Sunnybanana1913

Embassy needs more documents for proof of marriage. I am very confused!

10 posts in this topic

I submitted the I-130 at the Manila US Embassy on January 12th 2017. The supporting documents we gave were our tickets of us traveling together, NSO Marriage contract, wedding photos (us signing papers since we didn't have an actual ceremony) < do i also have to explain why i didn't have a big ceremony and why there was 1 other person who was my wife's friend at the ceremony?, pictures of us together over the years and with her family. They emailed me yesterday January 27th they said they can not process the I-130 because they need more proof of marriage. I am going to open a Joint bank account deposit a couple hundred dollars in it.Get some Affidavit letters.  Il also give pictures of our house we built i have some pictures of the progress from start to finish and the electric bills that are on my wife's name for 1 year to show the embassy.

This is very confusing. one mistake i did was that i didn't write a description for the pictures and didn't write dates. This is very frustrating i am very confused about the Affidavit letters. Do i write the letter myself and then go to a Lawyer and get it verified or something like that  ? does it matter if i go to a Lawyer or not ? can i just type the letter and get the signature of the person who is proving our marriage ? how does it work ?

22 minutes ago, babygurl said:

how many times have you visited with the person? Did you ever send any money?

3 times including this time. I have visited Philippines in 2012, 2014 ( I stayed with her for 7months) and left in 2015 feb back to USA, again in 2016 summer and im still in Philippines with my wife right now. I am pretty confused about the Afidavit letter part. Ill have to resubmit my wedding photos of me and my wife signing marriage contract and just write a date and description.

this is actually the first time i have heard of a DCF case that has been denied of processing due to lack of proof of relationship/marriage. we filed ours last Dec 14th, 2016. when i didnt hear anything from them until second week of January, i began to worry that maybe they (USCIS) werent satisfied of our proof of relationship because i clearly remembered in my mind when the officer (who accepted our application) told us that since we didnt have a joint bank account and a child together that it would take longer to process our application. thankfully we received notice of approval on the 18th. in your case, i would think you were fine though with what you presented. but to satisfy them, yes i think the joint bank account will help. affidavit letters? never had them and dont know how it will work but i think in my own understanding it would be a sworn statement (computer written) from anybody proving your relationship and marriage notarized from a lawyer, of course with the signatures too. i think it really should be notarized. and the pictures, yes add the description and dates. 

2 hours ago, myrrh130 said:

this is actually the first time i have heard of a DCF case that has been denied of processing due to lack of proof of relationship/marriage. we filed ours last Dec 14th, 2016. when i didnt hear anything from them until second week of January, i began to worry that maybe they (USCIS) werent satisfied of our proof of relationship because i clearly remembered in my mind when the officer (who accepted our application) told us that since we didnt have a joint bank account and a child together that it would take longer to process our application. thankfully we received notice of approval on the 18th. in your case, i would think you were fine though with what you presented. but to satisfy them, yes i think the joint bank account will help. affidavit letters? never had them and dont know how it will work but i think in my own understanding it would be a sworn statement (computer written) from anybody proving your relationship and marriage notarized from a lawyer, of course with the signatures too. i think it really should be notarized. and the pictures, yes add the description and dates. 

well Technically we didn't really get "denied" they said they cant process it until we submit more documents.so basically put on hold for now. I will go to a Lawyer with some of my wife's relatives we will get my Letters i typed signed by them and open a Joint Bank account a few days later and send the new supporting documents to the US Embassy in Manila. Il also send our receipts for the house construction bills, the materials we purchased. Ill have to include photos from start to finish.

Edited by Sunnybanana1913

3 hours ago, babygurl said:

oh and if you had witnesses at your wedding affidavits from them would be good

Yeah I had just 1 witness who was my wifes best friend. She took our pics as well. But we didnt even have a big ceremony or anything like that. All we did was just sign our marriage certificate. So it was just a quick small wedding no celebrations at the time.

3 hours ago, babygurl said:

honestly you seem like you got everything covered.  Not sure why they are giving you a hard time. did you send any money, if so show those transactions and copies of proof of communication phone records, etc

Yeah. I showed all the western Union receipts and etc but i forgot to write descriptions and explaining what was in the photos and why i sent money yada yada..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.