Moonchan93

Medical questions, Help!

14 posts in this topic

I'm currently having a mini break down over the fact, I'm having an eczema flair and I'm really worried that this will cause the Knightsbridge doctors to fail me, my reason for it flaring is my doctor won't give me my cream in which I was prescribed when I was really young after I got a pretty bad skin infection, I am supposed to be using a small amount of Metosyn (fluocinonide) but my doctor insists that it's too strong for me even though I know this cream is the only cream that works after many nights spent in tears in pain as a child testing creams to see what worked for me.

what are my chances of failing?

Are there any treatments that you lot would suggest in order to get the flare cleared up quickly and effectively from experience

Also If I'm in the wrong topic I'm so sorry!

K1 VISA

07/05/16....I-129F mailed to Dallas lockbox , TX

07/08/16....Delivered at Dallas lockbox , TX

07/12/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

08/26/16....NOA2 Approved via USCIS website

09/01/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

09/08/16....NVC Received I-129F

09/13/16....Case Number Received

09/26/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

09/29/16....Received packet 3

10/24/16......Medical

11/07/16....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx....Visa in Hand

12/27/16....POE at Atlanta (Hopefully)

03/10/17....Wedding!

Just a thought have you tried clove oil (5 drops with (8 ozs) of Olive oil

mixed together try on a patch of skin first , clove oil can be strong for

some ppl you can adjust amount

I haven't.

But I'm that desperate I will try practically anything right now

K1 VISA

10/24/16......Medical

11/07/16....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx....Visa in Hand

03/10/17....Wedding!

0% chance of failing for eczema.

As silly as this may sound just that one comment has made me a little bit more confident! Thank you. I think im just that nervous that my brain is making up possibilities now but Thank you!

K1 VISA

10/24/16......Medical

11/07/16....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx....Visa in Hand

03/10/17....Wedding!

Put your mind at ease. Husband is as red as can be most days with his flare-ups, and passed the UK medical with flying colors. :)

Once you get stateside, I'd go see a dermatologist. They should be able to help you easily.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I agree, this will be no issue at all

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Don't try anything as a quick fix, it may make it worse if you aren't used to it.

Medical in London is a breeze! Chest Xray, Urine sample, blood test and a quick head to toe body check...Ears, nose, throat, blood pressure etc.

DO NOT WORRY!!!!

As a physician myself I would sincerely hope they wouldn't fail you because you have eczema. You are allowed to have a medical history. Just explain your medical history to the doctor and explain you are having a flare.

As a physician myself I would sincerely hope they wouldn't fail you because you have eczema. You are allowed to have a medical history. Just explain your medical history to the doctor and explain you are having a flare.

well the real problem is I am being denied my cream fluocinonide by my doctor as he says it's too strong and tries to give me the weakest that just makes my skin develop vesicles under the skin which then tears... even though I was prescribed it by a dermatologist when I was 7-8 years old

K1 VISA

10/24/16......Medical

11/07/16....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx....Visa in Hand

03/10/17....Wedding!

well the real problem is I am being denied my cream fluocinonide by my doctor as he says it's too strong and tries to give me the weakest that just makes my skin develop vesicles under the skin which then tears... even though I was prescribed it by a dermatologist when I was 7-8 years old

That is the real problem for you, but it shouldn't be a concern of the doctor at Knightsbridge assuming their primary focus is on approving you for immigration. Eczema is a chronic non-contagious disease, it should have no bearing on your ability to come to the US.

I only have limited experience with the medical profession in the UK from my wife, but based on what I've heard you are not alone in knowing what you need but being refused in an effort to "follow protocol" and/or "save money". She has to make an appointment with her GP every 3 months for a refill on a medication she has been on for the last 10 years. Every time it's a different GP and they always ask the same questions and try to prescribe her the same different medication that she has never tolerated before.

I don't suppose a referral back to a dermatologist is possible? As a pediatrician I would recommend oatmeal baths but that is more for infants (Would be hard to set one up for an adult!). Otherwise lots and lots of aquaphor/vaseline/emollient more times per day than you think is necessary. Get rid of anything that has a fragrance in it (soaps, shampoos etc...) and in particular if you have used a new product recently when this flare started get rid of that (even if it seems like it shouldn't cause problems...anything new around the time this flare started get rid of it). Also try to think of any other new exposures (pets, food etc...). What is he trying to prescribe? Hydrocortisone/Triamcinolone? In his defense I would say if you haven't used/needed fluocinonide since you were 7 years old and you are over 18 now you may want to try a lower potency steroid first anyway. Your skin changes and eczema in particular can be very very bad as a child and get better over time. Higher potency topical steroids have their own problems if you use them too much.

None of this is official medical advice, just my 2 cents. ;)

That is the real problem for you, but it shouldn't be a concern of the doctor at Knightsbridge assuming their primary focus is on approving you for immigration. Eczema is a chronic non-contagious disease, it should have no bearing on your ability to come to the US.

I only have limited experience with the medical profession in the UK from my wife, but based on what I've heard you are not alone in knowing what you need but being refused in an effort to "follow protocol" and/or "save money". She has to make an appointment with her GP every 3 months for a refill on a medication she has been on for the last 10 years. Every time it's a different GP and they always ask the same questions and try to prescribe her the same different medication that she has never tolerated before.

I don't suppose a referral back to a dermatologist is possible? As a pediatrician I would recommend oatmeal baths but that is more for infants (Would be hard to set one up for an adult!). Otherwise lots and lots of aquaphor/vaseline/emollient more times per day than you think is necessary. Get rid of anything that has a fragrance in it (soaps, shampoos etc...) and in particular if you have used a new product recently when this flare started get rid of that (even if it seems like it shouldn't cause problems...anything new around the time this flare started get rid of it). Also try to think of any other new exposures (pets, food etc...). What is he trying to prescribe? Hydrocortisone/Triamcinolone? In his defense I would say if you haven't used/needed fluocinonide since you were 7 years old and you are over 18 now you may want to try a lower potency steroid first anyway. Your skin changes and eczema in particular can be very very bad as a child and get better over time. Higher potency topical steroids have their own problems if you use them too much.

None of this is official medical advice, just my 2 cents. ;)

it's still helpful and no i've had it since I was 7 i got refused it about 2-3 years ago and been trying to get seen ever since by someone who will take it seriously and not tell me " i've been treating ezcema for 4 years i know alot about it" yeah it's why ive been using Aquaphor that my friend from texas bought over that really worked but i can't seem to find anything in the UK that helps.

Also a refferal isn't at all possible as I'm leaving the uk within the next 2 months and it took my mom nearly 5 years to get me to a dermatologist

knowing that it isn't going to affect my medical makes me feel more confident in the least, I'll just try and keep it moisturized and what not till I can get to a US physician

Thank you though!!

K1 VISA

10/24/16......Medical

11/07/16....Interview

xx/xx/xx....Visa Issued

xx/xx/xx....Visa in Hand

03/10/17....Wedding!

I'm currently having a mini break down over the fact, I'm having an eczema flair and I'm really worried that this will cause the Knightsbridge doctors to fail me, my reason for it flaring is my doctor won't give me my cream in which I was prescribed when I was really young after I got a pretty bad skin infection, I am supposed to be using a small amount of Metosyn (fluocinonide) but my doctor insists that it's too strong for me even though I know this cream is the only cream that works after many nights spent in tears in pain as a child testing creams to see what worked for me.

what are my chances of failing?

Are there any treatments that you lot would suggest in order to get the flare cleared up quickly and effectively from experience

Also If I'm in the wrong topic I'm so sorry!

Please don't worry about the eczema, I had my medical over a year ago, and my leg eczema had flared up, the doc saw it and never even mentioned it. You'll be fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.