racheldot

F1 Student on opt, filing for Aos. Form i -864 queries!!! URgent running out of time..

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

Still very confused about where i am allowed to add my income in addition to my husbands income on the i 864 form. i am the prime beneficiary that he is sponsoring.. last year he made 40k which is more than sufficient. But he has changed jobs last month , we are submitting w2 and tax returns from last year.

In the current income section we have put 35k as current annual income... now we are wondering if we should submit paystubs from the new job ? Since he has only been there a month the income reflected is going to obviously be less. Should we submit paystubs from previous and current job (6months)? or it doesnt matter ?

I would like to add my income so that uscis can see that i am capable of supporting my self, even though my husband works. Confusion is whether they will accept my income or reject because i am a student worker....

Can somebody explain the "current annual income" in detail... its only september .. is it an estimate > ?

PLEASE ADVICE>>>>

Thank you!!

Edited by racheldot

Timeline

You should always include most recent 3 month paystubs from the primary sponsor (regardless of old/new jobs). It would also be a great idea to include employment verification letter/offer letter from your husband's current employer detailing the current annual income he is working on.

To answer your other question, i don't think it is advisable to include student worker income if it is less than USCIS poverty guidelines unless otherwise you are planning to use intending immigrant's (you in this case) income too.

Hope this helps.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

When I submitted AOS, my husband had only been at his employer for about a month. I made sure to submit tax returns for the previous year. I think the timing worked for us because we had just submitted tax returns when we sent in the AOS packet. In addition to that, we submitted all of the pay stubs we had from the new job, as well as a letter from the employer describing his position, hourly wages, and projected annual income. The annual income reported by the employer on the letter is what we included on the i-864.

As for your income as a student, if your husband has more than the necessary income, I wouldn't bother submitting your income. However, if you want to, just make sure that the income comes from a job that intents to keep you for a while longer. When I submitted my paperwork, I had two and a half months remaining on my work permit. Because I did not know for sure if i would be able to continue working at my job, I did not include my income.

AOS Package Sent: March 30, 2016

AOS Package Received: March 31, 2016

NOA Received by Mail: April 7, 2016

Biometrics Appointment: May 10, 2016

Biometrics Walk-In: May 9, 2016

Interview Scheduled: July 14, 2016

Timeline

When I submitted AOS, my husband had only been at his employer for about a month. I made sure to submit tax returns for the previous year. I think the timing worked for us because we had just submitted tax returns when we sent in the AOS packet. In addition to that, we submitted all of the pay stubs we had from the new job, as well as a letter from the employer describing his position, hourly wages, and projected annual income. The annual income reported by the employer on the letter is what we included on the i-864.

As for your income as a student, if your husband has more than the necessary income, I wouldn't bother submitting your income. However, if you want to, just make sure that the income comes from a job that intents to keep you for a while longer. When I submitted my paperwork, I had two and a half months remaining on my work permit. Because I did not know for sure if i would be able to continue working at my job, I did not include my income.

Hey Thank you for responding.... the problem is that my husband is a bartender and gets paid weekly, he's been at this job for a month now... also his company now is very corporate and they wont include a fixed yearly salary on his employment verification letter because his shifts fluctuate and sometimes he works 30hrs a week /40hrs a week. we have pay stubs from his last job and as well as his new job... and going to submit all of them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The immigrant's income can only be used if the income will continue from the same source once they become a permanent resident. If yours will, then you can list it where it asks on the USC petitioner/sponsor's I-864, and you must provide proof that it will continue.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.