mocha.g

K1, waiting 10 months for security checks? (split and merge)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello there,

got the same case here. for pur case the petition was received by USCIS California on Feb 1, 2016. We made a follow up on august 26, 2016 citing that its beyond normal processing times. we got the reply that its on processing hild because security checks remain pending. we have just completed 9 months of waiting and still no progress. Its frustrating already as I have not signed for a new contract for work because it can get in the way when i have to attend the interview. I have wasted opportunities (and lost money because I am not working) because of the process. sometimes I just want to do away with it. If only I can convince my fiancee to stay here in the Philippines I dont have to go through all this waiting game.

Has anyone found a solution about this situation involving security checks? I obtained police clearance in the country I have lived in before returning to the Philippines. My biggest regret is giving up my job for this aimless waiting.

Sorry if I let my frustrations out. I hope to hear something good. If they wanna deny the petition they can do it, and they should do it fast so we can move on to the next step.

Thanks for whatever reply you gonna send my way.

Mocha G.

Timeline

Hi thank you for having a time and replying. If I may ask does your fiance have a conviction? Did you guys got transferred to Vermont? Did you try to contact USCIS after letting you guys know that's its on hold? I understand the frustration. I had the same feeling. Its feeling frustrated and hopeless. I also know the feeling of not being able to make plans. Everything is on hold because we are waiting for uncertainty. But right now this is the path that we have. We just have to trust God that He will let those adjudicators to give us their decisions soon. I know that God will help us in our ordeal right now. We just have to keep trusting Him. Thank you and God Bless.

Hello there,

got the same case here. for pur case the petition was received by USCIS California on Feb 1, 2016. We made a follow up on august 26, 2016 citing that its beyond normal processing times. we got the reply that its on processing hild because security checks remain pending. we have just completed 9 months of waiting and still no progress. Its frustrating already as I have not signed for a new contract for work because it can get in the way when i have to attend the interview. I have wasted opportunities (and lost money because I am not working) because of the process. sometimes I just want to do away with it. If only I can convince my fiancee to stay here in the Philippines I dont have to go through all this waiting game.

Has anyone found a solution about this situation involving security checks? I obtained police clearance in the country I have lived in before returning to the Philippines. My biggest regret is giving up my job for this aimless waiting.

Sorry if I let my frustrations out. I hope to hear something good. If they wanna deny the petition they can do it, and they should do it fast so we can move on to the next step.

Thanks for whatever reply you gonna send my way.

Mocha G.

Timeline

Dear Randy and Marie,

No, our case was not transferred, its with California Service Center from the beginning till now. My petitioner (USC) has no record on file except for one speeding ticket, where he is driving 5MPH over the speed limit. other than that, he had no brush ups with the law. I have worked outside the Philippines for 11 years (in saudi arabia), but I secured a police clearance before i left saudi arabia. And their system is wired. Just enter the passport number and everything about you to the bones will appear in the system so I dont think the delay is coming from security checks in saudi arabia. Likewise, I am also clear here in the Philippines. I am trying to convince him to if we can just get married here in the Philippines and do the spouse petition, to hell with the K-1 but he prefers that we get married in the US. Though He is planning to call the congressman for his district, he is just waiting for the election to be over. Thanks for your reply and I admire your positivity. The situation is already getting under my skin, Its sad that some people are in a position to prevent people from building a family and being happy. I wish he had not been an American, or that I have not been from the Philippines.

All the best for you and me. May your prayers reach heaven. Im reaching the point of believing that my prayers are not making it through. :)

Timeline

Hello,

My fiance and I went via the K-1 process, however we are now in our 10th month and we are still waiting for adjudication. 2 months ago we called USCIS about it. afterwards we received an email saying that security checks remain pending.

Has anyone here tried getting married and start a spousal petition waiting for the K-1 visa decision? I just wanna let it go. Its getting ridiculous. I gave up job, I didnt sign up for a new contract because it might get in the way when i have to attend the interview. (I work outside the country of my citizenship...which is Philippines). Whenever I discuss taking up employment outside the Philippines again, my fiance and I end up having arguments because he doesnt want me to go anywhere anymore. But im losing thousands of dollars in income. I really want to convince him to abandon the K-1 and switch to CR-1. I am also trying to convince him to just move here to the Philippines.

I would appreciate any reply. I know i will learn a thing or two from other people's exoerience. Thanks.

Mocha

Hello,

My fiance and I went via the K-1 process, however we are now in our 10th month and we are still waiting for adjudication. 2 months ago we called USCIS about it. afterwards we received an email saying that security checks remain pending.

Has anyone here tried getting married and start a spousal petition waiting for the K-1 visa decision? I just wanna let it go. Its getting ridiculous. I gave up job, I didnt sign up for a new contract because it might get in the way when i have to attend the interview. (I work outside the country of my citizenship...which is Philippines). Whenever I discuss taking up employment outside the Philippines again, my fiance and I end up having arguments because he doesnt want me to go anywhere anymore. But im losing thousands of dollars in income. I really want to convince him to abandon the K-1 and switch to CR-1. I am also trying to convince him to just move here to the Philippines.

I would appreciate any reply. I know i will learn a thing or two from other people's exoerience. Thanks.

Mocha

Please don't hijack other members threads. Start your own.

If adjudication is pending because of security checks, it will happen with any type of petition/ visa you apply. Seems silly and counter productive to start over right now

Timeline

Please don't hijack other members threads. Start your own.

If adjudication is pending because of security checks, it will happen with any type of petition/ visa you apply. Seems silly and counter productive to start over right now

Ms. P-ana,

I apologize if "hijacking" is how it looks like. I simply avoided opening a new thread on the premise that redundant topics covering same topics are sometimes annoying. Some subjects do overlap and some replies cover other concerns in similar situations. But thank you for your reply.

Good night and I wish all the members of the community well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

******** Two posts and replies split from other members threads and merged here. Please ask questions about your own case in your own thread, so as not to confuse members trying to help and take attention away from the original poster's question, and only ask once, as posting multiple times can be considered spamming. *******

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I am so sorry to hear of your frustration. I totally understand your concern. I advise you to hold on and pray over this matter. It can be full of stress while other cases breeze thru. But changing from K1 to CR1 seems pointless now. Keep contacting them concerning your case. And ask your fiance to also contact them too.

Now I am also new to this so please don't quote me...But I think CR1 is for those already married(i believe less than 2 years)

You are looking to marry once in the US correct?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.