dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

Spoke to a Supervisor today (6 weeks is up). Not sure if this info is just UK specific or more general:

She said there is nothing she can do, they look at documents in the order of the dates. She couldn't tell me what date they are on, but they are "somewhere in November" (Our date is November 28th). She said (and I assume this is embassy specific) they are "almost done" scheduling February interviews, so most likely at the earliest it would be in March but she can't tell me. She said that our file is under "supervisor" review now, but as the other person posted it really doesn't do anything because they still go in order.

Andy, (Or are you Mike?)

I would try talking to someone about that. That seems like it was out of your control? It is the consulate who didn't send the paperwork in? That doesn't seem fair at all. 

25 minutes ago, bcking said:

Spoke to a Supervisor today (6 weeks is up). Not sure if this info is just UK specific or more general:

She said there is nothing she can do, they look at documents in the order of the dates. She couldn't tell me what date they are on, but they are "somewhere in November" (Our date is November 28th). She said (and I assume this is embassy specific) they are "almost done" scheduling February interviews, so most likely at the earliest it would be in March but she can't tell me. She said that our file is under "supervisor" review now, but as the other person posted it really doesn't do anything because they still go in order.

Andy, (Or are you Mike?)

I would try talking to someone about that. That seems like it was out of your control? It is the consulate who didn't send the paperwork in? That doesn't seem fair at all. 

Okay, so with that information, does that mean the people who are stuck longer have issues with their background checks or something? I know I've heard that people with common names can have more trouble, but I don't really understand if the background checks are done at NVC or at USCIS or the consulate or where... Or is there some other reasoning behind it? I mean, that would explain why someone with a scan date of November 9th would get a check list already, and some people from October are still waiting...

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Just now, afortunada said:

Okay, so with that information, does that mean the people who are stuck longer have issues with their background checks or something? I know I've heard that people with common names can have more trouble, but I don't really understand if the background checks are done at NVC or at USCIS or the consulate or where... Or is there some other reasoning behind it? I mean, that would explain why someone with a scan date of November 9th would get a check list already, and some people from October are still waiting...

I think what she was talking about was the wait for the file to be looked at.

What it sounds like is most of the "waiting" time is actually your file just sitting on a desk, or in a cubby hole, waiting to be "called up" to be looked at. I think the review process really only takes a few days at most. What she was talking about (at least how I interpreted it) was that they were in November in terms of grabbing the files to be looked at.

Once they have them and they are reviewing them, I imagine some are more difficult to review than others. They may take more time. Not sure why though. So if someone is from October and still hasn't gotten a CC I would imagine it's been looked at and there was some issue, but something that maybe they thought they can resolve without forming a checklist? Or maybe some "sections" are slower than others (so while the UK section may be into November, maybe another country is further behind?)

The only reason I asked to speak to a supervisor was because what I'm waiting for them to look at is a single page document that only has 6 words different from the original document we sent in. She agreed it would take mere minutes to review it, but said they can't pull certain files up sooner because we have to wait our turn no matter how quickly our documents would get reviewed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 minute ago, bcking said:

What it sounds like is most of the "waiting" time is actually your file just sitting on a desk, or in a cubby hole, waiting to be "called up" to be looked at. I think the review process really only takes a few days at most. What she was talking about (at least how I interpreted it) was that they were in November in terms of grabbing the files to be looked at.

Once they have them and they are reviewing them, I imagine some are more difficult to review than others. They may take more time. Not sure why though. So if someone is from October and still hasn't gotten a CC I would imagine it's been looked at and there was some issue, but something that maybe they thought they can resolve without forming a checklist? Or maybe some "sections" are slower than others (so while the UK section may be into November, maybe another country is further behind?)

The only reason I asked to speak to a supervisor was because what I'm waiting for them to look at is a single page document that only has 6 words different from the original document we sent in. She agreed it would take mere minutes to review it, but said they can't pull certain files up sooner because we have to wait our turn no matter how quickly our documents would get reviewed.

This is my understanding as well.

Scan date November 2

Supervisor review December 21

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

4 minutes ago, bcking said:

Right, I mean, a person with an October scan date who is still waiting for news must have had their file already opened and reviewed (if they do indeed open mail by date of receiving it), but then it has to be delayed because of something like you said - something they think they can fix. What else could that be besides background checks? Because if there was an issue with a form, a checklist would just be issued instead. Sigh, well I hope things speed up for everyone...

Edited by afortunada

NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day

2 minutes ago, afortunada said:

Right, I mean, a person with an October scan date who is still waiting for news must have had their file already opened and reviewed (if they do indeed open mail by date of receiving it), but then it has to be delayed because of something like you said - something they think they can fix. What else could that be besides background checks? Because if there was an issue with a form, a checklist would just be issued instead. Sigh, well I hope things speed up for everyone...

If there is someone here with an October scan date still waiting I would suggest calling and asking to be connected to a supervisor. You have to wait on hold again for the supervisor, but eventually when you get on with them I would just ask them up front "I know other people who have scan dates in November who have been reviewed already, so why hasn't mine?". They may be able to give an answer (though it may be vague). If they really say it hasn't even been looked at yet, something must be wrong or the particular "section" assigned to it must be very far behind. No one here has been able to quite figure out how the NVC is divided up, as far as I'm aware. Not sure if it's a group of people reviewing for each country of origin, or each region, or just a random assortment of files.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
23 minutes ago, bcking said:

If there is someone here with an October scan date still waiting I would suggest calling and asking to be connected to a supervisor. You have to wait on hold again for the supervisor, but eventually when you get on with them I would just ask them up front "I know other people who have scan dates in November who have been reviewed already, so why hasn't mine?". They may be able to give an answer (though it may be vague). If they really say it hasn't even been looked at yet, something must be wrong or the particular "section" assigned to it must be very far behind. No one here has been able to quite figure out how the NVC is divided up, as far as I'm aware. Not sure if it's a group of people reviewing for each country of origin, or each region, or just a random assortment of files.

Scane date :october 14

supervisor review:December 1

called them and ask for supervisor to tell her that I've been waiting longer then anybody else, she said I can't campare my case with others and she put request for fast processing, called today still they haven't reviewed yet !!!

im really frustrated and pissed off ..

I'm so beyond frustrated with this stupid process.  NVC is an absolute joke.

Scan date 11/7

Supervisor review 12/21

Checklist 1/4

The checklist is for documents they already have.  Their document reciprocity in their system is outdated.  It's for my husband's divorce decree.  They want it form the registrar office.  The registrar office website even says they don't have them and to get them from the county court where it was done, which we had and sent with original documents. 

I have tried calling several times a day and demanding to speak with a supervisor.  I have explained the situation to various reps and they note it in the system.  Yesterday I let them go ahead and send it back to the supervisor for review even though I know that could take another 6 weeks.  I can't get a supervisor to even call me back as I requested that last week.

I feel like we're stuck and life is passing us by.

I'm filling out the paperwork to send to the senator and see if their office can help

3 minutes ago, chel0524 said:

Scan date 11/7

Supervisor review 12/21

Checklist 1/4

The checklist is for documents they already have.  Their document reciprocity in their system is outdated.  It's for my husband's divorce decree.  They want it form the registrar office.  The registrar office website even says they don't have them and to get them from the county court where it was done, which we had and sent with original documents. 

I have tried calling several times a day and demanding to speak with a supervisor.  I have explained the situation to various reps and they note it in the system.  Yesterday I let them go ahead and send it back to the supervisor for review even though I know that could take another 6 weeks.  I can't get a supervisor to even call me back as I requested that last week.

I'm filling out the paperwork to send to the senator and see if their office can help

Nooo, I'm so sorry, dear :( I hope your senator can help. That is just ridiculous. Do you call during the days, or nights? I don't know how everyone else's experience here is, but the nighttime reps are always MUCH more informative and helpful than the reps during the day (at least for me). 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, bcking said:

Andy, (Or are you Mike?)

Sadly its the same with me. I have been on a supervisors list since Dec 16. Still nothing. My scan date was Nov 3. Its been almost 10 weeks and I call and get the ame answer everytime. They say its on the supervisors list and I have to wait and give the supervisor 6 more weeks. So they dont seem to be to far into Nov because I am Nov 3. ?

Edited by Cbsjjg

My rep this morning was a total B! I even told her to check her attitude.  She wasn't listening to what I was explaining to her but that got her attention and she finally started listening. (BTW, I'm Andy).

Married: April 20th, 2016

I-130 Petition Sent: April 24th, 2016

NOA1 Received: May 17th, 2016

NOA2 Received: Sept 12th, 2016

----------

NVC Received: October 11th, 2016

NVC Case Number Assigned: October 19th, 2016

IV and AOS Fees Paid: October 28th, 2016

DS-260 Submitted: November 4th, 2016

Scan Date: November 9th, 2016

Supervisor Review: December 21st, 2016

Medical Exam Complete: January 9th, 2017

Checklist Received: January 10th, 2017

New Scan Date: January 24th, 2017

Contacted Congressman Aid: February 24th, 2017

Expedite Approved; Case sent to Auckland Consulate: March 27th, 2017

Interview Scheduled: 4/3/17 

----------

Interview Date: 4/18/17

Visa in Hand:

Date of US Entry:

Timeline
33 minutes ago, chel0524 said:

Scan date 11/7

Supervisor review 12/21

Checklist 1/4

I'm very sorry to hear this :(  I would still continue to ask for a supervisor call back request, and seek the senator's help in parallel.  

Timeline
49 minutes ago, kazero17 said:

Scane date :october 14

supervisor review:December 1

called them and ask for supervisor to tell her that I've been waiting longer then anybody else, she said I can't campare my case with others and she put request for fast processing, called today still they haven't reviewed yet !!!

im really frustrated and pissed off ..

The week isn't over yet...I'm hoping for you...that's too long to wait..

Edited by Duncan21

34 minutes ago, afortunada said:

Nooo, I'm so sorry, dear :( I hope your senator can help. That is just ridiculous. Do you call during the days, or nights? I don't know how everyone else's experience here is, but the nighttime reps are always MUCH more informative and helpful than the reps during the day (at least for me). 

I call both night and day. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Duncan21 said:

The week isn't over yet...I'm hoping for you...that's too long to wait..

I know Duncan , i think im the one who waited longer here, i hope im the only and last one who does..wish to hear good news this week for my case and everyone's case too..good luck friends..stay ? and positive..?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.