dxt7339

USCIS E-mail Descheduling Interview

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Interview descheduled by USCIS.

The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

If you received the appointment notice, I would recommend you go anyway. There have been people here on VJ that heeded the cancellation and were denied because they did not show up to the canceled interview.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I hit the wrong button. But, Today I received this notice of cans status change:

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Interview descheduled by USCIS.

The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be notified by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Just last week we received the notice scheduling the Interview. I have read a few times where others have not gone to the interview after receiving a notice that "descheduled" it and have been denied due to not showing up for the interview.

I would like to know about people that have gone to the interview after receiving a cancellation. Was there any explaination about receiving the cancellation notice???

Also why would the case be sent to the National Benefits Center?? Where is this place?

Thanks,

Devereux

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes! Go anyway! The worst that can happen is they'll turn you away.

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

I would like to know about people that have gone to the interview after receiving a cancellation. Was there any explaination about receiving the cancellation notice???

Our interview was cancelled via email, rescheduled then cancelled again. We went to the 2nd interview anyway and did not mention the cancellation.

Just last week we received the notice scheduling the Interview. I have read a few times where others have not gone to the interview after receiving a notice that "descheduled" it and have been denied due to not showing up for the interview.

If you also receive a paper cancellation notice, then it's your choice. You do not risk much by going. However, if the email is all you have, then GO!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you also receive a paper cancellation notice, then it's your choice. You do not risk much by going. However, if the email is all you have, then GO!

GO TO THE INTERVIEW ANYWAY!!!!!

We received the e-mail 5 times and the atty received the hard copy--we discussed it and both followed USCIS notice and didn't go to the interview appt.....we got denial letter 1 week after the original appt date. It happened to Waren613 also. I wouldn't take any chances--the worst is that they tell you it's cancelled---what happened to us it that the local office had no idea that we had received the cancellation notices.

Mary K.

Mary (NC) Atif (Youssoufia)

NOA2 for 129F on 16 Nov 2005......NOA2 for I-130 on 28 Nov 2005

INTERVIEW DATE SCHEDULED FOR 9AM[GMT] 27 FEBRUARY 2006-Issued 221g for Validity of relationship....told being sent back to USCIS/Atif Received Visa On 10 March 2006

AOS/EAD

10 July 2006--signed I-485 and I-765

25 July 2006 recieved NOA-1 for both

18 Aug 2006 Biometrics Appt.

21 Oct 2006 EAD arrives in mail

26 Dec 2006 received aapt.->01 Feb 2007 AOS interview->CANCELLED! rescheduled 01 Aug 2007-waiting

09 Feb '07-received denial of AOS--#######??!! MTR filed--Interview-01 Aug 07

27 Sept '07-I-765 [#2] filed--14 Nov '07 Biomerics for I-765 [#2]

Take it from me....GO TO THE AOS INTERVIEW DATE ANYWAY!!!!! EVEN IF YOU GET THE SNAIL MAIL NOTICE!!!

August 2009--Permanent Resident Card arrives!!!!

We are Finished with Immigration for 10 years!!!!

GO TO THE INTERVIEW ANYWAY!!!!!

We received the e-mail 5 times and the atty received the hard copy--we discussed it and both followed USCIS notice and didn't go to the interview appt.....we got denial letter 1 week after the original appt date. It happened to Waren613 also. I wouldn't take any chances--the worst is that they tell you it's cancelled---what happened to us it that the local office had no idea that we had received the cancellation notices.

Mary K.

I second! Got e-mail and snail mail descheduling my interview....our cases, we have no idea what's going on now. My atty told i should be receiving a new interview sched soon...seems forever to us! Please GO TO YOUR INTERVIEW!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Seems like this is turning from an "every once in a while thing", to an "usual thing".

Lucky the people who come to message boards and find others who are aware of this problem, because I am sure a lot are being denied because of USCIS' lack of organization and ability to just do it RIGHT.

Edited by florida_guy07

0.14..MY%20TIMELINE.png

06/05/01 - Entered the U.S. on a B2 Visa with parents (17 years old at the time)

01/05/07 - Got married

04/04/07 - AOS package mailed :)

04/08/07 - On Easter Sunday - Package received DAY 1

04/17/07 - NOA1 Received. (Dated 04/13/2007) DAY 10

04/18/07 - Touched DAY 11

04/19/07 - Touched AGAIN DAY 12

04/20/07 - Biometrics appt notice received (05-02-07) DAY 13

04/27/07 - I-130 Touched DAY 20

05/02/07 - Biometrics (Took us 8 minutes - no kidding) DAY 25

05/03/07 - I-485 Touched DAY 26

05/17/07 - Interview letter arrived (07-17-07) DAY 41

07/17/07 - Interview - Everything went well but received an RFE DAY 102

08/28/07 - RFE sent - Took a long time to get what they needed DAY 144

08/29/07 - RFE received - DAY 145

10/04/07 - Email: Notice welcoming new resident mailed - DAY 180

10/05/07 - Touched - DAY 181

10/09/07 - Welcome Notice received. - DAY 185

10/10/07 - Card production ordered. - DAY 186

10/17/07 - Green card received !!!!!!!! - Day 193

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.