jennnnnnnnnna

January 2017 I-130 (Family Petition) Filers

764 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I'm a bit confused. I have been searching online but I cannot seem to find the right answers. 

1. Is there an interview fee? 

2. How much is the green card fee? How do I pay for it and what are the forms? 

I just want to make sure my mother have everything she needs. Thanks guys! 

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning both of my parents from Philippines)

1/14/2017 - Mailed Petition to Chicago Lockbox 

1/18/2017 - Petition Received

1/25/2017 - Received text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

1/27/2017 - Check cashed and received NOA1 in the mail

1 hour ago, Reynizzle said:

So I'm a bit confused. I have been searching online but I cannot seem to find the right answers. 

1. Is there an interview fee? 

2. How much is the green card fee? How do I pay for it and what are the forms? 

I just want to make sure my mother have everything she needs. Thanks guys! 

Hi,

I don't think that we have to pay an interview fee other than the IV Fee which we paid online.

On the other hand, we have to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee (fee for green card) which is $220 once we received the Visa packet from the US Embassy. 

Too much fees.. lol. 

Good luck to all of us... 

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

10 hours ago, Rossy said:

Same happened to my parents. My dad has to go to do the spotum test. While my mom got cleared. Is your mom going to wait for your dad to be cleared? Or she will go on with her interview without your dad?

I am sorry to hear about your dad and for the delay.  My mother had her sputum test last Monday until Wednesday.  She has to come back today to get the result and for the pulmonary evaluation. 

Praying that the smear is negative even we have to wait for another 2 months for the culture result . But 2 months is much better than waiting for 6 months treatment if turns out positive...

Good luck and God bless.. 

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

Timeline
10 minutes ago, amerisian said:

Hi,

I don't think that we have to pay an interview fee other than the IV Fee which we paid online.

On the other hand, we have to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee (fee for green card) which is $220 once we received the Visa packet from the US Embassy. 

Too much fees.. lol. 

Good luck to all of us... 

Oh thank god! too many fees.... thank you!! 

4 minutes ago, amerisian said:

I am sorry to hear about your dad and for the delay.  My mother had her sputum test last Monday until Wednesday.  She has to come back today to get the result and for the pulmonary evaluation. 

Praying that the smear is negative even we have to wait for another 2 months for the culture result . But 2 months is much better than waiting for 6 months treatment if turns out positive...

Good luck and God bless.. 

So i'm sort of confused.They made your mother to do the 3 day examination and still making her wait 2 months even thou her smear was negative? 

1/25/2017 - Received text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

4 minutes ago, Reynizzle said:

Oh thank god! too many fees.... thank you!! 

So i'm sort of confused.They made your mother to do the 3 day examination and still making her wait 2 months even thou her smear was negative? 

Yes, she has to wait for the culture test result for 2 months ( to be exact, 8 weeks) even the initial result is negative. If it turns out positive, she has to do the 6 to 9 months treatment at St. Lukes. It is even worse because she has to stay in Manila during the treatment period because she has to go to St. Lukes everday. It is very pain in the $$$$$$$, especially that we don't have any relatives in Manila and I have to rent an apartment or a room for her. :( That's why I am praying that the initial result is negative and also the culture test (after 8 weeks). 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, amerisian said:

Yes, she has to wait for the culture test result for 2 months ( to be exact, 8 weeks) even the initial result is negative. If it turns out positive, she has to do the 6 to 9 months treatment at St. Lukes. It is even worse because she has to stay in Manila during the treatment period because she has to go to St. Lukes everday. It is very pain in the $$$$$$$, especially that we don't have any relatives in Manila and I have to rent an apartment or a room for her. :( That's why I am praying that the initial result is negative and also the culture test (after 8 weeks). 

That's very ridiculous! To go back and forth everyday is crazy! I'm hoping that are parents are OK! 

11 minutes ago, Reynizzle said:

That's very ridiculous! To go back and forth everyday is crazy! I'm hoping that are parents are OK! 

Exactly! :( 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Newbie here and looking for some info or idea about the petitioned that I filed. I petitioned  my Dad and filed I-I30 and got my first NOA that they received my application already and that was Sept 2017. Until now, I haven't heard anything with regards to my application. Is this normal? Thanks.

A great marriage is not when the 'perfect couple' comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

There is no remedy for love but to love more.

Timeline

I got an email today from the US embassy in the Philippines. It states what will my parents need to bring on their interview. According to their review, My parents need to bring an original copy of I-864 from me as the petitioner and an I-864a from my husband as a joint sponsor. The thing is, I already submitted an I-864ez before (NVC stage) as I am the sole sponsor. My income requirements is lower than required because I am in the military and I am way above the poverty level. I'm just wondering if it will delay my mom's visa if I don't send it cause they are wanting an original I-864's from me and my husband with original signature and I'm afraid it is way too late to send it to my mom as her interview is in less than 2 weeks. 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 1/16/2018 at 9:09 PM, kumta527sor said:

my parents had their interview on Dec 13, everything went well but at the end they were told to bring an additional document and submit their passports together with that paper in order to get the visas. That additional document was a police certificate from another country. Long story short, on Dec 29 they submitted everything through the local courier. I was under the impression, and so were they, that this is a "done deal' and would only take a couple of days. Well, we were wrong. After numerous calls and emails to the consulate the answer is the same that is on the ceac :Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. 

The consulate even went further to scare the hell out of me by telling me it might take weeks or even months to issue a visa :angry:

Has anybody has anything close to this disappointment and frustration? I feel like the entire process went pretty smooth and now the consulate is giving us a hard time for no reason :(

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 9.06.26 PM.png

So today my parents got a missed call from a caller ID: Immigrant Invest...

any clue what this might be? tried googling and got different answers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/17/2018 at 9:02 AM, jennnnnnnnnna said:

Anyway, I just sent the documents to my mom and she should get it tomorrow and send it to the US Embassy via 2GO. I'm really really really hoping this is the last stretch as I can't wait to finally be with my mom. All my fingers are crossed!

Jeez!!! I wish these USCIS agents would be more careful with our documents and remember that we have to cross mountains and valleys to acquire them.  I'm praying this is your final haul.

Good luck to all of us!!!

Married December 2011

04/03/13 - Mailed I130/I485/I131/I76504/08/13 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04/16/13 - NOA(x4) Text/Email received with MSC number, routed to NBC

04/18/13 - Able to check status on USCIS site

04/18/13 - Received biometrics notice for 5/8/13 apt

04/23/13 - Biometrics completed by walk-in

05/14/13 - I-485 Case Status updated to Testing & Interview

05/20/13 - Text message (as of 5/19/13 I-485 interview date set for 6/20/13)06/10/13 - Status update - AP approved EAD in card production

06/14/13 - Status update - EAD/AP card mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/17/13)

06/17/13 - EAD/AP Combo Card arrival!!!!!! (I am cute looking in my picluv.gif)06/20/13 - I-485 Interviewgoofy.gif

06/20/13 - Pronto Approval!!!! "As of today you are a Legal Permanent Resident of the USA"

06/20/13 - Status updated 3 times (1-485 card approval/production, 1-130 approval NOA mailed out & 1-NOA of LPR registration status)

06/25/13 - GC in card production

06/26/13 - Status update - GC mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/29/13 )

07/01/13 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY and 4th of JULY to me (GC received - Praise be to God for another miracle and blessing!!!) cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifTears of Joy!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITION (ROC)

03/02/15 - USCIS Removal of Condition reminder letter received

03/30/15 - I-751 package submitted

03/31/15 - I-751 package delivered to USCIS

04/01/15 - NOA date

04/03/15 - I-751 check cashed by USCIS

04/28/15 - Biometrics appointment

01/26/16 - Email notification - I-751 Approved and card in production

01/28/16 - Card mailed out

01/30/16 - Thank God!! received card in the mail (NEXT STEP - CITIZENSHIP)

CITIZENSHIP

03/22/16 - N-400 package submitted​

03/23/16 - N-400 package delivered to USCIS

03/30/16 - Check cashed by USCIS

03/30/16 - NOA

04/13/16 - Biometrics appointment

07/15/16 - Interview Date

07/27/16 - Oath

1211 days!!!!!! PRAISE GOD...I AM A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 1/17/2018 at 8:02 AM, jennnnnnnnnna said:

Hey everyone! I've been busy recently and didn't have the time to update you all. 

My Mom's police clearance was received by the US Embassy last December 27. Lo and behold, after a few days, I received an email from them requesting for my husband's I-864, tax forms and W-2s. I was so aggaravated. First of all, I intended to sponsor my Mom by myself since I make enough money according to the poverty guidelines they specified. Last October, a month before my Mom's interview, they asked for my husband's I-864A and I complied, and now they're asking for another document. I was so upset. Of course I called the US Embassy, unfortunately, if you call their call center, they can't provide you with the specifics of your case. I learned it a few days after calling every single day. Their call center escalated it blah blah blah but never heard anything back. So finally I sent them an email and they responded a week after saying they want me to submit the documents. They didn't even address my other questions. UGH! Talk about customer service! Anyway, I just sent the documents to my mom and she should get it tomorrow and send it to the US Embassy via 2GO. I'm really really really hoping this is the last stretch as I can't wait to finally be with my mom. All my fingers are crossed!

That sucks with the costumer service! Just hang in the Jennnna, she will be there pretty soon!! We arrived here in Minnesota Jan.7 and mom is not really impressed with Winter. Goodluck dear! 

Filed: Other Timeline
On 1/18/2018 at 6:25 PM, kumta527sor said:

So today my parents got a missed call from a caller ID: Immigrant Invest...

any clue what this might be? tried googling and got different answers.

My parens safely arrived yesterday! :rolleyes:

We are finally done with this lengthy procedure!

Good luck to you all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.