Kathryn Baer

K-1 Medical Examination Locations

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to anywhere. Are there specific clinics/health centres a person has to go to for the Medical Examination for a K-1 Visa? Or can I go to our local health centre and get the exam done by the doctor there? The closest hospital to where I live is 6 hours away, and the doctors listed under the Montreal Embassy Information are all 4 provinces over. Would it be easier to get the exam done in Montreal itself a few days before my interview appointment? 

Met in Nashville, TN: October 12, 2014

I went to see him: March 27 - March 31, 2016

He came to see me:  August 7 - August 15, 2016

We went to Victoria, BC together: October 14 - October 24, 2016

He proposed: October 18, 2016! :wub:

Sent K-1 Package: November 21, 2016

NOA1 Received: November 28, 2016

Went to see him: December 10 - December 19, 2016

Went to see him: December 31, 2016 - January 3, 2017

Went to see him: February 5 - February 19, 2017

*Customs Agents never asked for my duration of stay. Only asked my purpose of travel. Told them I was going to see my fiance. No issues. 

NOA2 Received: March 2, 2017

He's coming to see me: April 7 - 18, 2017

Decided to get married in Canada & sponsor him to move to Canada.

He came here, one way ticket: May 22, 2017

Got married!: June 11, 2017

Went to San Francisco for our honeymoon: June 13 - 19, 2017* 

*Customs Agent asked for proof of return ticket, no other issues when entering the US

Went to visit family for Thanksgiving & reception: November 19 - 26, 2017

Currently waiting on finalizing paperwork to submit Spousal Sponsorship application for Canada.

You have to go to one of the approved clinics listed on the Montreal Consulate (the Embassy is located in Ottawa) website.  Some Canadians prefer to extend their stay in Montreal and do it all at once (Medical exam and interview), others do two trips - depends on your personal preferences, resources (time and $$) and location. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

You have to go to one of the approved clinics listed on the Montreal Consulate (the Embassy is located in Ottawa) website.  Some Canadians prefer to extend their stay in Montreal and do it all at once (Medical exam and interview), others do two trips - depends on your personal preferences, resources (time and $$) and location. 

Do you know the link for the Montreal Consulate? I definitely think that since it takes a day for me to just get to an airport that I'd prefer doing everything in one trip. 

Met in Nashville, TN: October 12, 2014

I went to see him: March 27 - March 31, 2016

He came to see me:  August 7 - August 15, 2016

We went to Victoria, BC together: October 14 - October 24, 2016

He proposed: October 18, 2016! :wub:

Sent K-1 Package: November 21, 2016

NOA1 Received: November 28, 2016

Went to see him: December 10 - December 19, 2016

Went to see him: December 31, 2016 - January 3, 2017

Went to see him: February 5 - February 19, 2017

*Customs Agents never asked for my duration of stay. Only asked my purpose of travel. Told them I was going to see my fiance. No issues. 

NOA2 Received: March 2, 2017

He's coming to see me: April 7 - 18, 2017

Decided to get married in Canada & sponsor him to move to Canada.

He came here, one way ticket: May 22, 2017

Got married!: June 11, 2017

Went to San Francisco for our honeymoon: June 13 - 19, 2017* 

*Customs Agent asked for proof of return ticket, no other issues when entering the US

Went to visit family for Thanksgiving & reception: November 19 - 26, 2017

Currently waiting on finalizing paperwork to submit Spousal Sponsorship application for Canada.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.