Chardon Ne'

Im confused about the VJ experience

41 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think people need to learn that people can only upset you if you let them in.

If forums upset you use the guides and search tools.

I dont think anyone sets out to be mean to anyone. But sometimes telling someone what they thought was right is wromg can upset people....

Also take into account alot of people here are from other countries and take things personal othera wouldnt and vise versa

Just as some of the senior members on this thread are taking things personally. Im old school. If it doesnt apply let it fly. I know if someone was accusing some members of a group of something for something which I do not engage in, I would ignore it. I can almost guarantee that the individuals who are responding are or have probably been guilty of what I am stating occurs. Some of you have given great advice my question then becomes why dont you use it?

Pkg Sent:9/13/16

Received at Chicago Lock box: 9/16/16

Received Texts: 9/30/16

NOA1 Received: 10/4/16 : Receipt Date of 9/19/16

Bio Appt letter Received: 10/12/16

Bio Appt completed: 10/24/16

Card in production: 11/17/16

Combo Card received 11/25/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

What you never see is a senior VJ member suspending another VJ member for being rude...hmmmm.

that's because only moderators can do that........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I personally dislike people that come one here ask for advice and then get mad when the advice is not what they want to hear... <_<

Then there are the folks that follow certain members just because they dislike them and always poo poo all they say...

There are issues...

BUT for the most part thanks to VJ my husbands here :dancing: ....All My info and guidance I get from here :secret: ...I have made valuable friends and we call each other and or communicate through FB or Whatsapp.... :luv:(L)

I like this site and when I get reprimanded I just analyze and see what I did wrong. And I ignore the people that bait me to argue just because its more important for me to be on here to help my spouse than to go into it with people that don't have anything to offer me.

I agree I find this to be a very helpful tool. I just wonder how many people get discouraged and dont return due to their experience. I read a thread earlier about a long serving member practically considered an expert who quit the site because of the bullying. Im just wishing that newer members could report those senior members. Being as though you are aware of the way a member gets their status "newbie" just pertains to their posts. Not their level of knowledge. Some people may have been following this site for years before they even filed or posted anything. Truthfully any question asked can be googled.

that's because only moderators can do that........

Right you never see another moderator suspend another moderator. PPl get so caught up in titles. Is a moderator not also a VJ member? shrugs...

oh for Pete's sake....a lot of us have been at this for a long time . it is what it is take it or leave it. many of us have a strong backbone from the process and adopt a no nonsense attitude with advice.

So by you responding to this, is that an indication of a weak backbone?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree I find this to be a very helpful tool. I just wonder how many people get discouraged and dont return due to their experience. I read a thread earlier about a long serving member practically considered an expert who quit the site because of the bullying. Im just wishing that newer members could report those senior members. Being as though you are aware of the way a member gets their status "newbie" just pertains to their posts. Not their level of knowledge. Some people may have been following this site for years before they even filed or posted anything. Truthfully any question asked can be googled.

Right you never see another moderator suspend another moderator. PPl get so caught up in titles. Is a moderator not also a VJ member? shrugs...

So by you responding to this, is that an indication of a weak backbone?

nope, it's an indication of one coming in and stirring things up when it wasn't needed because they didn't like whatthey heard or read.

Timeline

But this thread was moved to keep each sub-forum for its intended purpose. That's to help people find what they want in the right place, just as the grocery stores keep things together and label the aisles to help you find things. Moving a thread is not seen as an attack against that individual or chastising them, it's just housekeeping.

Nobody is paid to help others on this site. I totally get your point that some people can come across as a bit rude or abrupt but by the same token I have seen many a question from someone who simply cannot be bothered to read the guides and wants someone to take the time to list out in detail every form they need, every piece of evidence they should include, every fee they should pay, the address where to send it, and so on and then doesn't even say 'please' or 'thank you'. That can be very annoying. People have put a lot of time and effort - unpaid - into making the guides and wikis and running the forum and whilst most people are very courteous and appreciative, sadly there are some bad eggs in the mix.

So you are saying that my topic doesnt belong in off topic? Who decides that? Oh yeah the bulli... I mean the moderators... lol

Timeline

nope, it's an indication of one coming in and stirring things up when it wasn't needed because they didn't like whatthey heard or read.

Are you referring to me or you hmmm? Im an anti-bully advocate in a public school. This is what I do for a living. I find these moderators to be smart enough to straddle the line of indecency without violating TOS. Im just trying to hip newer member on how to do the same. Like with this thread...This is how you fight them back. With their own game...

So you are saying that my topic doesnt belong in off topic? Who decides that? Oh yeah the bulli... I mean the moderators... lol

:o SEE....this is a bad attitude you come say this then get people riled up and the thread becomes (THE REASON YOU BEGAN THIS THREAD)

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

This is how you fight them back. With their own game...

This forum is more then a game to some folks. these are the little submittals that get the thread lit :diablo:

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Are you referring to me or you hmmm? Im an anti-bully advocate in a public school. This is what I do for a living. :bonk:

:no:

Edited by Anitafeliz

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you referring to me or you hmmm? Im an anti-bully advocate in a public school. This is what I do for a living. I find these moderators to be smart enough to straddle the line of indecency without violating TOS. Im just trying to hip newer member on how to do the same. Like with this thread...This is how you fight them back. With their own game...

post-195756-0-80688000-1479930305_thumb.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

correct, because moderators can't be suspended due to the settings of the board.

however, if you have an issue with moderation on this site, you may take it up with the admin

if a member disagrees with a Moderators use of these "moderation" abilities they may contact VisaJourney and request that the Moderators actions be reviewed.

reference: http://www.visajourney.com/content/terms

as this thread continues to have back and forth bickering between members, it is now closed.

do not restart this thread.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!