vanhiscers87

San Fernando Valley/Chatsworth, CA Timeline 2016 (Both NBC & IOE)

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

It seems to me that only some Los Angeles area filers in the March 2016 timeline cared to differentiate that their field office was the San Fernando Valley office in Chatsworth, CA. Among all other months' filers, people just say "Los Angeles, CA," while there are at least 3 of them just in Los Angeles County (let alone Orange and Ventura County). Given the population of the Valley, I simply can't believe they all mean the one in downtown.

Therefore, I'm starting a simpler timeline thread for people who live in the Valley. Then, we could all have a better idea of the field office's timeline.

IOE filer

Priority Date: 8/15/2016

Fingerprints Done: 9/7/2016

In line for Interview:

Interview letter Received:

Interview Date:

Oath Date:

Edited by vanhiscers87

• 3 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband also filed n400 application last august.. and still waiting for the interview schedule.. should we call  to follow up?? 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 12/30/2016 at 2:42 PM, Liesel said:

My husband also filed n400 application last august.. and still waiting for the interview schedule.. should we call  to follow up?? 

Hi, sorry about the late reply. According to USCIS' Processing Time webpage, as of November 30, they were still processing cases filed around May 11, which means if they have maintained the same speed, they're only processing cases filed around July 11 at the moment. We should probably just wait till end of February before following up.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/19/2017 at 7:35 PM, Liesel said:

Any updates for the august 2016 filers?? Thanks

The latest time frame update on February 17 was an error: all form types at all offices have been changed to July 28. USCIS has yet to correct the webpage. Let's assume that the correct update should be exactly one month past the previous one, which would be: As of December 31, San Fernando Valley office was processing N-400 cases filed around June 11. That means, they should be processing August cases about now, but apparently, not quite.

Normally when most cases go beyond 6 months, it can honor a case inquiry, but you wouldn't be able to file an e-request because that portal won't be open for our cases until the official time frame update mentions our month, nor will level 1 customer service help you. Therefore, I chose to ask my senator's office to do an inquiry for me. I sent the request by mail last Friday, and I'm still waiting for a response.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Priority Date: 8/3/2016

Fingerprints Done: 8/29/2016

In line for Interview:

Interview Date:

Oath Date:

Still waiting for the notice of interview.. its been 6 months.. what do we need to do???

Timeline
6 hours ago, Liesel said:

Priority Date: 8/3/2016

Fingerprints Done: 8/29/2016

In line for Interview:

Interview Date:

Oath Date:

Still waiting for the notice of interview.. its been 6 months.. what do we need to do???

Today USCIS first recovered the time frame update before the error, and then they released the new updates.

As of December 31, San Fernando Valley officer is processing N-400 cases filed around May 29, so if they can maintain that speed, they should be working on cases filed around July 29 as of end of this month.

Unfortunately, they probably didn't maintain the speed, because someone on Trackitt who filed July 12 has yet to receive the interview notice.

I'm not sure if you've read my immediate previous post, but you can file a case inquiry if you want, it's just that USCIS will not willingly help you to send the inquiry at the moment because the time frame update hasn't mention our month yet. You can:

1) Ask your senator or congressman's office to inquire for you;

2) Call USCIS customer service and request a Level 2 agent (transfer or call-back);

3) Set up an Infopass appointment at the field office.

2 & 3 will take time from your work, while the info you can get from an Infopass appointment can be extremely unpredictable if not mostly useless. That's why I strongly suggest #1.

Edited by vanhiscers87

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
2 hours ago, vanhiscers87 said:

Today USCIS first recovered the time frame update before the error, and then they released the new updates.

As of December 31, San Fernando Valley officer is processing N-400 cases filed around May 29, so if they can maintain that speed, they should be working on cases filed around July 29 as of end of this month.

Unfortunately, they probably didn't maintain the speed, because someone on Trackitt who filed July 12 has yet to receive the interview notice.

I'm not sure if you've read my immediate previous post, but you can file a case inquiry if you want, it's just that USCIS will not willingly help you to send the inquiry at the moment because the time frame update hasn't mention our month yet. You can:

1) Ask your senator or congressman's office to inquire for you;

2) Call USCIS customer service and request a Level 2 agent (transfer or call-back);

3) Set up an Infopass appointment at the field office.

2 & 3 will take time from your work, while the info you can get from an Infopass appointment can be extremely unpredictable if not mostly useless. That's why I strongly suggest #1.

I think a Senator's office has more important things to do then expedite an N400 application a few weeks off reported processing times, I can imagine 2-3 months might be more sympathetic to them but I think any requests will fall on deaf ears unfortunately unless it's a medical issue etc.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ChristianZane said:

I think a Senator's office has more important things to do then expedite an N400 application a few weeks off reported processing times, I can imagine 2-3 months might be more sympathetic to them but I think any requests will fall on deaf ears unfortunately unless it's a medical issue etc.

If you look at CA senator Diane Feinstein's website, "Help with CaseWork" is listed 2nd under constituent service; it actually explains that helping constituents with issues regarding federal agencies is one of the most important functions of a senator's office, and they have other staff members that are dedicated to different agencies. 

What you're asking is not an expedite request (most people won't qualify anyway) but a case inquiry that can be as easy as an internal e-mail away for them. I've contacted my congressman's office for an expedite request just to try; I didn't qualify obviously, but they did an inquiry for me and they were very prompt about it.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, vanhiscers87 said:

If you look at CA senator Diane Feinstein's website, "Help with CaseWork" is listed 2nd under constituent service; it actually explains that helping constituents with issues regarding federal agencies is one of the most important functions of a senator's office, and they have other staff members that are dedicated to different agencies. 

What you're asking is not an expedite request (most people won't qualify anyway) but a case inquiry that can be as easy as an internal e-mail away for them. I've contacted my congressman's office for an expedite request just to try; I didn't qualify obviously, but they did an inquiry for me and they were very prompt about it.

Ah ok well I'm a bit confused, you say your PD is August 15, according to the official USCIS processing times the Los Angeles office is processing applications in 6 months and 18 days (the Valley is longer), your application has been in queue for six months and less than a week so I'm not sure how any request of a Senator or congress person would receive any attention, my PD is before yours and I have no intention of taking any such action until my case falls out of the official processing times, but I guess it won't hurt other than taking up your time, since we are some lockbox, same office and almost same PD I'll be curious to see who gets a notification first! :)

Timeline
21 minutes ago, ChristianZane said:

Ah ok well I'm a bit confused, you say your PD is August 15, according to the official USCIS processing times the Los Angeles office is processing applications in 6 months and 18 days (the Valley is longer), your application has been in queue for six months and less than a week so I'm not sure how any request of a Senator or congress person would receive any attention, my PD is before yours and I have no intention of taking any such action until my case falls out of the official processing times, but I guess it won't hurt other than taking up your time, since we are some lockbox, same office and almost same PD I'll be curious to see who gets a notification first! :)

First, we aren't even sure what the processing time frame even means: do they mean they just schedule an interview for someone who filed on that date? Do they mean they've interviewed that person? Or they've approved that person?

If anything, we can agree that person I know on Trackitt should have gotten an interview notice, right? It's because the "update" is always 2.5 months off the current month. By the time you see our month on that update, our cases have been off track for 2.5 months.

USCIS is infamously inefficient. Case inquiries are not about what we can get from them; it's more about that as paying customers, we want politicians to know that we're not happy with the services of this federal agency funded largely by immigrants.

Timeline

I've called USCIS twice and that is the info they gave me, you have to abide by their posted processing times posted on the 15th of each month before filing an official inquiry or Outside Normal Processing Request, you can write all the politicians you want, but your case falls well within their posted processing time, we would all love for this process to move faster, but those are the rules unfortunately and how this agency does business, I gave them my PD date and the Tier 2 person I spoke with gave me an exact date to call back based on their posted times to officially file an inquiry with them, which I plan on doing. 

PS: Processing time according to them is amount of time for application to get approved, not interview or ceremony etc.

Edited by ChristianZane

Timeline

This discussion is getting pointless; we obviously have a personality difference. You're comfortable with following authorities' rules, while I'd like to question them when the rules don't make sense. I called USCIS 3 times, and got told the "as of" date doesn't matter, which is obviously BS.

If as of December 31, they have been approving people who filed around May 29, then people who filed around July 12 should have received an interview notice by now.

I've received responses to inquiries twice now when my cases are "within" the 2.5-month-off time frame update: once during Removal of Condition when a Level 1(?) CSR just did it without asking about filing date, and once by accident via congressman's office. Therefore, I'm telling you, you don't have to wait for the update for an inquiry, but if you like to wait, it's fine, just please don't imply that people who question the authority are simply over-reacting. 

Edited by vanhiscers87

Timeline

Perhaps a therapist is a better bet than this forum for your issues with authority, but I'm just telling you what they told me.  You've done a lot of complaining and I've done nothing and we're still both in same boat: no approval as of yet.  But good luck to you we should see some movement in the coming weeks, signing off from this thread....

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ChristianZane said:

Perhaps a therapist is a better bet than this forum for your issues with authority, but I'm just telling you what they told me.  You've done a lot of complaining and I've done nothing and we're still both in same boat: no approval as of yet.  But good luck to you we should see some movement in the coming weeks, signing off from this thread....

Well actually, I was the one that answered the question posed by someone else; I suggest the route via senator's office, but I overall give 3 choices. You're the one that hijacked the discussion by implying my overreaction... I always think people who speak unnecessarily to show their importance need more counseling...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.