Sukie

i-751 April 2016 Filers - Part 2 (merged)

682 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, JM&K said:

Hey!

Yeah it's a real bummer, we were not expecting that kind of answer so late in the process.. 

Here's their answer:

"Your supporting evidence does not sufficiently establish that you and your spouse entered the marriage in good faith and continue to share a life together until your legal separation.

You submitted the following:

• joint partial bank statement covering only one month of your marriage with no daily activity;
  • joint partial 2015 Federal tax return with no evidence of being submitted to the IRS;
  • joint insurance;
  • photo copied photograph;

(...)"

So I think our main problem is that we did not covered the entire 3 years of marriage. We thought the most recent would, by themselves means that we're still married and living together! This is so intrusive!

I also have to say that we moved during the process and I changed my address with the USCIS, maybe it triggered a red flag for them... But at least now I can add the deed to the file I guess. 

We're gonna prepare a package with bank statements, taxes, bills for the past 3 years, affidavits from family/friends, photos (originals?), ultrasound pictures (breaking my heart to send an original)...

Is there anything else we can do? I just can't deal with them anymore, this is so exhausting... 

Thanks for any advice, and reading through my rant...

JM

Despite the lack of evidence you seem to be overlooking the fact that you were or still are legally separated from your wife, the petitioner. Are you still married to the same wife? Did you filed a waiver I-751? If you gives have reconciled, you should point that out and submit supporting proof of the reconciliation. If possible, wait until after the birth of the baby to submit the evidence so that you can include birth certificate as part of evidence.  

AOS (I-485) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

March.....17, 2014..........Package Mailed

March.....20, 2014..........Package Received

April........25, 2014..........Biometrics Taken

June.........7, 2014..........Received EAD (mailbox)

June.......10, 2014..........Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC (hellish experience but approved on the spot)

June.......16, 2014..........Received GC (mailbox)

ROC (I-751) - Vermont Service Center | NYC Field Office

April.......23, 2016...........Package Mailed

April.......26, 2016...........Package Accepted (NOA Receipt Letter - Conditional Status Extended)

June......10, 2016...........Biometrics Taken

April.........8, 2017...........Conditions Lifted (Application Approved)

April......14, 2017............Approval Letter Received (USPS Stamp Dated April 11, 2017)

May.........1, 2017............Received 10 yr GC (mailbox)

Naturalization (N-400) - National Benefits Center | NYC Field Office (3 year Rule)

April....17, 2017.............Package Mailed

April....19, 2017.............Package Received 

May.....19, 2017.............Biometrics Taken

May.....26, 2017.............In Line for Interview

Sep.....12, 2017.............Interview at Federal Plaza (Recommended)

Sep.....27, 2017.............Oath Ceremony (Federal Plaza) - My journey has ended. Will be starting the AOS process for my mom soon. Another chapter will be written.

US Passport & Card: 2017 Applicants
======================================
==================================================
UserName......|Expedited|Sent....|CheckCash|TrackDate|PASSPORT|PPT-CARD|NAT CERT|Location

Private One...|No.......|09/30/17|10/04/17.|10/04/17.|10/14/17|No......|10/13/17|New York, NY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Private One said:

Despite the lack of evidence you seem to be overlooking the fact that you were or still are legally separated from your wife, the petitioner. Are you still married to the same wife? Did you filed a waiver I-751? If you gives have reconciled, you should point that out and submit supporting proof of the reconciliation. If possible, wait until after the birth of the baby to submit the evidence so that you can include birth certificate as part of evidence.  

Well the thing is, we never separated in any way!! I think their wording is confusing.

We'll add more evidence, it's going to be a big package...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, JM&K said:

Well the thing is, we never separated in any way!! I think their wording is confusing.

Lordy, if you've never been (legally) separated, then please point this out in your return letter!!!!  I'm assuming you/they got confused because you have lived in different places because of your schooling.  Explain this IN DETAIL, just like you did in your message earlier.  USCIS just ticks a stupid checklist.  They cannot add one plus one to come up with something unless you really spell it out for them.

Good luck to you!!!!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

On 6/18/2017 at 2:59 PM, JM&K said:

You definitely need to clear this up. USCIS thinking you are or were legally separated is a BIG deal. You should be good to go as long as you have supporting evidence. 

Good Luck!

June.......10, 2014..........Interview at Federal Plaza, NYC (hellish experience but approved on the spot)

April.......26, 2016...........Package Accepted (NOA Receipt Letter - Conditional Status Extended)

April......14, 2017............Approval Letter Received (USPS Stamp Dated April 11, 2017)

Naturalization (N-400) - National Benefits Center | NYC Field Office (3 year Rule)

Sep.....27, 2017.............Oath Ceremony (Federal Plaza) - My journey has ended. Will be starting the AOS process for my mom soon. Another chapter will be written.

UserName......|Expedited|Sent....|CheckCash|TrackDate|PASSPORT|PPT-CARD|NAT CERT|Location

Private One...|No.......|09/30/17|10/04/17.|10/04/17.|10/14/17|No......|10/13/17|New York, NY

It's too late for me and probably a few others here but if anyone plans on filing for citizenship it's possible to apply online. From what I've seen thus far, filing N-400 online goes super fast. Some April filers (from areas like NYC where the process takes about 9 months) have already been interviewed and will take oath before the end of June...that's less than 3 months.

Follow this topic for more info:

• 5 months later...

Well, after 19 months, we've had an interview. I was pretty bummed when I've seen an interview summons, but at least there's some movement.

The interview was pretty silly, really. We brought in a ton of paperwork but it turned out that wasn't necessary as the officer wasn't too interested in it.

The officer was polite but super formal. She asked us just a couple of super basic questions:

- What's your wife's full name?

- What's her birthday?

- What is your husband's full name?

- What's his birthday?

- Where did you meet?

- How do your families get along?

And...that was it. The interview was barely 5 minutes long, and she asked us only very basic questions. She also said that our evidence is good and she doesn't need any more of it.

That left us pretty puzzled. If our evidence was good, why did we have to wait 19 months just to have to show up for such a basic interview. 

Oh well...back to stalking the mailbox now...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
16 hours ago, tomca said:

Well, after 19 months, we've had an interview. I was pretty bummed when I've seen an interview summons, but at least there's some movement.

The interview was pretty silly, really. We brought in a ton of paperwork but it turned out that wasn't necessary as the officer wasn't too interested in it.

The officer was polite but super formal. She asked us just a couple of super basic questions:

- What's your wife's full name?

- What's her birthday?

- What is your husband's full name?

- What's his birthday?

- Where did you meet?

- How do your families get along?

And...that was it. The interview was barely 5 minutes long, and she asked us only very basic questions. She also said that our evidence is good and she doesn't need any more of it.

That left us pretty puzzled. If our evidence was good, why did we have to wait 19 months just to have to show up for such a basic interview. 

Oh well...back to stalking the mailbox now...

Congratulations!  I wonder how many April filers are still outstanding???  I am sorry you had to wait so long, but glad things worked out!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.