karan1981

Regarding Police Clearance Certificate

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I have question regarding PCC. I had lived in USA for few years on employment visa. Now since past 4 years I am living in India from where I have filled my GC. Do I need PCC from USA as well?

As on the website of www.ustraveldocs.com it says

" Also note that if you have lived in any foreign country for more than a year after reaching the age of 16 years, you are also required to submit the PCC from that country. xxx"

How can you get PCC from the country where you are not living anymore, this seems pretty confusing to me.

Could anyone please clarify?

Regards.

Hi,

I have question regarding PCC. I had lived in USA for few years on employment visa. Now since past 4 years I am living in India from where I have filled my GC. Do I need PCC from USA as well?

" Also note that if you have lived in any foreign country for more than a year after reaching the age of 16 years, you are also required to submit the PCC from that country. xxx"

How can you get PCC from the country where you are not living anymore, this seems pretty confusing to me.

Regards.

Hi,

it is here

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

Timeline

Thats doesnt seems to be an easy process and it does mentions current processing time as 12 weeks which wont work for us as our interview date might be coming up soon.

I am still not sure if we require this PCC from country where we are not staying anymore.
Are you sure we still need it?

Hi,

Regards.

Hello,

I am in your situation, NVC did not ask me to provide them the FBI criminal record, but my lawyer told me that the consule at the interview could tell me to bring. I got PCC, maybe is useful.

Timeline

Hello,

I am in your situation, NVC did not ask me to provide them the FBI criminal record, but my lawyer told me that the consule at the interview could tell me to bring. I got PCC, maybe is useful.

Were you also living in US and now in india? Whens you interview.

I am getting PCC from my passport office here but was not sure if it is needed from USA also as I had lived there earlier.

Were you also living in US and now in india? Whens you interview.

I am getting PCC from my passport office here but was not sure if it is needed from USA also as I had lived there earlier.

I have lived in us for 2 years , I am from Europe.

Note: Present and former residents of the United States do NOT need to submit any U.S. police certificates.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Supporting_documents.html

post-248082-0-60259700-1478715628_thumb.jpg

My wife and I Naturalized in 2022

Processing an I-130 for my Korean Stepson who is older than 21 and not married

Received Date 01/26/2023
Priority Date 01/26/2023

California Service Center

Current status: Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You will be notified if you need to take any action.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You don't need police report from the US, cus they can verify your criminal record with your social. You need report from other foreign countries you lived after you turned 16. When in doubt, call NVC and ask.

• 7 months later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hello, guys. I'm a new member here.

My third scan date is 14th April. Just called today. They probably still cannot accept my husband's PCC from Indian. Because he is an Indian passport holder and we live in Taiwan. There is no embassy , high commission or consulor here. We only have Indian association here and they have the function as an embassy. But NVC doesn't take it. Does anyone have the similar situation and could you guys give us some suggestions.

Many thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.