2 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi,
I am helping my uncle with filling out his DS 260 USA Immigration Visa Application Form.
In the DS 260 form, there is a field that asks for the addresses in which he lived since the age of 16. He lived in several other countries. But he mostly does not remember the addresses of all the places that he lived in. Also, we read on the internet that if the applicant lives in a different area or country different than his present address, then he must procure police clearance froim that area or country.
My uncle went to those countries many years before. It is not possible for him to go to those countries now to procure police clearance.
My uncle is using a fresh new passport. So I was wondering that to avoid hassle, what if my uncle says no to the question that asks if he had lived any other places than his present address?
Will it jeopardize his Visa application?
Thanks for any help.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi Dee,
Thanks for the reply.
I understand now that it has dire consequences to lie or provide false information or misinformation in the DS 260 visa application form. Now, I adviced my uncle strongly against providing any false information or misinformation throughout the visa application process, even though providing the true information will require us to go to a lot of trouble to procure lots of extra documents from other countries.
We are searching and browsing the internet to find out ways to obtain police clearance certificates from different countries. Hopefully we will procure all the previous addresses, necessary documents and other paperworks, submit them with the DS 260 form, and the application process will go fair and just.
I already told my uncle and my cousins about your reply to my forum post.
Thank you so much for taking your valuable time and writing this reply with care. Thank you for explaining the procedures for obtaining paperworks in such detail. We will do what you suggested. It was most helpful. Your reply guided us in the right direction. So, thanks again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.