Paulinadeb88

I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-864 Concurrent Filing Questions

4 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I'm about to submit my packet to sponsor my husband. I'm a US citizen through naturalization and my husband arrived to the US on a visitor visa which expired in 2007. We got married in May of this year and we finally want him to become a permanent resident. We've been together for over 6 years as it's time for a honeymoon! :)

Okay, so first thing is first. I changed my last name to his and that information is reflected on the marriage certificate along with my license. Will it be an issue that my passport still reflects my maiden name? I'm thinking I should include my "new" last name on all the paperwork and just include my maiden name when asked on the paperwork.

Here are the contents of my folder to USIS:

G-325a for me

G-325a for husband

G-1145 for me

G-1145 for husband

I-130

I-485

I-765

I-864

along with all the associated paperwork. I've searched this site for hours making sure that I have all the necessary forms/pictures/proof etc. so I'm good on that account. I decided to submit all the forms concurrently in hopes of expediting the process :-)

Can someone please confirm if the fact that my passport reflects my maiden name will not be an issue?

Thank you! :)

n-400 Timeline (husband) filed under 3 year marriage rule

(day 1) Submitted application & payment online (online ETA October 2021) 10/23/2020

(day 5) Text update that NOA was mailed 10/28/2020

(day 113) Biometric reuse letter mailed 2/12/2021

(day 279) Text saying there is an update to our cases, interview scheduled for August 26, 2021 7/29/2021

(day 322) Oath ceremony will be scheduled 9/10/2021

(day 327) Oath ceremony scheduled for Oct 1st 9/14/2021

(day 343) Oath ceremony complete & certificate received! Applied for US passport same day. 10/1/2021 

No the name change is not an issue, as you have the marriage certificate to show them as proof.If you wanted to get a new passport in your new last name you could renew it, however I don't believe it is mandatory to get a new one as long as when you are traveling the name on the ticket matches your passport, which means you would put your maiden name on the ticket.

So yeah, you can include your new last name on the paperwork and just the maiden name where it's asked.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to WSTourist-based AOS Forum~

~Adjusting from tourist visa~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

you're missing the i693 which is the medical and vaccination on the list of forms

that has to be filled out by a doctor approved by immigration

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.