vanhiscers87

San Fernando Valley/Chatsworth, CA Timeline 2016 (Both NBC & IOE)

77 posts in this topic

I hope so too. If get my citizenship by May before June, I will be very happy and expedite my US passport.  

Thanks ChristianZane. 

I called last tuesday  and they say I have to wait, nothing they can do. I filed Aug 19. Sept 12 was my biometrics. 

Today I tried to create an E-request but they won't let me, saying my case is still under normal processing time.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Lane O said:

I called last tuesday  and they say I have to wait, nothing they can do. I filed Aug 19. Sept 12 was my biometrics. 

Today I tried to create an E-request but they won't let me, saying my case is still under normal processing time.

For the LA office, you can file an e-request on June 3 according to their website, which shows file being processed as of March 8 on June 23 of last year.  It says on the top of the processing page "Field Office Processing Dates for Los Angeles CA as of: January 31, 2017", but the L2 rep I talked to said the date they are processing as of the date on the bottom right corner of the page (right now March 8) is how to base the processing time on, I hope he is wrong on that and it's actually the January 31.  However, when I have tried to file an e-request based on that January 31 timeline, it says I still fall within the processing time based on the March 8 date, which would be 8 months and 15 days.

I'm looking at San Fernando Valley CA field office. I think that my field  office since I live here in San Fernando Valley. 

They are now processing June 20, 2016. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lane O said:

I'm looking at San Fernando Valley CA field office. I think that my field  office since I live here in San Fernando Valley. 

They are now processing June 20, 2016. 

Ok then you would have to wait about a month and half to file the e-request :(

OMG! I thought its gonna be quick. 

When my husband filed his last year April 2016, it only take less than 5 months. He filed April and everything was done by mid August. 

His receipt say NBC though...I don't know  if this IOE is the reason why it taking so long. 

Edited by Lane O

Timeline
Just now, Lane O said:

OMG! I thought its gonna be quick. 

When my husband filed his, it only take less than 5 months. He filed April and everything was done by mid August. 

His receipt say NBC though...I don't if this IOE is the reason why it taking so long. 

When I filed in August, the processing time was 5 months, since then it has changed to 8.5 months, I posted this another thread, but when I called L2 he said they were flooded with N400s before and especially after election, so they are completely swamped and processing times are doubling in some cases, just be thankful you are in the stage of the game and not filing now!

Yes you are right. Imagine the wait of the new filers. Probably will be more than 8.5 months, I hope not. 

Anyway, all we can do is wait and hoping we get an update soon as possible. 

Edited by Lane O

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Lane O said:

Yes you are right. Imagine the wait of the new filers. Probably will be more than 8.5 months, I hope not. 

Anyway, all we can do is wait and hoping we get an update soon as possible. 

Well if it makes you feel any better, I spoke with someone else here from the Phoenix lockbox/LA area office who filed July 21st and was sent his approval letter/date about 7 months and one week later:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=163950

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Liesel said:

Any updates Christian?

San Fernando and LA offices are pretty much the same.  I'm over 7 months now since official filing date and will post when I get an offical NOA2 and interview date (hopefully within the next 30 days).

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 3/10/2017 at 2:58 AM, ChristianZane said:

Ok then you would have to wait about a month and half to file the e-request :(

What is e request?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Liesel said:

What is e request?

Request to inquire online about your case being outside their posted processing times:

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?sroPageType=onpt

Don't waste your time filling this out unless your priority date is past what they officially post for processing on their webpage, if you submit form it will say it can't be requested.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.