Asad_Brummi

F3 petition advice needed

12 posts in this topic

Hello All from a new member.

I've been reading different forums and very confused about F3 processing time.

According to some exprienced members, some say your visa will be avaliable in 2021 - 2022 and some say

2025 - 2026.

My US citizen father filed petition for me (F3 married son) in 11th Oct 2011. On 8th June 2015 we received approval letter from

USCIS (California Service Center) stating that my case has been sent to NVC.

My country of chargeability is Pakistan. (I believe it's because I was born in Pakistan and my father was a Pakistani citizen).

I'm a UK citizen live permanently in U.K.

Any help and adviced is appreciated.

Thanks all.

8 hours ago, skyland235 said:

Hi

I would guess at Late 2025! assuming yur prioirty date is 11th Oct 2011

My piority date is April 15th 2005 and i am still waiting!!

Its certainly a long process

Thanks mate.

Any chance you can direct me to get exact time?

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Google "Visa Bulletin."

You can not get an exact time.  You can only guess when a visa will become available to you based on the people who are currently getting their visas.  Their wait time is your only way of guessing when you may be eligible for a visa.  People are currently waiting 13 years.  Your wait may be shorter or longer.  No one can tell you exactly when.

1 hour ago, aaron2020 said:

Google "Visa Bulletin."

You can not get an exact time.  You can only guess when a visa will become available to you based on the people who are currently getting their visas.  Their wait time is your only way of guessing when you may be eligible for a visa.  People are currently waiting 13 years.  Your wait may be shorter or longer.  No one can tell you exactly when.

Just checked Visa Bulletin.

It's on 22nd march 2005 so I believe according to my PD date oct 11 2011 I should be looking somewhere 2023.

• 6 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Spoiler

in 12 or 13 years

currently if you look at next months bulletin, for your country F3 is in 1995, to 2006 you have a long ways to go, so in all, over 20 years of waiting, minus the years you have already waited.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
3 hours ago, Zey Ty said:

need help, PD sept 2006, from f1 converse it to f3..do i retained my PD, when do u think my visa will be current again.Im in the Philippines

Yes, your PD is the same, only waiting time is different for F1 and F3. You'll have to wait another 12 years to get a visa. If you had not been married, you already have received a visa by now.

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Lain said:

Yes, your PD is the same, only waiting time is different for F1 and F3. You'll have to wait another 12 years to get a visa. If you had not been married, you already have received a visa by now.

I have a daughter who is 10 now..will this be a problem.? true, just received my visa.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Zey Ty said:

I have a daughter who is 10 now..will this be a problem.? true, just received my visa.

Daughter is not a problem, but the husband is. When you received a visa, you had to remain unmarried, to enter US, receive a GC and only then to marry and apply for your husband, what would have taken 2 years. I'm afraid, that your F1 visa can be revoked now.

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Lain said:

Daughter is not a problem, but the husband is. When you received a visa, you had to remain unmarried, to enter US, receive a GC and only then to marry and apply for your husband, what would have taken 2 years. I'm afraid, that your F1 visa can be revoked now.

no my mom is a US citizen.I think that helps a lot.It can only be revoked I think if my mom is an LPR.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zey Ty said:

no my mom is a US citizen.I think that helps a lot.It can only be revoked I think if my mom is an LPR.

No, it can be revoked if they'll find out, that you received F1 visa when you were married. Btw, have you been informed by the consul during interview, that you have to remain unmarried till you'll receive your GC in hand?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.