Doyle

Request for Evidence

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What on earth could a bank account app require that you don't have to your fingertips after immigration?

Now I'm curious. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I have not added my wife to mine not because of anything else but the time it takes to accomplish it.
What time? It takes maybe an hour, including the drive to the bank and back. Surely you can find an hour sometime in the course of many months or a year.

The documents that they want will require us to spend some time.....thats the time I was talking about...I have already driven to the bank 2 times for this...

All you need to open a bank account is photo ID and a SSN, and sometimes they want to see the SSN card. I've never opened a bank account where they wanted anything more than that.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I opened an account without a SSN, 15 minutes I think.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

In my old bank there was nothing needed but this one requires a more lot than normal. Anyways as I said I couldnt add her to my bank account but other than that should there be any problems with the informtion that I sent?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
first off good luck to the OP for getting everything together for this RFE.

I just have a quick question.....I m in almost in the same situation as the OP when it comes to have a joint checking account. I have not added my wife to mine not because of anything else but the time it takes to accomplish it. She doesnt work and have no account of her own. If I dont show her as a joint account holder would it be too much of a problem with USCIS? I have quite a few things that I m submitting with my I-751 but just want to make sure that not having her on my bank account will not get me an RFE.

The list that i m sending with my I-751

- Letter from the employer stating that my wife is the beneficiary on my employer paid life insurance.

- medical insurance with her and our 2 daughters on

- dental insurance with her and our daughters.

- listed as a beneficiary on my 401K

- electric bill from our appartment that is in her name

- cable bill from our appartment that is in my name

- birth certificates for our 2 daughters listing us as the parents

- lease from the 2 appartments that we lived together listed both of us as the lessors

- jointly filed income taxes for 2004 and 2005.

Will these be suffcient or do I need anything else?

Joel, is that you? I don't recognize you without the four-eyed typing icon.

You and I are in the same boat, more or less, with two children. I was just going to send in 1) their birth certificates, 2) the deed to our house with both of our names on it, and 3) copies of our joint returns from the past three years. I would think that would be more than sufficient.

Looking over your list, the only thing I would have that I could add would be the water bill (which has both our names on it, albeit in the conjunctive "James or Claudia") and evidence of my health insurance plan listing my wife and kids as dependents. We don't have a joint checking account yet, which I don't view as a problem.

As Yodrak pointed out, we have no idea what the OP sent in as evidence, some lack of which obviously prompted the RFE. So I wouldn't worry if I were you. I'm not! I'm taking this a lot easier than with all of the initial stuff from 2-3 years ago.

Good luck! Not that you'll need it. B)

Meh

Timeline
first off good luck to the OP for getting everything together for this RFE.

I just have a quick question.....I m in almost in the same situation as the OP when it comes to have a joint checking account. I have not added my wife to mine not because of anything else but the time it takes to accomplish it. She doesnt work and have no account of her own. If I dont show her as a joint account holder would it be too much of a problem with USCIS? I have quite a few things that I m submitting with my I-751 but just want to make sure that not having her on my bank account will not get me an RFE.

The list that i m sending with my I-751

- Letter from the employer stating that my wife is the beneficiary on my employer paid life insurance.

- medical insurance with her and our 2 daughters on

- dental insurance with her and our daughters.

- listed as a beneficiary on my 401K

- electric bill from our appartment that is in her name

- cable bill from our appartment that is in my name

- birth certificates for our 2 daughters listing us as the parents

- lease from the 2 appartments that we lived together listed both of us as the lessors

- jointly filed income taxes for 2004 and 2005.

Will these be suffcient or do I need anything else?

Joel, is that you? I don't recognize you without the four-eyed typing icon.

You and I are in the same boat, more or less, with two children. I was just going to send in 1) their birth certificates, 2) the deed to our house with both of our names on it, and 3) copies of our joint returns from the past three years. I would think that would be more than sufficient.

Looking over your list, the only thing I would have that I could add would be the water bill (which has both our names on it, albeit in the conjunctive "James or Claudia") and evidence of my health insurance plan listing my wife and kids as dependents. We don't have a joint checking account yet, which I don't view as a problem.

As Yodrak pointed out, we have no idea what the OP sent in as evidence, some lack of which obviously prompted the RFE. So I wouldn't worry if I were you. I'm not! I'm taking this a lot easier than with all of the initial stuff from 2-3 years ago.

Good luck! Not that you'll need it. B)

Hey James.....great to hear from you after all this time....This sure is Joel....I changed icons right when you left.....

Thanks for the reply cause I just sent these to USCIS yesterday and my wife's GC expires 4-9

Wishing you and your wife all the Good Luck in the world......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Hey James.....great to hear from you after all this time....This sure is Joel....I changed icons right when you left.....

Thanks for the reply cause I just sent these to USCIS yesterday and my wife's GC expires 4-9

Thanks. Where's the rest of the old NVC crew?

Meh

Filed: Timeline
Hi all,

My wife (USC) and I submitted our I-751 in October of last year and within two weeks got a letter extending my GC for a year. I had heard nothing further until today, when got the following letter: (TX service center)

REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE

This office is unable to complete the processing of your petition without further information. Please read and comply with the request below, then submit the requested evidence to the address on the accompanying gold sheet. Please include this notice and the gold sheet on top of your response. Please submit copies of the following:

1. Your federal tax return transcripts printed by the Internal Revenue Service for years 2004 and 2005.

2. Actual bank statements for the past 12 months indicating you and your spouse as joint account holders. Each statement must show the account's balance and transaction history.

3.Property/warranty/mortgage deeds indicating they were recorded (not just notarized) with your local or state government, mortgage loan statements, property tax documents, unexpired leases, or home insurance records of your current residence.

You must submit the requested information within 12 weeks from the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the denial of your petition.

Ok, well here is the problem. My wife and do not have joint bank accounts and never have had. Also, my wife owned her house before we met, so all of the mortgage documents/property tax docs etc are all in her name. Help! What on earth do we do? I didn't realise that having a joint bank a/c was a requirement to lift conditional status. We submitted in October everything we had in joint names including electricity bills, car insurance, tax returns (looks like they are asking for this again), notarized documents which we both signed when we refinanced, my wife's benefits going back to 2004 showing me as beneficiary etc.

I am very concerned by this turn of events, as we have had a smooth process this far. Has anybody else had to do this? I would really appreciate advice and help. Thanks for reading guys!

D.

Hey! The same here. A week after I sent them all they asked for they transfered my case to the local office.

Hi all,

My wife (USC) and I submitted our I-751 in October of last year and within two weeks got a letter extending my GC for a year. I had heard nothing further until today, when got the following letter: (TX service center)

REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE

This office is unable to complete the processing of your petition without further information. Please read and comply with the request below, then submit the requested evidence to the address on the accompanying gold sheet. Please include this notice and the gold sheet on top of your response. Please submit copies of the following:

1. Your federal tax return transcripts printed by the Internal Revenue Service for years 2004 and 2005.

2. Actual bank statements for the past 12 months indicating you and your spouse as joint account holders. Each statement must show the account's balance and transaction history.

3.Property/warranty/mortgage deeds indicating they were recorded (not just notarized) with your local or state government, mortgage loan statements, property tax documents, unexpired leases, or home insurance records of your current residence.

You must submit the requested information within 12 weeks from the date of this letter. Failure to do so may result in the denial of your petition.

Ok, well here is the problem. My wife and do not have joint bank accounts and never have had. Also, my wife owned her house before we met, so all of the mortgage documents/property tax docs etc are all in her name. Help! What on earth do we do? I didn't realise that having a joint bank a/c was a requirement to lift conditional status. We submitted in October everything we had in joint names including electricity bills, car insurance, tax returns (looks like they are asking for this again), notarized documents which we both signed when we refinanced, my wife's benefits going back to 2004 showing me as beneficiary etc.

I am very concerned by this turn of events, as we have had a smooth process this far. Has anybody else had to do this? I would really appreciate advice and help. Thanks for reading guys!

D.

You received the generic letter. I received exactly the same format letter asking for the exactly the same. I'am not sure now it works.

Timeline

Thanks. Where's the rest of the old NVC crew?

Scattered all over the place.....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline
Hey! The same here. A week after I sent them all they asked for they transfered my case to the local office.

How did you find out you were transferred & did they say why? Could this be for an interview?

Just curious, & good luck!

How did you find out you were transferred & did they say why? Could this be for an interview?

I sent everything in on March,22. I got a letter in my mail yesterday saing that the case has been transfered to a local office and I have to contact them to get updated information on it. The letter didn't say why they did it. I sent a huge file with all the supporting documents and included a affidavit from family members and friends.

I sent everything in on March,22. I got a letter in my mail yesterday saing that the case has been transfered to a local office and I have to contact them to get updated information on it. The letter didn't say why they did it. I sent a huge file with all the supporting documents and included a affidavit from family members and friends.

The situation is weird! I filed my I-751 somewhere in the beginning of April of 2006 and received my receipt on April 21 of 2006. Never since then I haven’t been able to view the case status online. I called the customer service and they told me that it’s normal and there was no reason to worry about it. I called them again in 6 months when my case happened to be outside of the processing dates. The standard answer was given at that point that the USCIS has 1 year to work on it. I called back in November and asked to submit a request to Texas Center. There was an answer a month later that our case had been randomly chosen for on interview and they were awaiting for scheduling from a local office. BUM………..!!! A month ago I received the request of the evidences. You know the rest of the story.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Doyle & finish:

Did either/both of you have your AOS adjudicated without interview? The penny just dropped...

Read this, and see if you think that might be an answer.

If you were transfered to CSC, or were in the DORA or NYC pilot programs, that might explain.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4610657#

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Doyle & finish:

Did either/both of you have your AOS adjudicated without interview? The penny just dropped...

Read this, and see if you think that might be an answer.

If you were transfered to CSC, or were in the DORA or NYC pilot programs, that might explain.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4610657#

Meauxna,

My wife and I did have an interview before I got my 2 year green card, is that what you mean?

In the meanwhile, we have opened a joint savings account, and are getting my name on the loan and mortgage deed, and have re-ordered IRS transcripts for 2004 and 2005. I am also going to get affadavits from friends and neighbours. Do you think that will suffice?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.