2,895 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

aquila You should asK your mom and one sibling to write down an affidavit .Any document that is not in English must be translated.

There is one person here that contacted me after her VAWA was denied,  I did not help her with because she had an attorney, she submitted 15 affidavits and she was denied.  USCIS knows that 60% of the marriage are sham marriages, and people that get married to gain benefit usually do not involve the family, then submit your mom or father affidavit.

Lets week someone asked my help, but no one single person of his family knows about his marriage and  I decided not to help him, there is no doubt in my mind that he has a sham marriage.

Filed: Other Timeline
11 hours ago, Lunalotto said:

How long it took you from nbc to local office? And whats your local office? Also, did you get 2 different notifications from both offices or only nbc then interview?

I didn't get any notice after transferred in nbc. After one month I got RFE. and then after 2 months I got interview latter. Newark is my field office

5 hours ago, sandranj said:

aquila You should asK your mom and one sibling to write down an affidavit .Any document that is not in English must be translated.

There is one person here that contacted me after her VAWA was denied,  I did not help her with because she had an attorney, she submitted 15 affidavits and she was denied.  USCIS knows that 60% of the marriage are sham marriages, and people that get married to gain benefit usually do not involve the family, then submit your mom or father affidavit.

Lets week someone asked my help, but no one single person of his family knows about his marriage and  I decided not to help him, there is no doubt in my mind that he has a sham marriage.

I surely do agree with you perfectly about ways some others use in order to obtain benefits which is quite unfortunate. My family back home is aware of my marriage,i hope they can send me theirs early enough before my deadline is up. My uncle was present at the wedding here because he lives here in the US.

Filed: Other Country: Marshall Islands
Timeline

Hello, 

USCIS processing time doesn't update the process of the end of February.

Is anyone got approved thos month?

If then, could you mention when you applied? Was there any request for REF?

This will be helpful all the readers who are waiting for responding from USCIS.

Thank you. 

Filed: Timeline

Hi Guys, i have a quick question and a big dilemma i am dealing with. I got my Vawa approval on October 2016 and i recently got a letter saying i am scheduled for an interview on April 28, 2017. Now the  problem is that at the time i sent the application, i was living in Desmoines, Iowa.  I recently moved to Chicago (It's been two weeks) for a new job but the interview will be held in Desmoines,IA . I actually never got the chance to update my address on the USCiS website yet. What should i do? should i notify them that i changed my address or should i go to the interview regardless? And if i do change my address online, will the fact that my case will be transferred to appropriate jurisdiction(Illinois in this case) delay my case or processing time? what do you guys think? Sandra i would love to hear from you too please. thank you. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Ashan04 said:

Hi Guys, i have a quick question and a big dilemma i am dealing with. I got my Vawa approval on October 2016 and i recently got a letter saying i am scheduled for an interview on April 28, 2017. Now the  problem is that at the time i sent the application, i was living in Desmoines, Iowa.  I recently moved to Chicago (It's been two weeks) for a new job but the interview will be held in Desmoines,IA . I actually never got the chance to update my address on the USCiS website yet. What should i do? should i notify them that i changed my address or should i go to the interview regardless? And if i do change my address online, will the fact that my case will be transferred to appropriate jurisdiction(Illinois in this case) delay my case or processing time? what do you guys think? Sandra i would love to hear from you too please. thank you. 

Go to the interview regardless I think. Could u please post your timeline if you don't mind 

1 hour ago, Ashan04 said:

I guess you're interview was scheduled based off your location so if with these few days left changing your address won't help with rescheduling to your new location. I'd personally suggest you make time and go for the interview at your former address. 

I hope my suggestion helps

Make sure they have your correct address (before the interview) because I believe there are requirements about such things. Then go to the to the interview.

Is this your AOS interview?  

1 hour ago, Strongstaystrong said:

Go to the interview regardless I think. Could u please post your timeline if you don't mind 

Here is my timeline:

March 2016: Submitted I-360, I-485, I-765

May 2016: Received EAD Card

October 2016: Vawa Approved

I had no RFE.

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi Ashan04 .. can u pls post ur timeline as its so frustating waiting for vawa

37 minutes ago, aquila said:

I guess you're interview was scheduled based off your location so if with these few days left changing your address won't help with rescheduling to your new location. I'd personally suggest you make time and go for the interview at your former address. 

I hope my suggestion helps

That's exactly what i am thinking. But i don't know if failing to notify USCIS that i have changed my address just so that i won't have to deal with delays(if any) due to rescheduling in another State or Jurisdiction will cause trouble. 

4 minutes ago, rayofhope said:

Hi Ashan04 .. can u pls post ur timeline as its so frustating waiting for vawa

Here is my timeline:

May 2016: Received EAD Card

I had no RFE.

@Ashan04 I'd suggest that you go for the interview and get it out of the way. You can set up mail forwarding service with USPS so they can forward all mails to your new address. Just inform interviewer about your address change and see his or her point of view. Plus go to the uscis website and update it too after your interview I'd suggest. 

18 minutes ago, MsBoo said:

Make sure they have your correct address (before the interview) because I believe there are requirements about such things. Then go to the to the interview.

Is this your AOS interview?  

Yes it's AOS. And yes, i know they require people to update their address whenever they move. However, with an AOS interview being this close, i don't know if i should let them know about my new address because i really don't want any delay in my processing time. I am this close to being done with this emotionally exhausting journey and rescheduling could postpone my interview for another 6 months. Who knows with those guys..

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Ashan04 said:

Here is my timeline:

May 2016: Received EAD Card

I had no RFE.

Thx Ashan04 one more question did you requested for prima facie extension as it was more than six months when your vawa got approved as in mine case its 5 1/2 months and wondering if uscis eud send extension or should i request

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.