19 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

First let me say that I have been reading here on and off now for two days and totally am majorly impressed with the

communal spirit and the clarity of answers! I am already feeling less stress as I begin the process of obtaining a CR-1 spousal visa for my Filipina wife to come to America. If any of the following concerns are already addressed in

this discussion I apologize for missing them.

Concern 1.

Does the six month requirement mean consecutive months? I have been living in the Philippines for three years however I have taken numerous trips, thus never attaining a full six months consecutively. I do have tourist ACR card and

have three years of notarized year-long leases.

Concern 2.

I noticed a number of people mentioning an "INFORPASS" when entering at the Manila US Embassy. What is

that? Where do you get it or how do you get? Do I need an appointment to show up with my docs and I-30?

Concern 3.

A. Can I also submit the I-864 and all supporting docs at my first meeting? B. What other completed forms should I

submit at this time?

Concern 4. What method of payment is accepted for filing?

thank you one and all, JanWillem

If I'm not mistaken I believe you need to have residency to apply for dcf in Manila. I remember a guy asking about dcf in manila not to long his post should be in the dcf forum I'm going to see if I can find it for you

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/613273-address-in-philippines-or-us/

There are many more post for dcf in Manila

Sorry I can't help you more

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Hello everyone,

First let me say that I have been reading here on and off now for two days and totally am majorly impressed with the

communal spirit and the clarity of answers! I am already feeling less stress as I begin the process of obtaining a CR-1 spousal visa for my Filipina wife to come to America. If any of the following concerns are already addressed in

this discussion I apologize for missing them.

Concern 1.

Does the six month requirement mean consecutive months? I have been living in the Philippines for three years however I have taken numerous trips, thus never attaining a full six months consecutively. I do have tourist ACR card and

have three years of notarized year-long leases.

Concern 2.

I noticed a number of people mentioning an "INFORPASS" when entering at the Manila US Embassy. What is

that? Where do you get it or how do you get? Do I need an appointment to show up with my docs and I-30?

Concern 3.

A. Can I also submit the I-864 and all supporting docs at my first meeting? B. What other completed forms should I

submit at this time?

thank you one and all, JanWillem

Concern 1:

I think that you, as the US Citizen, might need to have proof that you still have claims to being a US citizen. I am not sure how to do that, because my husband (the US citizen) has moved back to the states before applying for me. My best guess is to make a photocopy of your passport.

Concern 2:

I have no idea about Manila US embassy at all, but for the last question in regards to appointment for I-130, you don't need to show up. My best bet would to google the Manila US Embassy.

Concern 3:

I am guessing that you are just starting to file I-130, so there's no need to file the I-864 yet. All you need is to fill out the I-130, a G-325A from you and a G-325A from your spouse, and also 2 passport pictures from your spouse. Passport picture size should be 2 inches by 2 inches. Also include a copy of the marriage certificate.

After the I-130 has been approved, the USCIS will forward the approved petition to NVC, then at that stage, the NVC will give you a checklist of what documents you need.

Concern 4:

Money order in USD. the I-130 costs USD420.

Edited by evalili

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-12-08

USCIS

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-11

Approved : 2016-08-24

NVC

NVC Received : 2016-10-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-10-15

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-10-15

Send AOS Package : 2016-11-01

Submit DS-261 : 2016-10-15

Receive IV Bill : 2016-10-18

Pay IV Bill : 2016-10-18

Send IV Package : 2016-11-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2016-11-04

NVC Left : 2016-11-11

US Embassy

Consulate Received : 2016-11-11

Interview Date : 2017-01-10

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

I'm sorry, better answer for the 2nd Concern:

you don't need to get an appointment while filing I-130.

Here's the website for USCIS

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

It will give you an instruction on how to fill out the form and where to send the form. The location of where you send out the form depends on which states you are living in, and also depends on if you're living outside the states too.

USCIS

NVC

US Embassy

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

I'm sorry, better answer for the 2nd Concern:

you don't need to get an appointment while filing I-130.

Here's the website for USCIS

https://www.uscis.gov/i-130

It will give you an instruction on how to fill out the form and where to send the form. The location of where you send out the form depends on which states you are living in, and also depends on if you're living outside the states too.

They're looking into DCF, that is filing their i130 directly at the embassy.

They're looking into DCF, that is filing their i130 directly at the embassy.

lol, ok, then he can ignore the second comment on the I-130.

You can do it in person or by mail. If the Manila US Embassy permits DCF, then you can show up at the Embassy without appointment, or you can do courier mail to the Embassy.

Edited by evalili

USCIS

NVC

US Embassy

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

Hi JanWillem,

I successfully filed DCF at the Manila Embassy three weeks ago. Petition approved in six days.

Concern 1.
Does the six month requirement mean consecutive months? I have been living in the Philippines for three years however I have taken numerous trips, thus never attaining a full six months consecutively. I do have tourist ACR card and have three years of notarized year-long leases.

Not necessarily. Here must be a residence for you, and you have to be here a lot. If you travel for business or other reasons, they get that.

Be prepared to explain that this is your base, and why you made the trips, if asked.

The Tourist ACR-I card is just fine. If you have multiple ACR-I cards, provide copies of them.

Provide copies of the leases, utility bills in particular, bank statements, etc.

Provide copies of your passport, showing all entry and exit stamps.

Concern 2.

No need for an appointment. Just show your US passport and proceed to Window 25. (You can check your electronics, e.g. phone, etc., at the security desk...a convenience not offered to non-US citizens).

Concern 3.
A. Can I also submit the I-864 and all supporting docs at my first meeting?

They will not ask for them when you file the petition. Not sure why you would do so. You think it might shorten the processing time?

You can call them and ask that question, but you might just get boilerplate regurgitated to you.

B. What other completed forms should I submit at this time?

Biographical Form 325A for each of you, birth certificates, marriage certificate, passport copies for each of you, 2x2 photos for each, ACR-I cards for you, leases, bank statements, utility bills, driver's license (for you, if available), wedding photos and other photos evidencing the relationship, CENOMARs for each of you (are nice to show), NBI Clearance WILL be needed at interview - have it at filing just in case.

Cash. Their credit card machine is often out-of-order, as it was the day we went, so bring cash, either USD or PHP.

Edited by DaveSana

Yes................What DaveSana said.............it is what I did for concern #2 and #3 to start the process.

Visa has been approved and we are leaving for the USA in a couple of weeks.

JM101

Hello everyone, Once again I was not disappointed with the wealth of clear information on this site especially for my

specific beginner concerns!!! I am very grateful to all who took the time and energy to provide me with the

information I definitely needed1 A special shut out to DaveSana for his spot-on details which were of huge help to

me today, just when it mattered the most!!! And of course congratulations to everyone that is on their way with clear sails! A feeling I am looking forward to....

I would just like to follow up with concerns related to DavaSana's response.

Concern 1.

DavaSana if you just completed step one and are now planning on moving at the end of the month when will you be

completing step two, three and what are they?

Concern 2. As per my earlier concern regarding filing Affidavit of support (I-864); it is not so much about

expediting, more about that I have it (as well as docs) and am curious (anxious) for their approval!! :)

Concern 3. DaveSana you mentioned NBI clearance; for me or my wife??

thanks again one and all.....

Hi JanWillem,

Thanks for the shout-out.

Concern 1:

The major steps are:
1) File the petition. Upon approval, the USCIS part of the Embassy sends your petition to the State Dept part of the Embassy.

2) The State Dept part of the Embassy will review it, and upon satisfactory review, you will get a MNL case number.

3) Using the MNL case number you then actually APPLY FOR THE VISA, by completing DS-260 online. (The above is just the PETITION phase.)

4) During the DS-260 phase, schedule your interview appointment. Also be sure to print out the confirmation page at the end.

5) Then the beneficiary does the Medical Exam. No appointment, just go to St. Lukes Medical Extension Center, with the required docs and cash.

6) Once the medical is done, take your docs and medical results package to the interview.

We plan to do the medical and interview next week.

Concern 2:

hee hee....yes, would be nice to know that you are covered.

Are you going to qualify using income or assets, yourself, or a joint sponsor?

Concern 3:
NBI clearance for the beneficiary. To show that there are no warrants, pending cases, etc. against her.
And get CENOMAR's for each of you, to be covered.

Hope that is helpful.

Dave

Edited by DaveSana

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.