1,236 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Again I want to reiterate, I HATE THOSE MF"N SPAM EMAILS WITH THE WORD APPROVAL IN THEM.

I have my yahoo messenger always on so when I get an email it pops up a little message tab on the lower right of my screen. Like 10 times now I have received an email that says APPROVAL in title and it always makes my heart skip.

Especially the ones that are from a credit card company, so they say "YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED" GAH

HAHAHA

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Wiombeen.

12/13/04 - Met online

04/02/05 - 1st of 5 trips to the Philippines. The last of which I spent 6 months.

04/02/07- 129-F sent to NSC

04/09/07- Receipt notice date for NOA1

04/13/07- Received NOA1

07/09/07- Touched - Due to phone call I am guessing

07/10/07- 2nd touch hmmmm should I be excited? HAHA

07/11/07- 3rd touch - may or may not be due to a phone call.

07/16/07- 4th touch

07/17/07- 5th touch

07/20/07- NOA2

07/26/07- Received NOA2 hard copy

07/26/07- Received by NVC

07/30/07- NVC Shipped petition to Manila Embassy

10/05/07- Interview date WOW/ Approved

My photos

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
Again I want to reiterate, I HATE THOSE MF"N SPAM EMAILS WITH THE WORD APPROVAL IN THEM.

I have my yahoo messenger always on so when I get an email it pops up a little message tab on the lower right of my screen. Like 10 times now I have received an email that says APPROVAL in title and it always makes my heart skip.

Especially the ones that are from a credit card company, so they say "YOUR VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED" GAH

HAHAHA

Wiombeen.

I would seriously not even open them. As soon as you see a title a mail from CRIS saying "Case status Information" thats what your looking out for.

Timeline

Chapter 37 - The case of the phantom touches.

Ok, so I Called CSC again today and spoke with a amazingly kind woman. I told her I have had two touches one Mon and another on Tuesday but had not heard anything since. She said "There has been no action taken on your case yet."

Refusing to let this all so familiar dissapointment slow me down I asked, "Hmmmm, these touches are kind screwy things, are they not?" She laughed.

I continued, "But regardless, my petition has been touched, so I am assuming it has been given to a case worker?"

she said "Let me check." I can hear a choir of keys clicking and clacking in my brain as my future happiness is accessed via her keyboard. Then she says these sweet sweet words "Yes, It was assigned yesterday."

I the calmly asked "So, what is it now 10 cases per bucket."

She laughs again and asks, "Have you worked here before? You seem to know an a lot about how things work around here." And followed that each officer receives about three buckets with about ten petitions to each bucket."

I said "Nope, I have not worked there, Just been waiting about 104 days now. Thats a lot of time to learn how things work. haha"

So, Rambaldi my friend, I have been assigned to a case worker. Perhaps you have been too. How long now until I can become approved? It all depends on what bucket I am in i guess. So we wait longer, but at least we know some of the grease from someones Kentucky Fried Chicken/Burger king has dripped onto the gears over there.

Join us next week for chapter 38 - Attack of the NOA2 announcements.

12/13/04 - Met online

04/02/05 - 1st of 5 trips to the Philippines. The last of which I spent 6 months.

04/13/07- Received NOA1

07/16/07- 4th touch

07/17/07- 5th touch

07/20/07- NOA2

My photos

Timeline

HAHAHA

Wiombeen.

I would seriously not even open them. As soon as you see a title a mail from CRIS saying "Case status Information" thats what your looking out for.

Yeha I know haha. I just saying i hate those other spams. Cause they make my heart flutter for a brief second no matter what haha. I am so jacked up to see that "CRIS" that anything saying approval on it makes me briefly explode hahah

wioombeen

12/13/04 - Met online

04/13/07- Received NOA1

07/16/07- 4th touch

07/17/07- 5th touch

07/20/07- NOA2

My photos

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ok, so I Called CSC again today and spoke with a amazingly kind woman. I told her I have had two touches one Mon and another on Tuesday but had not heard anything since. She said "There has been no action taken on your case yet."

Refusing to let this all so familiar dissapointment slow me down I asked, "Hmmmm, these touches are kind screwy things, are they not?" She laughed.

I continued, "But regardless, my petition has been touched, so I am assuming it has been given to a case worker?"

she said "Let me check." I can hear a choir of keys clicking and clacking in my brain as my future happiness is accessed via her keyboard. Then she says these sweet sweet words "Yes, It was assigned yesterday."

I the calmly asked "So, what is it now 10 cases per bucket."

She laughs again and asks, "Have you worked here before? You seem to know an a lot about how things work around here." And followed that each officer receives about three buckets with about ten petitions to each bucket."

I said "Nope, I have not worked there, Just been waiting about 104 days now. Thats a lot of time to learn how things work. haha"

So, Rambaldi my friend, I have been assigned to a case worker. Perhaps you have been too. How long now until I can become approved? It all depends on what bucket I am in i guess. So we wait longer, but at least we know some of the grease from someones Kentucky Fried Chicken/Burger king has dripped onto the gears over there.

congrats on being assigned!

now the anxiety of checking your email will be even more accute - but surely

good news in soooo close.

also - thanks for keeping this thread alive and kicking. i have gotten to the point where i

compulsively check this thread so frequently it's absurd, and it's nice to see your postings.

your sense of humor has calmed me down more than once!

4/17 NOA1 (VSC)

7/03 Touched (updated mailing address)

7/07 Touched (progress?)

7/31 NOA2

8/06 Left NVC for Prague (!!!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

HAHAHA

Wiombeen.

Yeha I know haha. I just saying i hate those other spams. Cause they make my heart flutter for a brief second no matter what haha. I am so jacked up to see that "CRIS" that anything saying approval on it makes me briefly explode hahah

wioombeen

Clever post, I like the SW titles. If it takes much longer I have a feeling that Chapter 39 will be Revenge of the Petitioners...

Congrats on getting assigned, you should be on your way to NVC soon!

K-1 Visa Timeline

4/9/07 - Mailed 129-f to CSC

4/10/07 - Received at CSC

4/11/07 - NOA1

8/3/07 - NOA2 116 days

8/6/07 - Touch (notice of approval)

8/21 - Sent to NVC (allegedly)

8/25 - 8/29 - Traveled to Ukraine to see my baby!

8/31 - Actually sent to NVC at 6:27pm (I knew that allegedly was appropriate)

9/7 - Received at NVC (finally), case number assigned!!!

9/11 - Sent by NVC to Kiev!

9/24 - Interview set via phonecall

9/25 - Medical Appt - passed!

11/2 - Interview - APPROVED

AOS/EAD/AP Timeline

12/13 - Civil Marriage Ceremony

1/29 - Mailed AOS, EAD, AP

2/4 - NOA1

3/20 - EAD and AP approved

5/10 - Wedding Ceremony

5/27 - AOS Interview - APPROVED

Timeline
i have gotten to the point where i compulsively check this thread so frequently it's absurd

your sense of humor has calmed me down more than once!

Thank you for the compliment. And OMG, I know the compulsion. If I could have a nickel for every time I hit refresh on this forum and my USCIS portfolio page....well lets just say I would have the worlds largest collection of nickels.

It is usually slow at my work in the morning so I am glued to my laptop all morning. SAAADDD I KNNOOOWWWW, But it's what we do. I wonder If I can sue USICS for giving me eye cancer or Carpal Tunnel syndrome. Any seedy lawyers in the house?

Wioomeen

Clever post, I like the SW titles. If it takes much longer I have a feeling that Chapter 39 will be Revenge of the Petitioners...

Congrats on getting assigned, you should be on your way to NVC soon!

Glad someone caught that haha

12/13/04 - Met online

04/13/07- Received NOA1

07/16/07- 4th touch

07/17/07- 5th touch

07/20/07- NOA2

My photos

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm glad to hear you are in a bucket. I hope I'm in a bucket too? Wonder if they put CSC/TSC/NSC together or if they are processed by different adjudicators in different parts of the CSC building?

This thread is my lifeline, now that I can't compulsively check my time line anymore since the "approval" date has already passed. =( Can't help but check in hopes that a familiar poster will receive an approval.

My fiance and I were discussing calling sometime next week if there is no news today. Not sure that I care to endure those false touches that would result though. For the record, searching "RFE trick" caused a whole lot of frustration for me last night and I can understand why the question is asked on a near daily basis on VJ. Not so easy to actually find a clear, step-by-step explanation of it, even though it is referred to often enough. If anyone has a link and can post it without a "read the guides" emoticon, I'd be a happy camper.

Also, this is a long shot, but what are the chances that petitions that weren't processed before some arbitrary cut off at CSC will be sent to VSC, if that is where they would be handled under the new rules? Anyone heard mention of that sort of thing? Keep on dreading that after the petition went from TSC to CSC that they will turn around and ship it to VSC, since petitioners from NC will now be processed there instead!

This long wait allows too much time to contemplate such things.

Really hoping to see a burst of approvals before they close up shop for the week. *sigh*

~ Eka

Our Adventure:

08/2006: Met in World of Warcraft (Horde ftw!)

10/2006: Began communicating outside the game with emails/instant msgs/skype.

01/05/2007: In game proposal.

03/2007: First visit! (Canada)

03/07/2007: In person proposal.

K-1 Progress:

03/30/2007: Filed I-129F

04/09/2007: NOA1

04/13/2007: Touch

07/27/2007: Touch! (legit - no phone calls)

07/28/2007: NOA2! (status updated/email received)

07/30/2007: NOA2 Hard Copy

08/16/2007: Arrived at NVC

08/20/2007: NVC Hard Copy (sent)

08/22/2007: NVC Hard Copy (received)

08/31/2007: Packet 3 (received)

08/31/2007: Packet 3 (sent)

09/05/2007: Email from Consulate with (bad) interview date (Sept 24)

09/05/2007: Email to Consulate requesting (better) interview date (Sept 27)

09/06/2007: Email from Consulate - interview changed to Sept 27!

Medical: September 26 - Passed!

Interview: September 27 - Approved!

POE: September 29

Wedding Date: October 12

Bride-to-be: 'Eka' (Canada) Groom-to-be: 'Pyrrhic' (USA)

Timeline
I'm glad to hear you are in a bucket. I hope I'm in a bucket too? Wonder if they put CSC/TSC/NSC together or if they are processed by different adjudicators in different parts of the CSC building?

This thread is my lifeline, now that I can't compulsively check my time line anymore since the "approval" date has already passed. =( Can't help but check in hopes that a familiar poster will receive an approval.

My fiance and I were discussing calling sometime next week if there is no news today. Not sure that I care to endure those false touches that would result though. For the record, searching "RFE trick" caused a whole lot of frustration for me last night and I can understand why the question is asked on a near daily basis on VJ. Not so easy to actually find a clear, step-by-step explanation of it, even though it is referred to often enough. If anyone has a link and can post it without a "read the guides" emoticon, I'd be a happy camper.

Also, this is a long shot, but what are the chances that petitions that weren't processed before some arbitrary cut off at CSC will be sent to VSC, if that is where they would be handled under the new rules? Anyone heard mention of that sort of thing? Keep on dreading that after the petition went from TSC to CSC that they will turn around and ship it to VSC, since petitioners from NC will now be processed there instead!

This long wait allows too much time to contemplate such things.

Really hoping to see a burst of approvals before they close up shop for the week. *sigh*

~ Eka

RFE TRICK

Call 1.800.375.5283

1,2,2,4,2,1 then enter your receipt number then press 1 to verify that is is correct,1.

This will transfer you to the Service Center your petition is at.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

Wioombeen

Edited by wioombeen

12/13/04 - Met online

04/13/07- Received NOA1

07/16/07- 4th touch

07/17/07- 5th touch

07/20/07- NOA2

My photos

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Woot! Thanks a bunch. (F)

I'll pass the info to my fiance should he decide to make the call.

~ Eka

Our Adventure:

08/2006: Met in World of Warcraft (Horde ftw!)

10/2006: Began communicating outside the game with emails/instant msgs/skype.

01/05/2007: In game proposal.

03/2007: First visit! (Canada)

03/07/2007: In person proposal.

K-1 Progress:

03/30/2007: Filed I-129F

04/09/2007: NOA1

04/13/2007: Touch

07/27/2007: Touch! (legit - no phone calls)

07/28/2007: NOA2! (status updated/email received)

07/30/2007: NOA2 Hard Copy

08/16/2007: Arrived at NVC

08/20/2007: NVC Hard Copy (sent)

08/22/2007: NVC Hard Copy (received)

08/31/2007: Packet 3 (received)

08/31/2007: Packet 3 (sent)

09/05/2007: Email from Consulate with (bad) interview date (Sept 24)

09/05/2007: Email to Consulate requesting (better) interview date (Sept 27)

09/06/2007: Email from Consulate - interview changed to Sept 27!

Medical: September 26 - Passed!

Interview: September 27 - Approved!

POE: September 29

Wedding Date: October 12

Bride-to-be: 'Eka' (Canada) Groom-to-be: 'Pyrrhic' (USA)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

:lol: :lol: Though wioombeen, any particular reason as to why it's Chapter 37?? Shouldn't it be47? :P:innocent: *coughaliascough*

Anyhoooooooo, glad to hear that your case has been assigned!! :dance: Finally man!! I'm hoping that ours get assigned too....guessing we'll know next week huh? Thanks for typing out that long post for the rest of us, you're amazing...hehehe :thumbs:

*AOS Timeline*

01-03-08 - Arrived in the States on K1

01-28-08 - Got married! :) And applied for SSN in married name

02-04-08 - Received SSN

02-08-08 - Sent AOS package off

02-20-08 - Received at the Chicago Lockbox after 12 days!! :( stupid USPS

02-26-08 - NOAs for I-485 and I-765

02-27-08 - Check cashed

03-14-08 - AOS Transfer notice to CSC

03-21-08 - Sent AP (I-131) package off

03-26-08 - Biometrics complete! AOS and AP show up online

04-04-08 - AOS last touched

04-11-08 - NOA for I-131

04-23-08 - EAD card production ordered!

04-24-08 - AP approved!

05-02-08 - AP recieved

07-03-08 - AOS APPROVED!! Card production ordered! Yay!!

07-11-08 - Greencard received!! :D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Eka, I know how you feel, I hope you get assigned already too. Well, in my opinion, I think they just put all the CSC/TSC/NSC petitions together, since once they arrive at the CSC, they become part of the big CSC family....

Oh well, CSC is now done working for this week now, so let's all hope that they approve all of us next week. It really has been a long wait for April filers.... :angry:<_<:(

*AOS Timeline*

01-03-08 - Arrived in the States on K1

01-28-08 - Got married! :) And applied for SSN in married name

02-04-08 - Received SSN

02-08-08 - Sent AOS package off

02-20-08 - Received at the Chicago Lockbox after 12 days!! :( stupid USPS

02-26-08 - NOAs for I-485 and I-765

02-27-08 - Check cashed

03-14-08 - AOS Transfer notice to CSC

03-21-08 - Sent AP (I-131) package off

03-26-08 - Biometrics complete! AOS and AP show up online

04-04-08 - AOS last touched

04-11-08 - NOA for I-131

04-23-08 - EAD card production ordered!

04-24-08 - AP approved!

05-02-08 - AP recieved

07-03-08 - AOS APPROVED!! Card production ordered! Yay!!

07-11-08 - Greencard received!! :D

Timeline

7/20/07

WE GOT OUR NOA2 today everyone. Well it was actually approved yesterday while I was talking to that nice woman haha. Just wasn't updated until sometime last night. weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

So chalk one more up for last week. Which makes 4 approvals. :):):):):)

Wioombeen

12/13/04 - Met online

04/13/07- Received NOA1

07/16/07- 4th touch

07/17/07- 5th touch

07/20/07- NOA2

My photos

Timeline

Next week really will be Attack of the NOA2 announcements I think.

12/13/04 - Met online

04/13/07- Received NOA1

07/16/07- 4th touch

07/17/07- 5th touch

07/20/07- NOA2

My photos

Timeline
Next week really will be Attack of the NOA2 announcements I think.

awwww....congrats! hopefully we can have ours soon...come on CSC....give us our NOA2!!! :crying:

Our Photo Site

OuR k1 jOUrNeY

August 13 2006 - "SAbre" meet romanza_25 on IRC(internet relay chat)

November 24 - visit in the Philippines

November 25 - our Trip to Boracay Island

November 26 - (he asked and i said"YES")Engaged!jumpsmiley.gif

April 6 2007 - Sent I-129F

April 13 - Received NOA1

Aug 3 - Approved NOA2

Aug 09 -Receive NOA2 hardcopy

Aug 23 - NVC received our case / assigned case number

Aug 31 - Receive Hard copy from NVC

Sept 5 - Recieved by the Embassy

Sept 21 - Recieved my Packet 4

Oct 30 - Medical Appointment

Nov 06 - Interview date

IOS_012.jpgththinkingofyou.pngthz4576808.gifthz5358196.jpgmissinghim.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.