Kosi Wahala

I-130 December 2016 Filers

1,031 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, August97 said:

My PD is December 12. I am waiting too. I am hoping they finish up November soon and start on December. 

Seems like a lot of people in the same boat.. at least we can get updated info on this forum. I hope we are next.

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, Leah09 said:

Seems like a lot of people in the same boat.. at least we can get updated info on this forum. I hope we are next.

Yes there is. This forum is very helpful. There was more November approvals today. I hope they can clear them out soon. I never imagined the wait would be this long. I wish I had applied sooner. 

1 hour ago, August97 said:

Yes there is. This forum is very helpful. There was more November approvals today. I hope they can clear them out soon. I never imagined the wait would be this long. I wish I had applied sooner. 

Yeah it feels insane. Makes me wonder how long the NVC process is going to take.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Leah09 said:

Yeah it feels insane. Makes me wonder how long the NVC process is going to take.

insane indeed... i am hoping that this is the long haul waiting on the NO2 ...and then everything else should be a breeze.  at least That's what i am saying in my mind and that is what it shall be ...there!! lol

4 minutes ago, Leah09 said:

I was browsing different timelines and it looks like anywhere from 3-4 months from the NOA2. But then it depends on how soon you pay the fees, send in the requested info, and that you don't get a checklist etc. I am hoping everything will be done by the end of the year. Some others are saying by the way things look now we might not get interviews until early next year :mellow::(...I hope that's not the case 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mrs. Feurtado said:

insane indeed... i am hoping that this is the long haul waiting on the NO2 ...and then everything else should be a breeze.  at least That's what i am saying in my mind and that is what it shall be ...there!! lol

So, does anyone have an idea on how long the NVC process takes once its approve of nov/dec 130 filers untill the date of interview? 

5 minutes ago, johhnie said:

So, does anyone have an idea on how long the NVC process takes once its approve of nov/dec 130 filers untill the date of interview? 

The current time on their website once you pay all the fees and for them to process your paperwork is up to 11 weeks. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

Edited by August97

17 minutes ago, August97 said:

I was browsing different timelines and it looks like anywhere from 3-4 months from the NOA2. But then it depends on how soon you pay the fees, send in the requested info, and that you don't get a checklist etc. I am hoping everything will be done by the end of the year. Some others are saying by the way things look now we might not get interviews until early next year :mellow::(...I hope that's not the case 

I am hoping it depends on how long *we* take to send the papers and not how long *they* take to process. But I think the interview has to do mostly with how busy the embassy is?

12 minutes ago, August97 said:

The current time on their website once you pay all the fees and for them to process your paperwork is up to 11 weeks. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

That would be awesome. As long as it doesn't go beyond December I would be happy.

22 minutes ago, Mrs. Feurtado said:

Haha me too. Can you imagine 9 more months for NVC

20 minutes ago, Leah09 said:

I am hoping it depends on how long *we* take to send the papers and not how long *they* take to process. But I think the interview has to do mostly with how busy the embassy is?

That would be awesome. As long as it doesn't go beyond December I would be happy.

For Dominican Republic the current wait time for an appointment is 2 business days. Per the travel state site:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/wait-times.html/

However, that can change of course. Let's hope not. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, August97 said:

For Dominican Republic the current wait time for an appointment is 2 business days. Per the travel state site:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/wait-times.html/

However, that can change of course. Let's hope not. 

Those time are for certain nonimmigrant visas.

CR-1 Visa

Married in Akure, Ondo State, Nigeria on 29 September 2016 - Civil Marriage
** USCIS **

Service Center: Potomac

Consulate : Lagos, Nigeria 

I-130 Sent: 2016-12-03

I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox: 2016-12-05

I-130 NOA1: 2016-12-08

Oko mi was baptized, confirmed, and received into the Catholic Church in Akure, Nigeria: 2017-04-15 at the Easter Vigil Mass!

Marriage Convalidated in the Catholic Church, Akure, Nigeria: 2017-04-16 Easter Morning! 

I-130 Approved : 2017-05-19

** NVC **

NVC Received : 2017-06-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2017-06-15
Received DS-261/AOS Bill: 2017-06-21

Pay AOS Bill: 2017-06-21
Receive IV Bill : 2017-06-23
Pay IV Bill : 2017-06-23

Receive I-864 Package : 2017-06-28

Send AOS Package : 2017-07-01

Submit DS-261 :  2017-06-21

Send IV Package : 2017-07-01
Scan Date: 2017-07-07

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter : 2017-09-30

Case Completed at NVC : 2017-09-01

----------------------------

Interview Date : 2017-11-22

Interview Result : Approved! Thanks be to God!

Visa Received : 2017-11-27
US Entry : 2017-12-08 Atlanta

35 minutes ago, Kosi Wahala said:

Those time are for certain nonimmigrant visas.

Ah ok I read it incorrectly. Thank you for pointing that out. 

I know a couple of people who recently went through it and it didn't take very long after their cases were completed. However, this is for the Dominican Republic I am speaking of. I hear their embassy moves pretty quickly. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Leah09 said:

How much are AOS fees now? and what other fees should I know that are coming if anyone knows from the top of your head..    I'm so glad I got my paperwork in before it went to $525.00.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mrs. Feurtado said:

How much are AOS fees now? and what other fees should I know that are coming if anyone knows from the top of your head..    I'm so glad I got my paperwork in before it went to $525.00.

Also does anyone know if Joint Sponsors that receive federal benefits are eligible to apply as a sponsors?

7 hours ago, Mrs. Feurtado said:

I wouldn't know.. I'm doing consular processing. I'm sure you can find it on USCIS website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.