AandD

N-400 October 2016 Filers

1,805 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, cdneh said:

I think it's good, just to try and keep track of where everyone is at, although it really doesn't give me a clue as to when they will get around to scheduling us. Still, something about misery loving company :D.

Been following the other threads may-sept and it seems like a lot of the Houston/Dallas folks haven't been updating their dates. I refuse to believe that may filers are still waiting on an interview date. The dates on uscis were updated today FYI for all those that haven't checked.

9 minutes ago, cdneh said:

I think it's good, just to try and keep track of where everyone is at, although it really doesn't give me a clue as to when they will get around to scheduling us. Still, something about misery loving company :D.

I think it's more about living vicariously through other people's 'wins' for me... :D

01/03/2010: Met / 08/2010: Dating - VISITS: 07/2010: US / 09/2010: UK / 11/2010: UK / 12/2010: US / 03/2011: US / 07/2011: US / 10/2011: UK / 11/2011: UK / 12/2011: US / 02/2012: UK / 07/2012: UK / 02/15/2012 : Engaged

02/28/2012 : I-129F Filed
09/06/2012 : NOA2 ... APPROVED in 188 days, no RFE
09/28/2012 : Medical
10/12/2012 : Interview - APPROVED!
10/28/2012 : POE - Washington DC
11/10/2012 : Wedding

12/17/2012 : AOS application forms: I-485 / I-765 filed
02/15/2013 : I-765 approved
06/07/2013 : I-131 (AP) approved

09/04/2013 : I-485 approved

09/11/2013 : Received Green Card

06/09/2015 : Filed ROC application I-751

12/17/2015 : New Green Card received (10 Yr)

10/20/2016 : Filed N-400 application for Naturalization

07/07/2017 : Naturalization interview - approved!

08/11/2017 : Oath Ceremony - Became a USC

1 minute ago, bebop21 said:

Been following the other threads may-sept and it seems like a lot of the Houston/Dallas folks haven't been updating their dates. I refuse to believe that may filers are still waiting on an interview date. The dates on uscis were updated today FYI for all those that haven't checked.

Yes, not everyone does come back and update. But I think some of those May-September filers were caught up in the chaos of ELIS and IOE numbers seem to be the ones delayed. I wish USCIS would make sure a new idea works, before turning it loose on people.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Just now, Shezi said:

I think it's more about living vicariously through other people's 'wins' for me... :D

Truth! :D

4 minutes ago, cdneh said:

Truth! :D

You know, I found the old 'February Filers' thread this morning from when we first filed I129F in 2012... still reading it though but golly gosh, this is nothing compared to the wait on that. So much of my life felt on hold back then, at least in this round I can still go about daily business because citizenship doesn't change anything profoundly in the immediate sense, you know? Back then it was about 'do I sell my house?'; 'do I give notice at work?'; 'do I plan a future?'...

Edited by Shezi
typo

01/03/2010: Met / 08/2010: Dating - VISITS: 07/2010: US / 09/2010: UK / 11/2010: UK / 12/2010: US / 03/2011: US / 07/2011: US / 10/2011: UK / 11/2011: UK / 12/2011: US / 02/2012: UK / 07/2012: UK / 02/15/2012 : Engaged

02/28/2012 : I-129F Filed
09/06/2012 : NOA2 ... APPROVED in 188 days, no RFE
09/28/2012 : Medical
10/12/2012 : Interview - APPROVED!
10/28/2012 : POE - Washington DC
11/10/2012 : Wedding

12/17/2012 : AOS application forms: I-485 / I-765 filed
02/15/2013 : I-765 approved
06/07/2013 : I-131 (AP) approved

09/04/2013 : I-485 approved

09/11/2013 : Received Green Card

06/09/2015 : Filed ROC application I-751

12/17/2015 : New Green Card received (10 Yr)

10/20/2016 : Filed N-400 application for Naturalization

07/07/2017 : Naturalization interview - approved!

08/11/2017 : Oath Ceremony - Became a USC

Just now, Shezi said:

You know, I found the old 'February Filers' thread this morning from when we first filed I129F in 2012... still reading it though but golly gosh, this is nothing compared to the wit on that. So much of my life felt on hold back then, at least in this round I can still go about daily business because citizenship doesn't change anything profoundly in the immediate sense, you know? Back then it was about 'do I sell my house?'; 'do I give notice at work?'; 'do I plan a future?'...

Oh, for sure! We aren't in different countries anymore from our fiancees now, lol, huge plus!  We got held up in something new they were doing at NVC, well new at the time. AP, for K1's. No one on here could tell me what was going on, I had heaps of people telling me that it was only for spousal visas, and on and on. Nearly 8 weeks later, we got sent on. And by that time we had a lot of people trying to find out about it.  I haven't looked up our old thread,  but it was in 2008. I felt a bit of a pariah, everyone getting interviewed, and visas, and there we were. At NVC.

So yah, this is better. But somehow still irritating :D

So here my story , I passed my interview  23rd February  at saint paul office MN ,   the IO  gave me form 652 , and it says on that form i passed my civic test and at the bottom it says recommended for approval  , before i left i  asked her should i wait for ceremony letter soon  ?   she answered me if  they dont need more documents from you   yes  but if they need RFE  you will receive letter  saying  that  ,  till today we are on 9/3/2017  still no  response and my online status never change ( interview was  scheduled ) i called twice  800# and they keep telling me i have to wait 90 days 

PS: at the interview i made mistake instead of telling the officer i had traffic written warning i said verbal warning , should i be worry or is there any one who had the same issue ? 

thank you very much for your help  

13 hours ago, WILLYAMWALLACE said:

So here my story , I passed my interview  23rd February  at saint paul office MN ,   the IO  gave me form 652 , and it says on that form i passed my civic test and at the bottom it says recommended for approval  , before i left i  asked her should i wait for ceremony letter soon  ?   she answered me if  they dont need more documents from you   yes  but if they need RFE  you will receive letter  saying  that  ,  till today we are on 9/3/2017  still no  response and my online status never change ( interview was  scheduled ) i called twice  800# and they keep telling me i have to wait 90 days 

PS: at the interview i made mistake instead of telling the officer i had traffic written warning i said verbal warning , should i be worry or is there any one who had the same issue ? 

thank you very much for your help  

Are you talking to a Tier Two person when you call the 800 number? Perhaps you could make an infopass appointment.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello! I have a question: I have my citizenship interview scheduled for next Tuesday in Boston. However there is a big snowstorm coming that day. I'm afraid they close the office without informing us ahead of time, and there is no phone numbers on the website to call them before heading there. Any suggestions???

3 hours ago, BrazilianBoston said:

Hello! I have a question: I have my citizenship interview scheduled for next Tuesday in Boston. However there is a big snowstorm coming that day. I'm afraid they close the office without informing us ahead of time, and there is no phone numbers on the website to call them before heading there. Any suggestions???

I have read on VJ that in the past they have called to cancel. failing that, they will reschedule. Call UCSIS 0800 number on the Monday and ask.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I am October filer with a priority date of October 31st. I filed my n400 last week of October under a 3 year marriage with a US citizen. Had my fingerprinting done November 30 and been in line for interview since December 5th. Anybody had gotten their interview yet?

16 minutes ago, Kathy and Jesse said:

Hi I am October filer with a priority date of October 31st. I filed my n400 last week of October under a 3 year marriage with a US citizen. Had my fingerprinting done November 30 and been in line for interview since December 5th. Anybody had gotten their interview yet?

Hello Kathy and Jesse!

So far, 8 who filed at Phoenix, and 6 who filed at Texas have interviews, or have already had them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 minutes ago, cdneh said:

Hello Kathy and Jesse!

So far, 8 who filed at Phoenix, and 6 who filed at Texas have interviews, or have already had them.

I see, thank you! I'm just wondering what's going on. Wasn't sure what to do since it has been almost 5 months. I have couple friends that had their citizenship done in 3 months last year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.