Rob&Ouy

K1 Interview denied

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They are not required to consider anything additional and they made their decision based on their guidelines. If the petitioner was tight financially then they should have taken care of it at the front end of the petition,

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

there are financial issues but they were not given opportunity to present other stuff that might help to see the situation in different light

i134 alone does not determine everything, otherwise all those students and overseas travellers would never get K1 their visa

if the USC sponsor started to make decent money recently, they shall consider that and not how much he made in the past, and look at totality of circumstances and evaluate them, including wifes education and skills and ability to work in US, not just look at i134 alone. they must give a chanse at least discuss all other stuff

i know one couple who's application was put on hold, because sponsor started to make money past 6 months, they told them to wait another 6 months and submit updated i134 to show 125%+

You have only had a job for 2 months, doesn't prove anything. They do not take the immigrants ability to work in the US into consideration as when she comes here on a K1 she won't be able to work for at least 90 days when she gets her work permit. And even though she might have a good education and skills doesn't mean she will have a great chance of getting a job here. A lot of places wants to see work experience from the US. I've seen so many highly educated, highly skilled immigrants on here who find that the only job they can get is a low paying job in retail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

We have same situation, my interview is approaching, my fiancé returned to US from Thailand and only 6 months ago he started to make some money as independent contractor (seasonal: min 2.5K and max 5.5K per month)

This is what US embassy Bangkok replied when I described situation. I can't understand what it says, can you use co sponsor or not? But I understood that to determine they must evaluate financial situation at interview and not just i134 alone:

"The Affidavit of Support is not legally binding for K1 visas. The Immigrant Visa Unit will make determination about this during the visa interview. However, if you plan to use a co-sponsor, please take time to note that:

p EVIDENCE OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT: The petitioner must present evidence that neither the applicant nor any dependent children (if applicable) will become a public charge in the United States. A Form I-134, Affidavit of Support signed by the petitioner must be submitted with a copy of the petitioners most recent year tax return (Form 1040). An IRS tax transcript may be submitted in lieu of the tax return and is available online at http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript. The petitioners income must meet the Poverty Guidelines. More instructions on how to file the form I-134 can be found here.

· If your petitioning fiancé(e) submitted a Form I-134 with your petition over one year before your interview date, it must be updated and include a copy of the most recent year income tax return.

· Note for Petitioners Residing Abroad: For petitioners who have been residing outside of the United States, you must meet the domicile requirement. To do so, you must demonstrate that you have maintained continuing ties to the United States and/or taken steps to reestablish your residence in the United States. Information about your planned return to the United States, including a six-month timeline and evidence of your efforts to reestablish your residence, should be provided. More details on domicile can be found here.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Bangkok"

Edited by ninz

03/18/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

03/30/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

04/04/16....$340 check cashed

04/06/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

04/08/16....NOA1 hardcopy received by post

04/11/16....called to USCIS inform about Name typo

04/27/16....Name typo updated

06/29/16....Got RFE

07/15/16....RFE was received by USCIS

08/01/16....NOA2 approved

WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS..CONTACTING USCIS SUPERVISER..CONTACTING SENATOR..

10/03/16....Case sent to NVC (THEY LOST OUR CASE AND STOLE 2.5 MONTHS OF OUR HAPPINESS. Only senator's involvement helped to sort it out.)

10/13/16....NVC assigned case number (after waiting more than average)

WAIT/CALLING TO NVC.. WAIT/CALLING TO NVC...WAIT/CALLING TO NVC...LOSING MY MIND AGAIN..

11/16/16....NVC status changed to IN TRANSIT. Yay!

11/20/16....US Embassy received file but never contacted me

11/26/16....packet 3 received by consulate (packet 3 instructions was never sent by embassy, I sent packet 3 regardless)

11/28/16....interview scheduled on 12/22/2016

12/22/16....CO refused to consider self-earned income and refused co-sponsor. Refused to take in consideration my own assets and property income and well established freelance business. Asked to show $100K++ on bank account while he knew that we have maybe only $70K cash. 

03/22/17....After several fights was interviewed in Paris. They kept my passport. Was told Administrative Processing won't take more than 2-3 weeks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I don't know. They just seem to go out of their way to make things difficult. I hope your interview go better then ours did. I've contacted my senitor, and he has put me in the hands of his immigration liaison. She is trying to help me get it all squared away.

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.