Jump to content

DS 260 Form, Addresses Lived In Since Age 16

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am helping my uncle with filling out his DS 260 USA Immigration Visa Application Form.
In the DS 260 form, there is a field that asks for the addresses in which he lived since the age of 16. He lived in several other countries. But he mostly does not remember the addresses of all the places that he lived in. Also, we read on the internet that if the applicant lives in a different area or country different than his present address, then he must procure police clearance froim that area or country.
My uncle went to those countries many years before. It is not possible for him to go to those countries now to procure police clearance.
My uncle is using a fresh new passport. So I was wondering that to avoid hassle, what if my uncle says no to the question that asks if he had lived any other places than his present address?
Will it jeopardize his Visa application?
Thanks for any help.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dee,
Thanks for the reply.
I understand now that it has dire consequences to lie or provide false information or misinformation in the DS 260 visa application form. Now, I adviced my uncle strongly against providing any false information or misinformation throughout the visa application process, even though providing the true information will require us to go to a lot of trouble to procure lots of extra documents from other countries.
We are searching and browsing the internet to find out ways to obtain police clearance certificates from different countries. Hopefully we will procure all the previous addresses, necessary documents and other paperworks, submit them with the DS 260 form, and the application process will go fair and just.
I already told my uncle and my cousins about your reply to my forum post.
Thank you so much for taking your valuable time and writing this reply with care. Thank you for explaining the procedures for obtaining paperworks in such detail. We will do what you suggested. It was most helpful. Your reply guided us in the right direction. So, thanks again.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.