espared12

I-751 January 2017 Filers

2,600 posts in this topic

my_logo.png

Case Was Received At My Local Office

On February 26, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXX, at your local office. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Edited by tekogremista

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, tomriesgo said:

January 2018 cases for CSC are also showing as "received at local office" in some cases including mine. I am a Jan 2018 filer and just looking around to see that the update meant.

I believe this is a sign they are slowing shifting the workload - the Tier1/2 people might know or not know is a different story - but internally a shift is happening.

I'm thinking and hoping next few months the 2017 Jan filers will hear something soon. This whole wait has been of a ride.

..:::: My Visa Journey Timeline ::::..

• 10/20/2013 [Married]
  • 12/11/2013 [I-130 Mailed Phoeniz, AZ Lockbox]
  • 12/12/2013 [Priority Date]
  • 12/17/2013 [Received & Money Order Cashed | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 1]

• 01/09/2014 [NOA1 (I-797C) Hardcopy Recieved]
  • 05/29/2014 [Alien Registration Number Changed | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 2]
  • 06/10/2014 [I-130 Approved | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 3]
  • 06/16/2014 [Shipped to NVC for processing | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 4]
  • 06/30/2014 [Received at NVC] [Last Update 5]
  • 07/24/2014 [Case, IIN and BIN Numbers received] [Last Update 6]
  • 07/31/2014 [Received AOS Bill & DS-261 | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 7]
  • 08/02/2014 [Paid AOS Bill] [Last Update 8]
  • 08/04/2014 [Package AOS Sent] [Last Update 9]
  • 09/11/2014 [Received IV Bill] [Last Update 10]
  • 09/12/2014 [Paid IV Bill] [Last Update 11]
  • 09/15/2014 [IV Package Sent] [Last Update 12]
  • 09/18/2014 [DS-260 Completed] [Last Update 13]
  • 10/03/2014 [AOS Check-list Sent] [Last Update 14]
  • 12/03/2014 [Case Complete | e-Mail] [Last Update 15]
  • 12/23/2014 [Medical Exam] [Last Update 16]

• 01/28/2015 [interview] [Last Update 17]

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:33 AM, AmelieAino said:

Interviews are normally very rare. There's no way they can interview the thousands of people who got the local office message. We would have to wait several years!!

You are right, it is just balancing of the workload.

Hopefully by May-June 2018 we should hear something.

regards

Steve

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, AdnanS said:

Steve,

I think your going over reacting, that 1st link also says it's done to balance workload. As you can see VSC were popping approvals and nothing happening with CSC. I believe its' to balance the workload and as someone mentioned some got approved without an interview.

Ya, lets hope so :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I also finally showed up on the case management system.

I have a weird situation though. I applied for N-400 online on February 17th 2018.

The I-765 case number finally showed up about a week later; the case number indicates that USCIS received my case on Jan 26th 2017...

And on February 25th 2018...

And on February 26th 2018.

Also, I have received multiple emails and texts to tell me my case is still under review.

An average of one a day. :huh:

Thanks, I guess?

K1 Visa Timeline

• I-129F Sent via USPS EXPRESS MAIL: 05/01/2013 -  NOA1: 05/10/2013 - I-129F NOA2: 08/06/2013 Consulate Interview Date (Dublin, Ireland): 11/25/2013 - Interview Result: APPROVED! - Entered US via DBL POE (Dublin,IE): 04/27/2014 
  • Married on 05/11/2014

AOS Timeline

• Mailed I-485, I-765 to Chicago Lockbox: 05/28/2014 - I-485 and I-765 NOA1: 06/03/2014 received -  06/10/2014 Biometrics Appointment -  06/25/2014  I-765 Approved -  08/11/2014 - *POTENTIAL INTERVIEW WAIVER LETTER*: Dated 09/10/2014 .  EAD/AP renewal sent by FedEx - 04/13/2015 NOA1 for EAD/AP Renewal -  04/16/2015 Green Card Ordered for production!!! 05/01/2015

ROC Timeline 

• Mailed I-751 application California Service Center : 2017-01-25 NOA1 / 1 Year Extension letter date : 2017-01-26 Biometrics Appointment - 2017-02-22 Nebraska DMV does not recognize extension letter - require I551 stamp  Got I-551 Stamp valid until 3/20/2018 - 2017-03-21 - Infopass Omaha NE: 2018-03-06 - I-551 stamp for renewing Driving License  - Approved during N-400 interview 2018-05-17. :jest:

Naturalization Timeline 

• N-400 e-filed: 2018-02-17 - NOA1 received: 2018-02-17 - Biometrics Appointment:2018-03-15 (Early walkin on 2018-03-06) - 2018-04-11 - Notification of Interview Scheduled  - Interview set for 2018-05-17 :dance:
  • N-400 Interview on 2018-05-17 - Passed - Administrative Oath Ceremony same day.

am a US Citizen now.B-)

Unfortunately, it seems that the latest notices are some kind of a glitch. 

I recommend going through boards for November 2016 filers and this thread in particular: 

It seems that:

• Tier 1 officers have access to the same information we do and they cannot really verify much
  • Tier 2 officers confirmed that cases that were allegedly transferred are still in the processing centers and they don't see any changes or movements
  • InfoPass officers confirmed that a case that was supposedly transferred to their office is not there and they did not observe any influx of I-751 cases.
  • There are some unverifiable posts suggesting that the system has been going through updates that might have caused the glitch
  • Another unverifiable: someone mentioned that CSC was 4000 (as in four thousands) cases behind for September alone.
  • Some people received regular mail notifications. A lot of people received very confusing updates from the uscis systems

My personal case was allegedly received in my local office on February 26th. I didn't know about that at the time and had an InfoPass appointment a day later. The immigration officer checked my case that day and said that there's nothing happening with it at all.

If someone could confirm that this is not the case it would definitely be nice but the meantime I'm just back to waiting for any movement.... 

Just sharing my update.  I checked my case and it says  March 10  2018 they recieved my case. The date changed from february 26 to March 10. 

Anybody has any idea what is really going on? 

51 minutes ago, adilben said:

yes i got the same thing , before this this update they was saying its will be schedule for interview , by the way im from Morocco too . 

Where in morocco? What state you are at ?

Also did you get an interview notice? 

Edited by Youssefyoussef

57 minutes ago, adilben said:

yes i got the same thing , before this this update they was saying its will be schedule for interview , by the way im from Morocco too . 

Hi adilben,

Where did they say that you will be scheduled for an interview?

regards

Steve

I have an update about my own "local office" transfer. I scheduled an INFOPASS appt because my extension expires in 3 weeks. The agent said that the 'transfer to local office' notices are very likely an error happening to many cases. (He called it the result of "someone's fat fingers," I kid you not.) He told me the files don't get transferred to local offices unless an interview or further information is/are required, but the notice for either of those requirements would come first, and would come in the mail. Anyway, he said my file wasn't at that office, despite the info on my "My Cases" page, but he also couldn't tell me if it was still at CSC or not. He stamped my passport with another year-long extension right away.

Long story short, it appears to confirm that the move to my "Local Office" is an error. He did tell me that there are huge backlogs and delays, especially for ROC petitions, usually 18-24 months. He recommended I go ahead and apply for citizenship because it's faster, and he's already seen a few successful applicants granted citizenship while awaiting ROC approval.

Guess it's on the next step before I've completed this one!

Good luck, all.

57 minutes ago, NathanGM said:

I have an update about my own "local office" transfer. I scheduled an INFOPASS appt because my extension expires in 3 weeks. The agent said that the 'transfer to local office' notices are very likely an error happening to many cases. (He called it the result of "someone's fat fingers," I kid you not.) He told me the files don't get transferred to local offices unless an interview or further information is/are required, but the notice for either of those requirements would come first, and would come in the mail. Anyway, he said my file wasn't at that office, despite the info on my "My Cases" page, but he also couldn't tell me if it was still at CSC or not. He stamped my passport with another year-long extension right away.

Long story short, it appears to confirm that the move to my "Local Office" is an error. He did tell me that there are huge backlogs and delays, especially for ROC petitions, usually 18-24 months. He recommended I go ahead and apply for citizenship because it's faster, and he's already seen a few successful applicants granted citizenship while awaiting ROC approval.

Guess it's on the next step before I've completed this one!

Good luck, all.

Thank you for the info. My lawyer told then ROC needs to get approved then grant the citizenship. But that is when ROC process takes about 6 months, maybe they changed the rule due to backlogs. Anyway, I will apply N400 and hopefully then wont do the combo interview since LA office takes up to 10 months for the N400. I dont want to add another 10 months to this endless waiting. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.