Jimfwilliams42

Duterte support, Immigration and EJK

23 posts in this topic

Hello all,

My asawa and I are at NOA1 K1 Visa status. Putting political opinions aside, I'm hoping for some insight into forms we will be processing in the future that ask about Extra Judicial Killings. When obtaining a green card I-485 asks, Have you EVER ordered, incited, called for, committed, helped with, or otherwise do any of the following: a. Acts involving torture or genocide? b. Killing any person?…

The auther of the following article makes the argument that supporting Duterte can be categorized as helping with the Extra Judicial Killings being reported out of the Philippines. A similar question is asked during the naturalization process as well.

https://globalnation.inquirer.net/150954/dutertes-ejk-supporters-violate-us-immigration-laws

Does anybody here have experience with the Greencard and citizenship process? Does the process just involve a simple yes/no on a form or is this an interview process? Is it possible that facebook would be investigated of persons applying for the Greencard and citizenship process?

She's a supporter of Duterete and has a minor mention of her support on her facebook. I advised her to avoid political references on Facebook, but I'm wondering if I should have her delete any political stances completely.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Merry Christmas!!!

Please stop over thinking things about Duterte. He is the LEGITIMATE President of the Philippines and yes he does have some issues but his no where near a dictator.

But my asawa is from Davao City and was a hard core supporter of him when he was running for president. She still supports him but wishes he would shut his mouth sometimes. So do not worry about anything.

Filed: Other Timeline

If I voted and supported a candidate within the United States that said he would cleanse the United States of a certain group of people and then he did so, I would answer "NO I was not involved in that." I feel your partner should do the same.

Voting or Voicing support of someone is nowhere near the same as being involved.

Click the "Spoiler" button to see our full timeline.

I-129F Sent : 2016-02-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-19

I-129F NOA2 : 2016-04-18

I-129F NOA2 (printed) : 2016-04-22

NBI, CENOMAR, Birth Certificates, Passport Complete: 2016-05-02

NVC Acknowledged Case: 2016-05-06

NVC Assigned Case Number: 2016-05-09

CFO Certificate: 2016-05-12

Medical Complete: 2016-05-17

Interview Passed: 2016-05-23

CEAC Status "Administrative Processing": 2016-05-23

CEAC Status "Issued": 2016-05-24

2GO in transit: 2016-05-26

Visa in hand: 2016-05-27 (Manila)

POE: 2016-05-29

Married: 2016-07-16

AOS Sent: 2016-08-24

NOA Email: 2016-08-31
Biometrics: 2016-09-29
EAD Status "New Card is being produced" : 2016-11-02
AP Status "Case was approved" : 2016-11-02
EAD Status "Card is has been delivered to me by USPS" : 2016-11-18 (Status never said "mailed")
I-485 Status "New Card is being produced":2016-11-22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, javadown2 said:

So now the CIA will be watching you right, since you will be married to someone who supports Duterte, haha.....

Funny.   I'm just very particular and like to dot the I's and cross the T's.  It's better to be safe than sorry and I got my answer.  

I think I may have struck a nerve with you given that you revisited this subject after a week to pile on another sassy comment.  My apologies if I offended you.  That was not my intention. Your asawa is lucky to have someone as vested as you, as I wish I could say I shared the level of passion that you do for this subject.

Me, eh, I don't really know what is going on.  I heard a few blips about marrying China then throwing a tirade when Aid gets rejected.  Something about being a Fentanyl addict too.  To be quite frank, if it weren't for silly leaders over there I wouldn't be in the position I am now finding the perfect match for me.  So in a way, thanks Duterte.  I doubt I'll wear the Duterte Shirt I bought, however.

I see you're from Spokane.  I have a ranch right off the Snake river outside of Kahlotus.  Maybe we could redo over a pint.  Let's wait for summer, though.  The winter months that side of the mountains aren't fun.  Make sure you buy a lot of jackets for your filipina.  God's country otherwise.

I do have to get in a few digs... hehe.  You mentioned the CIA.  How's the FBI in those parts?  They should have a regional headquarters with all the

serial killers

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Suspected-or-convicted-serial-killers-in-1107863.php

White Supremicists

Want to Meet America's Worst Racists? Come to the Northwest - Politico

Right-Wing Fanatics

http://www.adl.org/assets/pdf/combating-hate/Right-Wing-Plots-Acts-Conspiracies-1995-2015.pdf.

Hehe, she's in for a suprise ;)

Happy New year!!!  Peace be with you.

JDub

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry that I sounded so jaded on my part, I guess it just seemed a little over the top tying those things together....I guess I'm just naïve or not as observant. I'm not actually from Spokane and I work at a State Prison so I do know about the local ties to skinheads/white supremicists.  

I agree with you on waiting for summer, I'm not a big fan of this cold weather and my fiancée will definitely have an eye opener with the cold weather, hey, I've warned her and of course she is excited...but yeah she doesn't have to scrap off the ice on the car before leaving work! haha

Anyways, I do apologize for sounding rude, thanks for the good humor.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Let's be patient and polite toward each other, folks.  Thanks.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline
On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 11:23 AM, javadown2 said:

So now the CIA will be watching you right, since you will be married to someone who supports Duterte, haha.....

I have had Fed Ex opened and look at bye DHS when I got some paperwork from Davao many many years ago.  They left a note saying they inspected it, and that is the reason it wasn't in the original seal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.