MrsBoateng29

Police Reports

50 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

My fiance went for his interview on the 19th & was approved for his K1...
However, despite being told that we did not need the police report from when he lived in Dubai since you had to get it in person, that has since changed 

& the US embassy in Ghana did ask he get his Good Conduct Certificate from Dubai. 

My question, because the Dubai police only tells us to complete the application on their app...

Anyone who has moved from Dubai back to Ghana (or any other country) 

How can you get your Good Conduct Certificate?

I know they have an app & you can do it on their website...

BUT How do you send your fingerprints?

& How can you verify your identity (like the app instructs you to) when you are not in Dubai?

& How long doe it take for them to email your Good Conduct Certificate to you once you apply?

Our visa is waiting on this so I need to know ASAP

21 minutes ago, MrsBoateng29 said:

However, despite being told that we did not need the police report from when he lived in Dubai since you had to get it in person, that has since changed 

& the US embassy in Ghana did ask he get his Good Conduct Certificate from Dubai. 

My question, because the Dubai police only tells us to complete the application on their app...

& How can you verify your identity (like the app instructs you to) when you are not in Dubai?

& How long doe it take for them to email your Good Conduct Certificate to you once you apply?

Please check this thread. I posted about it before. 

Timeline

Ok! I read your posts... Why did I not listen to you before? 

Anyway.
Did you do yours online or on the app?

How were you able to scan your fingerprints?
He has his, but I don't know how to get them onto his phone to do it on the app

or his laptop to email  CDA.Certificate@dubaipolice.gov.ae his certified fingerprint, together with the transaction number and required attachments, 

Also, after you applied, how long did it take to get the actual certificate to give to the consulate? 

15 minutes ago, MrsBoateng29 said:

Ok! I read your posts... Why did I not listen to you before? 

Anyway.
Did you do yours online or on the app?

How were you able to scan your fingerprints?
He has his, but I don't know how to get them onto his phone to do it on the app

or his laptop to email  CDA.Certificate@dubaipolice.gov.ae his certified fingerprint, together with the transaction number and required attachments, 

Also, after you applied, how long did it take to get the actual certificate to give to the consulate? 

I also wish you listened to me. Sometimes ppl here misguide others only with what they read online, neglecting what other say about a true happening or experience.  Anyway. If he libed there after 2008 he does not need to send his prints as i assume he held a national ID and he was finger printed at the airport. You need to use the website, not the app. And it makes it much easier if you have his national ID number or his passport number that had the uae residency. 

They send it fast.  Got mine after 2 days by email. 

On 11/15/2016 at 1:02 AM, jstryker said:

Thanks Sagot! I knew that ... but this guy went and stirred me up.

Very easy to do while Im sitting here waiting and waiting for NOA2

Time shows that I was actually being helpful. Thank you. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, 684117 said:

I also wish you listened to me. Sometimes ppl here misguide others only with what they read online, neglecting what other say about a true happening or experience.  Anyway. If he libed there after 2008 he does not need to send his prints as i assume he held a national ID and he was finger printed at the airport. You need to use the website, not the app. And it makes it much easier if you have his national ID number or his passport number that had the uae residency. 

Ok, thank you again, so much.
I hate that we are delayed by this, but it is my own fault. Lesson learned. 
We will do it online immediately.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, 684117 said:

Not sure whos doing the misguiding - if you noticed I started the thread ASKING OVER AND OVER if this is true.

This isnt my only thread - I started others.  ALL have the same answer.   This is the only thread where we have a different answer.

K1 VISA
10/23/16....I-129F FEDEX 2nd day to Lewisville, TX
10/26/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/28/16....NOA1 Text and Email

10/28/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/04/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

w..a...i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

11/22/16....NOA2 Text Only

11/22/16....NOA2 Approval Date - no email yet
11/28/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

w..a..i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

12/06/16....Called NVC - No case yet (15 days after NOA2)

12/12/16....Called NVC - I-129F Received - no case number yet.

12/13/16....Case Number Received

12/15/16....Case status set as "In Transit"  to US Embassy in Manilla, PH

12/19/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/19/16....Emailed NVC asking for case information as it was never received (I know its too early - Just Do It Anyway)

xx/xx/xx......Never Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC (STILL MISSING GRRRRR)

01/03/17....NVC replied to email providing NVC letter and info

01/04/17....Medical Completed

01/04/17....Fedex I-134 (wet signature) and all documents needed from petitioner for CFO and for the USEM interview (employment, divorce decree, etc...)
02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

02/15/17....Visa In Hand :jest:

02/17/17....CFO Interview, Yellow sticker in hand

03/07/17....POE - San Francisco, CA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, MrsBoateng29 said:

The only thing I can think of is that you are in Ghana.... thats all I can think of that is different.   Both Greenbaum and Sagat provide information pertinent to obtaining a K1 in the Philippines.

I also just checked the website and it STILL says to not require a certificate of conduct from someone who doesnt live there.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AE.html

Police Records

Available, only if applicant is physically present in the UAE.

Police certificates may be obtained by any person, regardless of nationality, by personally appearing at the Central Police Headquarters located in the emirate of residence or former residence. When appearing to request a police certificate, the applicant should provide recent photographs, a letter from the requesting authority, the date of residence in the emirate, and their passport.

Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE.

Prison Records

Unavailable.

K1 VISA
10/23/16....I-129F FEDEX 2nd day to Lewisville, TX
10/26/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/28/16....NOA1 Text and Email

10/28/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/04/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

w..a...i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

11/22/16....NOA2 Text Only

11/22/16....NOA2 Approval Date - no email yet
11/28/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

12/06/16....Called NVC - No case yet (15 days after NOA2)

12/12/16....Called NVC - I-129F Received - no case number yet.

12/13/16....Case Number Received

12/15/16....Case status set as "In Transit"  to US Embassy in Manilla, PH

12/19/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/19/16....Emailed NVC asking for case information as it was never received (I know its too early - Just Do It Anyway)

xx/xx/xx......Never Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC (STILL MISSING GRRRRR)

01/03/17....NVC replied to email providing NVC letter and info

01/04/17....Medical Completed

01/04/17....Fedex I-134 (wet signature) and all documents needed from petitioner for CFO and for the USEM interview (employment, divorce decree, etc...)
02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

02/15/17....Visa In Hand :jest:

02/17/17....CFO Interview, Yellow sticker in hand

03/07/17....POE - San Francisco, CA

Timeline
On 1/20/2017 at 1:07 PM, 684117 said:

Also you do not need to email them. Go to dubai police web and go to online sercices and request for it. 

we are trying to do it now.... were you able to pay with your credit or debit card or did you have to get a GCC card?

Timeline
7 hours ago, 684117 said:

I used a credit card not issued in GCC.

Well, it wouldnt work with mine....we had to find a friend in Dubai to use their card & Im sending what he paid through moneygram because Western Union rejected it twice..... This process is so frustrating! lol

• 2 months later...
On 1/23/2017 at 2:37 PM, MrsBoateng29 said:

Well, it wouldnt work with mine....we had to find a friend in Dubai to use their card & Im sending what he paid through moneygram because Western Union rejected it twice..... This process is so frustrating! lol

Hi Everyone,

I am exactly in a similar situation. I lived in UAE from 2013 to 2015 (I also had an Emirates ID which is off course expired now since my residency visa was cancelled when i left UAE for good) and now I am currently working in Brazil (But I am a Pakistani).

I am also trying to apply online Good Conduct Certificate and I have few questions is someone could help.

1. What is address that you gave? because they need a registered mail with a P.O.Box # and I don´t have one.

2. Do they actually send you the certificate to the address or they just send a scanned copy?

3. Did you have to submit fingerprints taken at local police station and certified by Ministry of Foreign Affairs and UAE Embassy in you country? if that is a acquirement then I am doomed because i know i would never be able to get this in Brazil with their complicated processes and language issues :(

4. I have a non-GCC CC for payment. do you think it will work? I can use my friend´s credit card anyway so i think this shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks and appreciate any help.

Regards

Faheem

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/3/2016 at 11:29 AM, Ben&Zian said:

Yes. Anywhere a person over the age of 16 has lived at for more than 6 months, a police report is needed.

Is this for everyone filing the k1? 

My fiance was deployed in Germany, is he going to need one when he files our k1?

Sorry to jump on here. It seems the second I got familiar with the process the I-129f changed haha. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.