flootytooty

EAD Possible Without Biometrics?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

We submitted my husband's AOS and EAD applications which were accepted on August 8. We've yet to receive a Biometrics appointment letter and after 30 days, I called USCIS and submitted a service request. I just received an email that states:

"Your case has not been scheduled for Biometrics at this time. You will be notified at the address provided in the application as soon as your application reaches the relevant stage of processing, and as soon as a date for Biometrics can be scheduled."

I realize some people end up waiting quite a while for the Biometrics appointment, but what I'm wondering is can an EAD be issued before the biometrics are done? The USCIS rep on the phone told me that in many cases, it can but couldn't give me a straight answer. I'm just wondering if anyone here who adjusted from a K-1 got an EAD prior to biometrics.

Thank you in advance!

We submitted my husband's AOS and EAD applications which were accepted on August 8. We've yet to receive a Biometrics appointment letter and after 30 days, I called USCIS and submitted a service request. I just received an email that states:

"Your case has not been scheduled for Biometrics at this time. You will be notified at the address provided in the application as soon as your application reaches the relevant stage of processing, and as soon as a date for Biometrics can be scheduled."

I realize some people end up waiting quite a while for the Biometrics appointment, but what I'm wondering is can an EAD be issued before the biometrics are done? The USCIS rep on the phone told me that in many cases, it can but couldn't give me a straight answer. I'm just wondering if anyone here who adjusted from a K-1 got an EAD prior to biometrics.

Thank you in advance!

Hi! A colleague of mine received her EAD before she had her biometrics done so it is possible. There's a place on the front of the EAD where a fingerprint is shown, my colleague's card just has a blank space there.

~~~ J-1 Visiting Scholar AOS based on marriage to USC ~~~

07/08/2016 AOS Package given to FedEx

07/12/2016 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox

07/17/2016 NOA1: 4 e-mails/4 texts received

07/20/2016 Checks cashed and NOA1 hard copies received in mail

07/24/2016 Case numbers started working online

07/31/2016 Biometrics appointment letter received

08/11/2016 Biometrics appointment

08/18/2016 RfE initial evidence for I-485 notice via e-mail (Argh!)

08/24/2016 RfE hardcopy received in mail (left name off one section of I-864 form, grr!!)

08/29/2016 RfE information sent via FedEx to Lee's Summit, MO

09/06/2016 Case updated online to say processing has recommenced after RfE

09/14/2016 Case updated online to say interview scheduled for October 19

09/16/2016 I-797C received in post for Green Card interview

09/22/2016 Case updated online to say new card is being produced (EAD) and EAD & AP approved on the same day!

10/07/2016 Case updated online to say new card has been mailed

10/12/2016 EAD card received (no tracking update received)

10/19/2016 Interview - approved! :dancing: Online updates saying case has been approved and card is in production

10/25/2016 Case updated online - card has been mailed and card has been collected by USPS

10/26/2016 Hardcopy NOAs received saying welcome to the USA and Green Card in hand!!

It's possible, but doesn't happen often.

In these cases the photo is the photo you sent in, and the fingerprint is either blank or the space is marked "Fingerprint not available".

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.