Macarena

Green Card delivery

31 posts in this topic

I was just approved for my I-751 Extreme Hardship Waiver yesterday and card ordered. I wanted to know whether the card comes to my address or the lawyers address.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

I believe it comes to your address.

Just for educational purposes, can you give some details? Extreme hardship I-751 waivers are very rare so it would be useful for others in your situation.

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

My evidence included but not limited to:

-Detailed personal statement (8 pages)

Evidence of relatives/persons for whom I am claiming extreme hardship

-Birth Certificate of US born child

-Photos of my family including US born son

-My birth certificate

-Docs related to my US born child

Medical Hardships for me and my son

-Evidence of my medical issue (doctor’s letter)

-Evidence of my daily prescriptions (Prescriptions from doctor and printouts

-Mayo clinic printouts on dangers of my medical issue

-Medical records for my son showing language disorder, asthma and allergies

-Letter from my son’s speech therapist detailing my son’s condition and recommending that he stays here in the country for adequate care

-Proof of my Health insurance coverage that I carry for my son

-Evidence showing that there are very speech therapists in my country making it difficult for my USC son to receive adequate care in US

-List of speech therapists in my country totaling to 19

-Google printouts showing the distance between my home town to the closest speech therapist which is almost 150 miles

-Print out showing how many speech therapists are close to my house in US. There are 23 in my zip code alone with the closes one being 3 miles away.

Financial and professional hardships

-Income tax returns showing my income which is over $100k. (This was to show how much I would suffer if I was returned home)

-Pay statements supporting the above

-Copies of all financial obligations I have in the US which showed what kind of a burden I would live for my wife who is not a citizen and who would be taking care of my son when I am removed. It showed how massive of a responsibility that was since my income was about 70% of the entire family income. This included mortgages, business loans, utility bills, car loans etc

Hardship related to my home country conditions

-Photos of my mums home in comparison to the home I live

-CIA World Factbook for my country showing subpar GDP, Infant mortality and average life expectancy way below that of the US.

-Documents showing unemployment rate in my home country is 45%

-Letters from folks from my country detailing medical hardships and scares

-US dept travel warnings to my country

-newspaper clippings showing only 8% of my country folks can afford mortgages

-newspaper clipping showing corruption in my country’s police force

-Several pages detailing the frequency of terrorist attacks

---and many many more newspaper cutouts of country conditions. Made sure to use the largest newspaper in my home country and sources like New York Times, Reuters, CNN

-Also evidence of good moral conduct.

-Letters form my pastors attesting to my good moral character.

-Letters from members of the community showing how I have been a leader in the community

-Several documents that showed my commitment to the community

Hope this helps someone.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Once your case update shows card delivered, it will give you a tracking number! Cannot wait to have the gc in hand!

------------------------------------------------------------

2003-08-21: first visit to US on F-1

2009-09-17: first met ex-spouse

2013-05-14: re-entered US on K-1

2013-05-20: married to ex-spouse

2013-12-27: received conditional green card

2014-04-01: separated from ex-spouse

2014-10-01: divorced from ex-spouse

2015-06-25: sent I-751

2016-04-11: received RFE

2016-06-08: sent RFE reply

2016-09-20: new card ordered

2016-09-23: new card mailed

2016-09-28: new card picked up by USPS

2016-09-30: new card delivered

I have created an account at myusps.com. Once you do, you can opt to be notified by mail or text about any package that has been shipped to you. This is whether you have a tracking number or not. Realized the tracking number provided by USCIS comes in late. Once it is picked up by USPS I will be notified and I can track it online.

Timeline

Last leg of the journey! Cannot wait to have it in hand since I'm busy looking for jobs :)

Timeline

I looked at some other cases and usps.com for the fun of it. USPS priority mail (that carries the green card, tracking # start 9205) takes 1-3 business days depending on where you live. Most areas 2 business days. It comes from Corbin KY 40701. I did a quick search and some vj users report 2-5 days from they get "my card is mailed" update to having green card in hand.

https://www.usps.com/priority-mail/map/

That's a pretty cool tool. I am surprised we did not get the notification which says "the Post Office picked up mail containing your new card for Receipt number...." Noticed most folks get it later the same day after "my card was mailed" notification. I guess we will see on Monday or Tuesday.

Did you receive the update with tracking number? My status was changed on September,23rd to The card was mailed to you but no update since then, no tracking number:(

Did you receive the update with tracking number? My status was changed on September,23rd to The card was mailed to you but no update since then, no tracking number:(

I did not get it so I am actually thinking it is going to show up unannounced in the mailbox.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I did not get it so I am actually thinking it is going to show up unannounced in the mailbox.

Do you have an account at MyUSPS? https://my.usps.com/mobileWeb/pages/intro/start.action Sign up if you don't have one, it would show any tracking-available envelope/parcel coming to your address.

Do you have an account at MyUSPS? https://my.usps.com/mobileWeb/pages/intro/start.action Sign up if you don't have one, it would show any tracking-available envelope/parcel coming to your address.

I have already signed up but I have not seen anything come up yet since September 23rd

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have already signed up but I have not seen anything come up yet since September 23rd

What does the status currently show? For me things went like this; 3/28 approval letter came in mail, 4/4 new card ordered, 4/7 new card mailed, 4/8 card picked by usps, took them 3 days to deliver on 4/12.

Did you receive the update with tracking number? My status was changed on September,23rd to The card was mailed to you but no update since then, no tracking numbeI have the same status as you

I have the same status as you on the same day 23rd. Nothing since. My usps is not showing anything shipped to me and USCIS said they did not have a tracking number yet.

Edited by Macarena

Yeah, that is really weird honestly. I guess we have to get a tracking number before actual delivery, right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.