m@s

I need u guys to share me how long ur case last in nvc stage ?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Didn't know what that meant or even existed before googling a bit. Seems like that might send the application to yet another spiral of "up to 45days". At this point it feels like it's best to just go with the normal procedure.

Do you know when they actually get to the application - is it just a one day deal. So they make a decision and just send it to the embassy abroad? One would think they have to process multiple applications per day for any of this to actually work, right? Just wondering what to expect after NVC gets its act together and finally starts actually reading what we sent them...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my understanding it's merely a review and check of your documents for completeness for the embassy. Kind of like a triage to ensure only complete files are passed to the embassies.

NVC doesn't make any decisions on who will or won't get the visa. That's done by the embassy. All they do is some box-checking. Do we have her birth certificate? Yes, check. Do we have her police certificate? Yes, check. Does the sponsor make enough money? Yes, check. And once every box has been checked off to the embassy it goes. I can't imagine it takes more than an hour or two per case.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Hi the reason for all this is that nvc is so behind in their caseload that they can't keep up with the pace so now if your case isn't reviewed within the 6 weeks automatically sent to supervisor review that's what I was told 2x today

Hi the reason for all this is that nvc is so behind in their caseload that they can't keep up with the pace so now if your case isn't reviewed within the 6 weeks automatically sent to supervisor review that's what I was told 2x today

Thanks that's good to know. So they admit they are falling behind?

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

That's what I was told by a supervisor after I spoke with an agent really sucks that they pull that, we're sorry but we're really behind on our caseload have to wait up to another 6weeks for the supervisor to review

I'd volunteer to work there unpaid to help them out and get our cases moving! :)

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

JFH, any updates on your end? Still "at NVC" on mine. Frustrating...

Still no CC. I'm going to call them later today.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Congrats Babygurl! That is awesome news! Happy for you! Hoping to join you shortly :)

So what would that be - aprox 8,5 weeks from beginning to end? Which would make them tracking 2,5weeks behind the high end of their spectrum. Does your CEAC-tracker still say "at NVC" or has that status changed?

Day 49 since scan date and we are now in supervisor review.

Agent yesterday confirmed to me that they are running 'very much behind' their 6-week claim.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

I finally completed my DS260 and mailed in the paper work a couple weeks ago. My cases only took 31 days to clear USCIS. Unfortunately I ran into financial problems that prevented me from paying the NVC fees for a couple months. Now it looks like I might get caught up in this backlog. Back when I was trying to get case numbers after a couple weeks of calling NVC they told me my case would go to supervisor review and shortly after that I had case numbers. Take that for what you will. I have no idea how supervisor review applies when trying to get case complete. I was hoping for visas by February but maybe it will be a bit longer (if there are no problems with the medical exams or interview).

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Congrats Babygurl! That is awesome news! Happy for you! Hoping to join you shortly :)

So what would that be - aprox 8,5 weeks from beginning to end? Which would make them tracking 2,5weeks behind the high end of their spectrum. Does your CEAC-tracker still say "at NVC" or has that status changed?

I wasn't sure what the CEAC tracker was so i searched it out. When i typed in my info I got Ready. How can we be ready for our interview when I have yet to submit financials? And she has not gotten the medical docs....

U.S. Department of State

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: WRW2016000000 01 WRW Case Creation Date: 11-Oct-2016 Status Updated Date: 20-Oct-2016
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://nvc.state.gov/interview

I wasn't sure what the CEAC tracker was so i searched it out. When i typed in my info I got Ready. How can we be ready for our interview when I have yet to submit financials? And she has not gotten the medical docs....

U.S. Department of State

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: WRW2016000000 01 WRW Case Creation Date: 11-Oct-2016 Status Updated Date: 20-Oct-2016
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://nvc.state.gov/interview

Are you a K-1 visa?

CR-1/IR-1 send papers to NVC but K-1 don't - it's all handled by the embassy.

You will need to check on the embassy website for Warsaw to see what the procedure is for interviews - some embassies the applicants book the interviews themselves on an online system, others are booked by the embassy employees. I'm not very familiar with K-1 procedures but there are others who have gone through it.

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.