5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could inform me if I am providing enough proof of my fiance's ongoing relationship with me.

I have included between 15-20 pages of conversations we have had over the past three months where we actively talk about things we will need for the apartment, talking about my horse and ourselves in general between google and Skype since I submitted the petition

A copy of statement I sent him some $ through papal (it was to help pay for his medical, he is paying for the other half). In the initial petition I sent some statements where he sent me $ helping to pay for the fees. He also paid for the hotel we stayed at in July, and the receipt with his name showing he paid (reservation was in my name). 

I am sending a copy of my lease showing he is listed as an occupant I am moving into Feb 1...his interview is Feb 24.

I also sent a copy of a conversation with my mom about my fiance.

Is this sufficient? I have read where people literally sent "hundreds of pages of proof"

I already explained in the petition of how we met, that on my second trip to India I got sick and that all the pictures are of us in the hotel. 

I don't see the reason to send hundred of pages...especially when he is listed on a lease as an occupant.

Please help, we really don't want them to nitpick about anything, he even knows what kind of car I own and memorized the address of the new place we are going to live in. We have covered so many questions that others have been asked as well in interviews...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

That is good,i did same thing for evidence of ongoing relationship,i just showed constant communication,i printed about 10 screenshots per month,since we filed the petition,and western union receipts,his conversation with my family,mine with his,if he sent you xmas card,throw it in,and your photos together.Its always good to  be on the safe side though and frontload..different for every embassy..good luck?

Edited by DanniColes
Forgot to say something

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On 1/29/2017 at 8:58 AM, lotusrose1987 said:

I have included between 15-20 pages of conversations we have had over the past three months where we actively talk about things we will need for the apartment, talking about my horse and ourselves in general between google and Skype since I submitted the petition

I already explained in the petition of how we met, that on my second trip to India I got sick and that all the pictures are of us in the hotel. 

Why only include the last three months? What I did is I took important texts from the beginning of our relationship and I put about 6 per page, printed back and front, then conversation from skype that had the word "I'll call you" or "call me" for the last 6 months (since skype only has that far back), it was about 8 pages front and back.

Make sure you have a lot of pictures, like 20, you can tape them to pieces of paper like 2 in each sheet. And its good to show pictures of you and him with family and friends and in different places. 

Hope this helps!

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
6 minutes ago, steph&max said:

Why only include the last three months? What I did is I took important texts from the beginning of our relationship and I put about 6 per page, printed back and front, then conversation from skype that had the word "I'll call you" or "call me" for the last 6 months (since skype only has that far back), it was about 8 pages front and back.

Make sure you have a lot of pictures, like 20, you can tape them to pieces of paper like 2 in each sheet. And its good to show pictures of you and him with family and friends and in different places. 

Hope this helps!

They only want proof of ongoing relationship from the time the petition was filed ,i was at the interview where this lady brought a big bag of evidence from the time they met,and she was told they only need the recent ones..

3 hours ago, steph&max said:

Hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. They already have more than a few of our emails from when we first met online and were solid friends for 6 months while I was living in Japan. They have photos from both our visits and copies of some very personal letters we wrote between visits. We are sending all our texts and call statement and other online chats for the continuing evidence and copies of the lease. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.