went against you,

Submit Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal or Motion.

If you need further assistance, we have many tools at www.uscis.gov/tools and my.uscis.gov to help you.

Thank you so much! This is very helpful!

@erikaBR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.