Jump to content
Farz

Spouse Visa processing in Bangladesh (merged topics)

206 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi, Can Anyone share their latest interview experirnce at Bangladesh Embassy??

I have submitted my english translated marriage nikanama and certificate to NVC. Do i have to submit the marriage nikanama in my language(bangla) as well?? Please advice.

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to change topic title to reflect merged thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

~~~Similar topics merged.~~~


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Farz said:

Hi, Can Anyone share their latest interview experirnce at Bangladesh Embassy??

I have submitted my english translated marriage nikanama and certificate to NVC. Do i have to submit the marriage nikanama in my language(bangla) as well?? Please advice.

Hi you have to submit bangali one as well. In my case I didn't give bangali marriage certificate then they send emails that it's missing and still I am waiting for review. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Farz said:

Hi, Can anyone tell me the validity of the police clearance from Bangladesh?? I have taken my police clearance on august 2016. There are chances that my interview could be scheduled in Feb or in March.. Do i have to renew it??

No it will be 1 year valid 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Shouvic said:

Hi you have to submit bangali one as well. In my case I didn't give bangali marriage certificate then they send emails that it's missing and still I am waiting for review. 

hi... Did they ask for nikanama in bangla or marriage certificate in bangla.. Are you sure the police clearance from bangladesh has one year validity??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Farz said:

hi... Did they ask for nikanama in bangla or marriage certificate in bangla.. Are you sure the police clearance from bangladesh has one year validity??

did they ask you to send the bangla version to them or they asked you to take it along in the interview??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Farz said:

did they ask you to send the bangla version to them or they asked you to take it along in the interview??

Ya they ask me to send them bangali marriage certificate and nikanama as well and I am pretty much sure about police clearance 1 year validity. Did you submit all the checklist to nvc already except bangali marriage certificate. Otherwise they will take time for me happening same thing still I am waiting for interview letter. 

Edited by Shouvic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shouvic said:

Ya they ask me to send them bangali marriage certificate and nikanama as well and I am pretty much sure about police clearance 1 year validity. Did you submit all the checklist to nvc already except bangali marriage certificate. Otherwise they will take time for me happening same thing still I am waiting for interview letter. 

hi!! did you submit your birth certificate both in english and bengali??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2017 at 4:30 AM, Farz said:

hi!! did you submit your birth certificate both in english and bengali??

I submitted only English one, are you living in Bangladesh, you can contact with me (phone # removed)

Edited by Ontarkie
removed phone #

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2017 at 4:45 AM, Shouvic said:

I submitted only English one, are you living in Bangladesh, you can contact with me(edited phone #)

Thanks. So You submitted Marriage certificate(English&Bengali) Nikanama( English&Bengali) right??

Edited by Ontarkie
edited phone #

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×