Avsiws

Paperwork for interview

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe I have everything for next week... just wanting to soothe my nerves about a few things that are not 10000% clear:

1) Packet 4 says I must bring: The appointment letter showing the date and time of your interview.

This email says "You have successfully scheduled your appointment and paid the K Visa application fee. Here are the details of your transaction. (It then lists Applicant info, Courier Selection details, General Required Documents For All Visa Types). You must print this instruction page and bring it with you to your consular interview, ALONG WITH THE LETTER YOU RECEIVED FROM THE CONSULAR SECTION".

What is this consular letter? Is this packet 4?

2) Fees: Packet 4 says the K visa is $265 paid in cash only at the interview. Is the $265 DS-160 online payment different?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

1. Yes, the visa interview appointment letter is packet 4. Many consulates do not send physical letters anymore. Many simply use that email confirmation.

2. Yes, the $265 is the Visa application fee. Again, many embassies are now allowing online payment.

:time:

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

I believe I have everything for next week... just wanting to soothe my nerves about a few things that are not 10000% clear:

1) Packet 4 says I must bring: The appointment letter showing the date and time of your interview.

This email says "You have successfully scheduled your appointment and paid the K Visa application fee. Here are the details of your transaction. (It then lists Applicant info, Courier Selection details, General Required Documents For All Visa Types). You must print this instruction page and bring it with you to your consular interview, ALONG WITH THE LETTER YOU RECEIVED FROM THE CONSULAR SECTION".

What is this consular letter? Is this packet 4?

2) Fees: Packet 4 says the K visa is $265 paid in cash only at the interview. Is the $265 DS-160 online payment different?

There was a DS-160 fee? I never saw anything about paying for a DS-160 when I filled it out and they sent me a confirmation it was done. :S

Timeline

Have you booked your interview yet?

I have not. I sent in my package 3 on the morning of October 14th. Still waiting on a response back from Montreal and kinda freaking out it's not here yet lol.

Really? I got a reply from them saying it would take 5 business days to reply back. Today is the 5th full business day.

Sorry have my months mixed up. My dog is sick so im forgetful. I apologize.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Really? I got a reply from them saying it would take 5 business days to reply back. Today is the 5th full business day.

Mine took nearly 2 weeks, don't freak out the way I did. You'll receive it soon enough. I think they're just experiencing a high volume of applicants from all the Summer 2016 filers.

Timeline

Mine took nearly 2 weeks, don't freak out the way I did. You'll receive it soon enough. I think they're just experiencing a high volume of applicants from all the Summer 2016 filers.

How did you freak out? Did you message them on FB or something? I'm hoping it comes by the end of the month. I'd like to get this process going before the flights/hotels get ridiculously expensive in mid December for Montreal due to Christmas.

Timeline

How did you freak out? Did you message them on FB or something? I'm hoping it comes by the end of the month. I'd like to get this process going before the flights/hotels get ridiculously expensive in mid December for Montreal due to Christmas.

I sent them my packet 3 twice and also sent them a follow up on their public inquiry section. A couple of days later I received my packet 4 but they still haven't responded to my inquiry. Felt so frustrated overthinking it I wanted to go there and yell "what's the matter with you people? Does anybody check the emails????" Lol

Last time I checked November 23 had plenty of slots as well as December 4.

I'm sure you'll get it by next week.

Timeline

I sent them my packet 3 twice and also sent them a follow up on their public inquiry section. A couple of days later I received my packet 4 but they still haven't responded to my inquiry. Felt so frustrated overthinking it I wanted to go there and yell "what's the matter with you people? Does anybody check the emails????" Lol

Last time I checked November 23 had plenty of slots as well as December 4.

I'm sure you'll get it by next week.

I was seriously considering sending them the packet 3 again and messaging them on their FB page. It says right on it they usually respond within the hour. But I'll let it slide till Friday October 28th which will be 2 full business weeks. Then I'll follow up. I'm hoping for a like.. Nov 23-25 Medical in Vancouver and a late first or second week of December interview date. Thanks so much for the response though. I really appreciate it. It has calmed my nerves. It's so brutal to have your future in limbo with this stuff.

Timeline

I was seriously considering sending them the packet 3 again and messaging them on their FB page. It says right on it they usually respond within the hour. But I'll let it slide till Friday October 28th which will be 2 full business weeks. Then I'll follow up. I'm hoping for a like.. Nov 23-25 Medical in Vancouver and a late first or second week of December interview date. Thanks so much for the response though. I really appreciate it. It has calmed my nerves. It's so brutal to have your future in limbo with this stuff.

No worries! I know the exact feeling. Completing your timeline can also help you keep track of everything throughout your entire journey. Hang tight!

Timeline

No worries! I know the exact feeling. Completing your timeline can also help you keep track of everything throughout your entire journey. Hang tight!

Just filled in my timeline :) Thanks again for the help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.