Nick&Lor

CENOMAR Problem

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone!!

I just want to ask if anyone of you guys had the same problem as what I am having right now. I put my mother's surname when she got married and I asked people and they said it should be "mother's maiden name" I tried to order another one but they said it will arrive on Thursday and Thursday is my interview :'( Will I have a problem with my interview regarding this or that's okay ? Please I hope anyone can answer me I'm really stress about this.

I29F: June 19, 2016

NOA1 : June 21, 2016

NOA2: August 23, 2016

Date package received by NVC: September 02, 2016

Manila case # assigned: September 02, 2016

Interview: September 29,2016

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone!!

I just want to ask if anyone of you guys had the same problem as what I am having right now. I put my mother's surname when she got married and I asked people and they said it should be "mother's maiden name" I tried to order another one but they said it will arrive on Thursday and Thursday is my interview :'( Will I have a problem with my interview regarding this or that's okay ? Please I hope anyone can answer me I'm really stress about this.

Yes it should be your mother's maiden name, from PSA :

CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage)

1. Complete name of the person
  2. Complete name of the father
  3. Complete maiden name of the mother
  4. Date of birth
  5. Place of birth
  6. Complete name and address of the requesting party
  7. Number of copies needed
  8. Purpose of the certification

https://psa.gov.ph/civilregistration/requesting-civil-registry-document/cenomar

My suggestion - if you do not have the new CENOMAR before the interview, bring what you have, if the CO during the interview wants a new one they will issue a 221g (usually is emailed to you) to request the new CENOMAR, simply print out a copy of the 221g and take it to PSA, they will send the CENOMAR you recently requested to the embassy, nothing to stress about, everything will be fine. :)

Edited by Philippines^Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline

hello, have you tried to get a cenomar personally? i went to psa here in our provice and requested it and released the same day, i waited for 3 hours though..

yes here it will take 1 week D:

Yes it should be your mother's maiden name, from PSA :

CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage)

1. Complete name of the person
  2. Complete name of the father
  3. Complete maiden name of the mother
  4. Date of birth
  5. Place of birth
  6. Complete name and address of the requesting party
  7. Number of copies needed
  8. Purpose of the certification

https://psa.gov.ph/civilregistration/requesting-civil-registry-document/cenomar

My suggestion - if you do not have the new CENOMAR before the interview, bring what you have, if the CO during the interview wants a new one they will issue a 221g (usually is emailed to you) to request the new CENOMAR, simply print out a copy of the 221g and take it to PSA, they will send the CENOMAR you recently requested to the embassy, nothing to stress about, everything will be fine. :)

thank you very much :D it can delay the visa process?

I29F: June 19, 2016

NOA1 : June 21, 2016

NOA2: August 23, 2016

Date package received by NVC: September 02, 2016

Manila case # assigned: September 02, 2016

Interview: September 29,2016

Timeline

yes here it will take 1 week D:

thank you very much :D it can delay the visa process?

Being you have the CENOMAR ordered already, IF the consulate officer requests another CENOMAR, once the embassy has it.. maybe it will add another week of waiting... nothing to get concerned about.

221g's can delay usually 2-3 weeks.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Try not to stress too much. Go to your interview. Your 221g should set you back only a few weeks. Then you can packing your bags.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I've got the same situation here there was a double entry of my fathers family name and they use my mother's married name instead of maiden name. I was so sure that I made it correctly but this is what happen. My interview would be on Oct. 26 and maybe I still have time. A bit nervous now. Huhu ?.

Timeline

order your cenomar online. it's worth it. it took 3 business days for me to get it after payment is posted. It's more expensive but I don't have to make 2 trips to PSA, saving me transpo/gas/, snacks and possible shopping.

The lady selling snacks outside of the PSA office should be able to get your CENOMAR in one day. Her snacks may cost around Php200...

Timeline

How about my problem guys please enlighten me.

I born illegitimate( no fathers name on birth cer) but I followed my mothers surname as mine and her middle name as my middle name ( in all my documents) until I apply for a Philippine passport and the dfa took out my middle name. In my i129f application other forms I followed my passport and don't put my middle initial in there.

Now I'm worried for my interview since my passport doesn't have my middle initial and all my documents has. But I get two nib clearance with my two name and also two for my cenomar. Sure I can't in my birth YOU THINK THIS CAUSE ME PROBLEM DURING MY INTERVIEW??

Timeline

No easy answer for what the embassy will do. You are not the first with this issue, most have no problem. Worse case you will have to get a corrected birth certificate.

Like Sagot states can't say but don't bring up this issue in front of the CO. Wait for them to ask you. Then answer honestly. You may slide through with no issues as they may not notice the absence of your information.

Whatever you decide to do best thing it get the process moving to correct the errors on your BC. Doing so you get a jump on the repair before USEM may ask for it and you never know what issues you may have with other paperwork after you're in the US.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

We are in NVC stage right now I don't think so I can't still correct the errors since it takes 6 months or a year.

But I need to fill up ds160 right and I'm thinking to put my other name into " other names used" what do u think? If I do that sure they will notice it. But I'm thinking maybe it's the best thing to do for them not to think that I never had intention on hiding it since I didn't able to write it in the uscis application.

Timeline

Follow the name used in your passport

As for correcting your BC:

The city or municipal civil registrar has the authority under Republic Act (R.A.) No. 10172 to change or correct clerical or typographical errors and change of first name or nickname, the day and month in the date of birth or sex of a person where it is patently clear that there was a clerical or typographical error or mistake in the entry.

As stated under Section 2 of R.A No. 10172, clerical or typographical error refers to a mistake committed in the performance of clerical work in writing, copying, transcribing or typing an entry in the civil register that is harmless and innocuous, such as misspelled name or misspelled place of birth, mistake in the entry of day and month in the date of birth or the sex of the person or the like, which is visible to the eyes or obvious to the understanding, and can be corrected or changed only by reference to other existing record or records: Provided, however, that no correction must involve the change of nationality, age or status of the petitioner.

Process may be different for your city: http://manila.gov.ph/services/civil-registry/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.