Krissyb93

Recieved a 221G, but for an unusual reason...wanted to see if anyone has experience with this particular situation

53 posts in this topic

Because people are stupid. :D. I know, sometimes it still amazes me and i work in retail!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Because people are stupid. :D. I know, sometimes it still amazes me and i work in retail!

I agree but Jesus it's her job to know these things. I hope she didn't get us completely screwed over.

Edited by Krissyb93

March 11th 2015: We got married! (L)

July 15th 2015: I-130 petition sent to Chicago filing center

July 17th 2015: NOA1, petition forwarded to Nebraska

July 21st 2015: NOA1 Hard copy received

January 5th 2016: Petition approved!

January 14 2016: NOA2 hardcopy received

January 14th 2016: Case sent to Dept. of State

February 2nd 2016 : received NVC welcome letter along with case and invoice number

May 11, 2016: DS-261 completed and AOS fee paid

May 19th 2016: Immigrant visa fee paid

July 6th 2016: DS-260 completed

July 8th 2016: Our AOS package was received

August 13th 2016: AOS package review complete and visa interview scheduled for Sept 27th 2016!!!

September 21st 2016: Hubbys medical exam

September 27th: APPROVED!

Timeline

So when my husband drops off his passport, does it need to be at the Mumbai drop off center, or can it be at any drop off center?

February 2nd 2016 : received NVC welcome letter along with case and invoice number

August 13th 2016: AOS package review complete and visa interview scheduled for Sept 27th 2016!!!

So when my husband drops off his passport, does it need to be at the Mumbai drop off center, or can it be at any drop off center?

They didnt tell him when they told him about submitted the medical?

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Timeline

They didnt tell him when they told him about submitted the medical?

On the 221g slip it says drop it off at any one of the 11 drop off centers in India, however maybe it would be processed faster if we dropped it off in Mumbai where his interview originally took place?

On the 221g slip it says drop it off at any one of the 11 drop off centers in India, however maybe it would be processed faster if we dropped it off in Mumbai where his interview originally took place?

If Mumbai is a drop off center then you can drop it off there.

I'd recommend dropping it off at a location listed, if it's not listed then don't drop it off there.

Did you get a new medical or are you just going to give them a passport and see what happens?

It shouldn't process any faster, and unless you were told different recently (as in you contacted them and you have proof to attach along with the passport such as an email or letter), it may only slow it down dropping it off at a place that isn't listed.

Your case is now being treated like any 221g, again unless you have proof that they're letting you go ahead and send the passport without a new medical back. So it's going to have to be dropped off (along with the new medical) at one of those locations.

221g's are done in the order they get to someone who goes through them. There's the "we got it phase" and then it may sit in a pile for a while until someone checks it over, and then there's the "Okay, they fufilled what the 221g is asking for" phase or the "No this isn't what we needed phase/we need more info" phase, and THEN it'll get to the person who can give the approval stamp.

If you already have the new medical, then just get the ball rolling and drop it off at the listed location. I'd be careful if you just want to drop off the passport without any letter explaining why they're getting a random passport, because their system will tell them they want more than a passport.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

they have to have a process which is why they put that there...don't go changing it around may cause longer delays vs making it happen quicker.

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Timeline

If Mumbai is a drop off center then you can drop it off there.

I'd recommend dropping it off at a location listed, if it's not listed then don't drop it off there.

Did you get a new medical or are you just going to give them a passport and see what happens?

It shouldn't process any faster, and unless you were told different recently (as in you contacted them and you have proof to attach along with the passport such as an email or letter), it may only slow it down dropping it off at a place that isn't listed.

Your case is now being treated like any 221g, again unless you have proof that they're letting you go ahead and send the passport without a new medical back. So it's going to have to be dropped off (along with the new medical) at one of those locations.

221g's are done in the order they get to someone who goes through them. There's the "we got it phase" and then it may sit in a pile for a while until someone checks it over, and then there's the "Okay, they fufilled what the 221g is asking for" phase or the "No this isn't what we needed phase/we need more info" phase, and THEN it'll get to the person who can give the approval stamp.

If you already have the new medical, then just get the ball rolling and drop it off at the listed location. I'd be careful if you just want to drop off the passport without any letter explaining why they're getting a random passport, because their system will tell them they want more than a passport.

Mumbai is a drop off center.

Our 221g states not to get a new medical exam until January...and *only* in January for some reason. And then to take that along with my husband's passport to a drop off center.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.