karice

The consulate in Montreal got my address wrong

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If anyone has any idea of what is going on, or what to do, I would so appreciate advice!

My fiance (American) and I (Canadian) have been extremely meticulous when doing anything regarding our K1 process. Everything has been checked numerous times by numerous people to make sure everything is correct. And until this point, everything has gone incredibly quickly and smoothly. However, I just got the email with my packet 4 from Montreal and I found out that somewhere along the line, my mailing address got absolutely brutalised. The formatting is positively awful, almost to the point of being unreadable, as well as the street number being incorrect. As well, I just received some post from the consulate that had to be redirected because it had this incorrect address on it.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this going to hurt us at this stage, as we only have the interview left?

For reference, my address has always been submitted as follows:

(apt #), (house #) - (street #)

Calgary, AB

(post code)

The address and formatting that the consulate has been using is as follows:

(house #), (INCORRECT street #)

(apt #) Calgary (last part post code)

Calgary, AB (last part post code) (first part post code)

CANADA

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Canada Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is consulate-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

The same thing happened to me at the USCIS stage. It caused a huge delay. You need to call the consulate ASAP and ask them what to do!

US Citizen Filing for Spouse - Married since January 2009, 2 Children

IR1 Visa - US Citizen living abroad, not DCF, Re-establishing Domicile, Joint Sponsor

12.April.2016 Filed I-130

22.June.2016 NOA1 (they entered my address incorrectly, therefore was not delivered until JULY)

07.Sept.2016 I-130 approved

07.Oct.2017 NVC welcome letter received

10.Nov.2016 Complete DS-261

10.Nov.2016 Payed AOS/IV Bill

19.Nov.2016 Complete DS-260

26.Nov.2016 Mailed AOS/IV Packet to NVC

29.Nov.2016 AOS/IV Packet Delivered to NVC

01. Dec.2016 Scan Date
13.Jan.2017 Checklist for  I-864 pages 10-12 BLANK FORM PAGES
02.Feb.2017 2nd Scan Date

14.April.2017 Case Complete (CC at exactly 10 weeks)

04.May.2017 Interview date scheduled/received email from NVC

10.May.2017 Medical
01.June.2017 Interview - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.