Peace_Seeker

Little Problem in Sponsoring Brother

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey All,

I have a question for which I need your experienced advise, my elder brother traveled to US back in 2001 for his Masters studies, after he finished his studies he started working part time while looking for a job in his own profession. Those were bad time after 9/11 and he was in NY so FBI raided at his work and found him behind the counter means he was an employee so they asked him his legal (immigration papers) and all which obviously he didn't have then. Legal proceedings started and he hired a lawyer and after 6 months of hearings he decided there is no point paying whatever he was earning to the lawyer so he voluntarily left the Country in 2003.

After 13 years now I want to apply I-130 for him and there is a section in the form which asks "Has your relative ever been under immigration proceedings" and gives options of "Removal, Exclusion/Deportation, Rescission, Judicial Proceedings".

Please let me know how should I move forward from this hurdle?

Thanks Much in Advance!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Say Yes

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You answer with the truth. Then you wait. Under current standards the wait for a sibling petition has been 13 years for those that filed that long ago but the lines have grown over those years so you can expect 20 or more years unless the process changes before your brother can get a visa and who knows what the attitude to offenses will be then

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.