Tine68

Former LPR reapplying

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

i am stressing myself out quit a bit.. and here is why:

1. I lived 4 Years in the USA in early 90´s ( 92 - ´96) . Had a Greencard as well as SSN.

I left the US to get away from my abusive Husband with the help of my Parents.

Since then ( 1996) i have never been back to the US.

2. My Husband also has been a Sponsor before, but his EX Wife left The US before AOS - this also took place in the early 90´s .... I read that this could trigger red flags too...

I am remarried now, and my Husband filed an I-130 for me.

Is here anyone who has experianced something similar??? I am afraid to get denied, because i abandoned my status 20 Years ago...

Also we are going thru DCF.

Any Information on this is beeing appreciated.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

did you put on the form your GC number and social security number?

even if the residency expired, the numbers are for life, you won't get new numbers, so on anywhere where the numbers are required. you must put them

Yes i put both numbers on the forms .. I even still have my expired GC

I am just worried, because we have only been married a couple of weeks before filing, due to unexpected circumstances with my Husbands work... but we live together the past 5 Years..

and also, i never got with USCIS the whole Time i lived in Germany, because it simply never crossed my mind...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I agree with aleful- considering you and your husband's previous marriages were a long time ago, and you are now living together abroad, I think you will be fine.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I did dcf recently. I married end of June and did my husband app in August(it would of been sooner but we were helping his sister who lived in a different providence and once we got back it took us some time to get our evidence put together)

Everything went smoothly for us the visa was approved and the whole process took a little over 2 months.

It definitely helped our case that I was still with him which the co mentioned to us lol

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.