3 posts in this topic

Hi! Quick question about the information provided for the DS 160 Application (K1 Visa):

I completed all of the information, but may not have provided everything I needed on the travel history section when they ask where you have traveled in the last 5 years. I work for a cruiseline, so I'm not even sure how which countries I've been to in the last 5 years. I listed as many as I could, but I'm sure I forgot some.

What do you think the best way to approach this is? Bring a letter to my interview with a full listing of countries or re-submit the information entirely?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had a similar situation when applying for my K-1 visa. The question asked for the dates of all the times I'd been to the US. I lived in Canada, less than an hour from the Canada/US border. I'd often gone on day trips or weekend trips in the US, or sometimes trips for just an hour or so. There was no way to remember all the trips. I explained this in my application and then listed the times and approximate dates that I'd been in the US for a week or longer. I was never questioned about it, so I guess they accepted it.

K-1, AOS, ROC
2007, 2009, 2011

Naturalization

2016-05-17 - N-400 package sent

2016-05-21 - NOA1 (IOE receipt number)

2016-06-15 - Biometrics

2016-11-08 - Citizenship interview in Detroit: approved
2016-12-16 - Oath ceremony

Yeah, the US question was tough, too! I'm in and out every few days depending on the cruise.

I'm going to bring a full list for sure, but am worried about needing to resend the entire the application.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.