Jump to content

Learner's Permit

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

~~Moved to Moving Here and Your New Life, from Off Topic - as the topic of divers license comes up often in this forum.~~


Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jaya_razz said:



Can I get a learner's permit without a social security number? I just got my EAD and have yet to apply for social security number;  I am based in Wisconsin


I appreciate your response.

Hi i don't think so, IF you have a paystub though that has your ssn on it you could use that. Otherwise you cant get it without it.

Here are the documents needed for drivers license.


* Your name and date of birth (e.g.,certified birth certificate, employment authorization card, etc.).


  • * Identity (e.g., Social Security card, military discharge papers, etc.).
  • * Social Security number (e.g., Social Security card, pay stubs showing your entire SSN, etc.)
  • * U.S. citizenship OR permanent legal presence, conditional resident status, or temporary visitor status. (e.g., valid U.S. passport, valid I-551, etc.).
  • * Wisconsin residency (e.g., utility bill dated within the last 90 days, mortgage or rental agreement, etc.).
  • * Any legal name change (e.g., marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.).

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.