JeanLovesTracy

President Duterte

55 posts in this topic

Interesting stats. I doubt that the remittances will stop because it is mostly family to family, but what impact with all this have on Americans going to visit the Phils? How much money do Americans bring into the Philippines when we visit? Joan and and I were there in June and left at least P135,000 behind--and that was just two of us there for 2 weeks. I am personally in no rush to go back with all this ####### going on. Beijing is licking its chops right now with "Big Brother" "Out of the picture." Filipinos might want to start studying Cantonese and Mandarin! ....and while we are at it, where is China's little buddy North Korea in all of this? Seriously, it is scary, but I truly hope calmer heads prevail and this all blows over and Duterte can have his detente with China and repair ties to his very needed ally across the big pond.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Interesting stats. I doubt that the remittances will stop because it is mostly family to family, but what impact with all this have on Americans going to visit the Phils? How much money do Americans bring into the Philippines when we visit? Joan and and I were there in June and left at least P135,000 behind--and that was just two of us there for 2 weeks. I am personally in no rush to go back with all this ####### going on. Beijing is licking its chops right now with "Big Brother" "Out of the picture." Filipinos might want to start studying Cantonese and Mandarin! ....and while we are at it, where is China's little buddy North Korea in all of this? Seriously, it is scary, but I truly hope calmer heads prevail and this all blows over and Duterte can have his detente with China and repair ties to his very needed ally across the big pond.

Stats on tourism in Philippines:

http://tourism.gov.ph/Pages/IndustryPerformance.aspx

Stats on tourism in Philippines:

http://tourism.gov.ph/Pages/IndustryPerformance.aspx

Interesting. Salamat!

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

You are so right on this. My wife and I were thinking the exact same thing yesterday. I admit she got alittle mad when I said she needed to learn Mandarin because the Philippines might end up a province of China. But on another note, yes the Koreans and Chinese are some of the higher visitors by volume but in reality they actually spend less per person and family than a typical American does. My SIL has a friend whose husbands owns a number of shops and a Cuban Restaurant in Boracay. He told me that on average a Korean/Chinese family will spend alot less than one or two Americans/British will at his restaurant(which they do serve asian food). Where an American/British person would have an entree for each person, a Korean/Chinese family will have one entree and split it between the family. So they spend less.

I will certainly reevaluate everything in the next couple of months on wither or not I want to go back anytime soon.

I do believe that he will retract what he said in China at a later date because I do not think that he recognizes how worldwide the media is today. If he says something inflammatory it can reach to audiences around the world in minutes. He needs to stop being a Mayor and be a President.

"Duterte says he will not sever US ties" (http://www.rappler.com/nation/149968-philippines-duterte-will-not-sever-us-ties?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=referral)

You definitely called it cyberfx! His advisors probably told him he messed up by announcing that in China, so he had to basically retract what he said; apparently what he meant by "separation" was separation in relation to foreign policy <_<

There are already travel rules for any foreigners entering the Philippines; they have to apply for a visa if staying past 30 days. To be honest, I don't blame the US for having strict immigration rules, particularly for tourist visas in the Philippines. Many (not all) Filipinos have no discipline and do not like following rules, so if they find any shortcut to get what they want, they will do it, regardless of it being wrong or illegal. As a Filipina/pinay, it's embarrassing to admit, but Filipinos are more prone to staying in the US illegally via tourist visa hence the difficulty in obtaining one.

Edited by xmaricrisx

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 20, 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: February 26, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: May 6, 2016 (71 days from NOA1)
Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 11, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: May 26, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: May 27, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: June 2, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: June 3, 2016
Pay IV Fee: June 3, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 6, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via FedEx): June 8, 2016
Scan date: June 9, 2016
CC: July 14, 2016 (FINALLY saw 3rd N/A... 35 days after scan date)
Confirmation of CC email received: July 21, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: July 26, 2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: August 5, 2016
Medical Exam (@SLEC): August 3-4, 2016

Sputum samples given: August 15-17, 2016

Pulmo Consultation: August 18, 2016 (sputum smear is NEGATIVE!)

Results of sputum culture: October 12, 2016 (NEGATIVE!)

Completed: October 17, 2016
Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

Visa ready for pickup @MOA (via 2GO tracking): October 26, 2016

Visa in hand: October 27, 2016

Pay Greencard Fee: October 27, 2016

POE: November 6, 2016 (L)

SSN received (via USPS): November 14, 2016

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

That was one of the best things that we sent them. But we also sent the Ospreys as well which are airplanes that can fly like a helicopter as well. So they were able to go places where airplanes could not go. So they could pick up injured people and drop off supplies to the people stuck in the hard hit areas.

But if you listen to my wife's nephew we(the USA) is the cause for anything bad that happens to the Philippines.

I am always confused on that, last year the USA send foreign aid to the Philippines to the tune of $175 MILLION DOLLARS (not pesos), PLUS $50 MILLION DOLLARS in military financing. In 2016 the military aid was increased to $79 MILLION !!

And this does not count the 3.4 MILLION Filipino-Americans that send money back to the Philippines.

Ya the USA is the ROOT OF ALL EVIL in the Philippines... and there is no corruption in the Philippines (wonder where that $175 MILLION gets spent?)

And yes the Osprey are very cool aircraft, we were living in Tucson when they had the crash ... glad they finally got the bugs out of 'em

Edited by Philippines^Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

I am always confused on that, last year the USA send foreign aid to the Philippines to the tune of $175 MILLION DOLLARS (not pesos), PLUS $50 MILLION DOLLARS in military financing. In 2016 the military aid was increased to $79 MILLION !!

And this does not count the 3.4 MILLION Filipino-Americans that send money back to the Philippines.

Ya the USA is the ROOT OF ALL EVIL in the Philippines... and there is no corruption in the Philippines (wonder where that $175 MILLION gets spent?)

THAT is the exact question the people of the Philippines needs to ask the previous administration. That is the reason I was not a Pro-Roxas in the previous election.

What I don't get is: if the USA is so evil, why do the Filipino people try so hard to be like those in the USA? And why do they try so hard to get into the US?

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

Interview Process:

Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

Timeline

THAT is the exact question the people of the Philippines needs to ask the previous administration. That is the reason I was not a Pro-Roxas in the previous election.

What I don't get is: if the USA is so evil, why do the Filipino people try so hard to be like those in the USA? And why do they try so hard to get into the US?

I know talking with my wife and many of her family, when they look back at the decision to NOT be a U.S. territory.. they would like to find those that decided that and kick their buttz. :lol:

I have family in Guam ... I never hear complains on being a U.S. territory.

I know talking with my wife and many of her family, when they look back at the decision to NOT be a U.S. territory.. they would like to find those that decided that and kick their buttz. :lol:

I have family in Guam ... I never hear complains on being a U.S. territory.

The only complaint my parents have about living here in the US is that they miss the "simplicity" of living in the province in the Philippines, and they also feel somewhat looked down upon because they are the "minority." Other than that, they always say they don't regret migrating here because it gave our family a much better life than what we would've had in the Philippines; they are very much proud to be US citizens.

Maybe the Filipinos that are hating on the US are just that: HATERS. A lot of times, hate is based on jealousy; so perhaps they're just jealous? I don't know... I hope no one takes offense to what I'm saying. I'm just trying to figure out where the hate for the US started :huh2:

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

Interview Process:

After hearing this news yesterday I had/have concerns that i will be following closely. I talked to my wife last night and she thinks this wont affect us at all, I hope she is right. My main concern is for our family back in PH. I believe Duterte is doing what he feels is best , I hope he is right but seriously have my doubts, seems to me he is getting in way over his head and taking PH with him. I truely hope i am not correct

After hearing this news yesterday I had/have concerns that i will be following closely. I talked to my wife last night and she thinks this wont affect us at all, I hope she is right. My main concern is for our family back in PH. I believe Duterte is doing what he feels is best , I hope he is right but seriously have my doubts, seems to me he is getting in way over his head and taking PH with him. I truely hope i am not correct

I share your sentiments... I am very concerned with what is happening. My husband tells me to just have faith in Duterte, and know that his main priority is the well-being of the country. A part of me thinks that he may just be sucking up to China & Russia because he wants their money to improve the Philippines; his vision for the Philippines is expensive, and he knows he won't get that kind of money from the US. I could be wrong though... politics is not my forte haha.

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

Interview Process:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Duterte reminds me of the brainless bullies from high school. Always abusing smaller/weaker kids, while running their mouths and picking fights with bigger kids just to prove how tough they were. It's an unfortunate fact of life that there are people like that in this world, but it's really awful when one of them becomes a world leader.

He may very well be courting China and Russia because those are countries where it's perfectly acceptable to assassinate political rivals and execute pesky journalists asking too many questions. With us, he has to deal with annoying Pollyanna conversations about things like "human rights" and "rule of law". With Russia and China, those meetings are probably more along the lines of "Bullying Best Practices". smh

It may be a year or more before I can afford to bring my fiancee and her son here to the USA. I admit that I'm pretty concerned about what the situation may be there when I can finally try to get them out.

Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Thanks for listening! :)

Joel

Timeline

The only complaint my parents have about living here in the US is that they miss the "simplicity" of living in the province in the Philippines, and they also feel somewhat looked down upon because they are the "minority." Other than that, they always say they don't regret migrating here because it gave our family a much better life than what we would've had in the Philippines; they are very much proud to be US citizens.

Maybe the Filipinos that are hating on the US are just that: HATERS. A lot of times, hate is based on jealousy; so perhaps they're just jealous? I don't know... I hope no one takes offense to what I'm saying. I'm just trying to figure out where the hate for the US started :huh2:

Simplicity of life ... now that is worth embracing!!

Timeline

I share your sentiments... I am very concerned with what is happening. My husband tells me to just have faith in Duterte, and know that his main priority is the well-being of the country. A part of me thinks that he may just be sucking up to China & Russia because he wants their money to improve the Philippines; his vision for the Philippines is expensive, and he knows he won't get that kind of money from the US. I could be wrong though... politics is not my forte haha.

Just wants their money... is that instead of the $175 million a YEAR the Philippines receives from the USA or plus? :lol:

Just wants their money... is that instead of the $175 million a YEAR the Philippines receives from the USA or plus? :lol:

Plus? Hahaha :jest: No, but seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if all that has magically disappeared. Like I said earlier, the only people who know what happened to all the money the US and other nations donated to the typhoon victims are those from the previous administration. I say all those who donated should demand the previous administration to release an official statement saying where the heck those funds went because looking at the state of those affected by the typhoon, it definitely didn't go to them.

USCIS Process:

NVC Process:

Interview Process:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.