CY & Evy

Changing Jobs During K1/129F Process

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello,

I had a question about what would happen if my fiancé would change jobs during the k1/129f process? We are getting close to sending off the 129F package and in that package you have to give your job history.

My fiancé is wanting to start looking for a new job within the next month or two, but we are worried about the paperwork if she changes jobs after we send the 129F package off. We don't really want to delay the paperwork and wait till she finds a new job, but is that the best thing to do if she is for sure going to change jobs?

Thanks for the help!!

Corey

K-1 Journey

02/23/2017 - I-129F Package Sent via USPS

03/06/2017 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy

06/05/2017 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy

06/12/2017 - NVC Case # Assigned

06/23/2017 - Packet 3 Delivered

06/28/2017 - DS-160 Complete

7/10/2017 - Interview Scheduled for 08/08/2017

8/08/2017 - Interview passed! K-1 approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi CY & Evy,

Everything I'm reading says it's find to change jobs, just provide that info at the interview, when you submit the I-134 affidavit of support.  You actually are not required to show financial support for the I-129F (some people choose to add info to 'front load' the application with details that may be asked at the embassy; but it is not required, and you may actually increase your pay getting a new job.  I even read that some folks lost jobs during the petition process, but as long as you show you have one or a co-sponsor by the interview that even shouldn't cause a denial.  I think you will be fine.

Good luck!!

7/16/2015: First communication online                     1/23/2017: Visa Received
4/24/2016: Got Engaged! (L)                                      2/1/2017: Entry into USA           
6/10/2016: Filed I-129F petition                                   3/4/2017: Got Married! (L)

6/18/2016: I-129F NOA1                                                4/10/2017: Filed AOS (I-485), EAD, AP

8/18/2016: I-129F NOA2                                                8/4/2017: Approved EAD with AP received

9/5/2016: NVC Received                                               11/8/2017: AOS Approved

9/15/2016: Consulate Received                                   11/16/2017: Green Card Received

11/28/2016: Interview Date - Approved!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.