jondexplorer

Annulment Attorney

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello, my name is Jon.

I am very sure my story is not unique, but I feel this may be one of my only places to turn to for answers. Many months ago, I met a beautiful, sincere, and caring Filipina. Her personality, speech, character, and drive inspired me, intrigued me, and before we knew it we were madly in love. However one glaring issue stands in our way to starting a family and uniting our families. She needs an annulment, from her husband she hasn't seen in two years. I have been spending days and weeks studying the Annulment process to gain a handle on the necessary formalities but I need help in locating an attorney in the Mindanao area that is well connected, very hard working, and effective. I know it will not be cheap, but neither of us can live without the other.

Any information or assistance is welcomed, thank you

Here is a good lawyer that others spoke of. Atty. Dimpna (Dimples) D. Bermejo-Dulay and she is located in Davao City. I don't know if she is in your area but she could recommend one for you I'm sure.

I don't have a phone number but Google may.

Also this link is about 3 years old but good write ups on her. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/419259-need-recommendation-for-a-fast-reliable-philippine-annulment-lawyer/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Thank you very much, my girlfriend is closer to Butuan City but we would both be willing to make the effort to Davao if it means we could be together. I am going to do extensive research on both the atty you provided and the link you sent.

Again, thank you.

YW

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey there, Jon! Welcome aboard, brother!

I can definitely relate to your situation! Filipina women are some of the most golden-hearted people I've ever met. A treasure waiting to be discovered by those of us who've gotten sick of the <ahem> usual pathways for finding genuine loving relationships.
Sadly, Filipinas are stuck in a system that discriminates against them, making it almost impossible for them to get out of marriages where they are abandoned, abused, cheated on, etc, etc.
Well, "almost", but not quite impossible! :) I'm sure you two will be able to work it out with enough persistence. I'm sorry I can't offer any genuine help besides encouragement, but I'm least sending prayers and positive thoughts your way for everything to work out and for you two to be together.
Joel

Please check out my music video for "Bright Side of the World", the song I wrote for my fiancee. You can watch the video on YouTube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKu3SvqCBfg

Thanks for listening! :)

Joel

Thank you Joel, when ewe first me I was only trying to gain more friends in Asia before I do some traveling. I didn't want to be completely out there without a single person to go to when I need something explained or understood. And well, little by little she charmed me. One thing lead to another and well, feelings began to develop between us. We have talked to each others parents and well, the annulment thing is the only thing holding us back. So we've decided to handle it this November and we are both actively looking, talking, and evaluating lawyers to help her become free. We both know it will not be a short journey, but we at least want to go thorough this process with a lawyer we are both comfortable with.

Thank you for your prayers, we will definitely need it.

• 1 year later...
On 9/5/2016 at 10:12 PM, Greenbaum said:

Here is a good lawyer that others spoke of. Atty. Dimpna (Dimples) D. Bermejo-Dulay and she is located in Davao City. I don't know if she is in your area but she could recommend one for you I'm sure.

I don't have a phone number but Google may.

Also this link is about 3 years old but good write ups on her. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/419259-need-recommendation-for-a-fast-reliable-philippine-annulment-lawyer/

I couldnt find her law firm or any contact number in the internet. Can u give me atleast an address or a contact number. Badly need your help

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

5 hours ago, morgan2017 said:

I couldnt find her law firm or any contact number in the internet. Can u give me atleast an address or a contact number. Badly need your help

I don't have any additional information only what I had posted in my reply that you sight. You may want to contact the Court House in Davao City and inquire. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

• 6 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi good day

I know her FB account since i messaged her last year but unfortunately i decided to hire an attorney here in cebu... Dimp Duly her FB account

• 9 months later...

Hello, I am Jondexplorer, 

I could not find a way back into my old account. So I made a new one to continue my story and to seek additional help. Anyhow, it is closing on 3 years and nearly 180,000 php spent. And so far we are only at the first witness interogation. 

I did try and contact the Dimples person, but it was a dead end. Fortunately it lead to a list of of attorney and family law practice people in the area that I used to contact a large range of attorneys to learn fees, there process, so on and so forth. My question is, has anyone here successfully completed their cases and if so how long, and at what cost. Lastly who did you work with attorney wise?

37 minutes ago, Jondxplorer said:

Hello, I am Jondexplorer, 

I could not find a way back into my old account. So I made a new one to continue my story and to seek additional help. Anyhow, it is closing on 3 years and nearly 180,000 php spent. And so far we are only at the first witness interogation. 

I did try and contact the Dimples person, but it was a dead end. Fortunately it lead to a list of of attorney and family law practice people in the area that I used to contact a large range of attorneys to learn fees, there process, so on and so forth. My question is, has anyone here successfully completed their cases and if so how long, and at what cost. Lastly who did you work with attorney wise?

My wife's annulment took 2 years and cosy about 350,000 pesos.  I'm not sure what lawyer she used.  This was about 6 years ago.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

26 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

My wife's annulment took 2 years and cosy about 350,000 pesos.  I'm not sure what lawyer she used.  This was about 6 years ago.

Thank you, ours is approaching 3 years this December. It seems to be a losing battle though, that is why I am seeking more information on what could be done and which attorney other people succeeded with.

1 hour ago, Jondxplorer said:

Thank you, ours is approaching 3 years this December. It seems to be a losing battle though, that is why I am seeking more information on what could be done and which attorney other people succeeded with.

Damn...have you tried greasing the wheel?  That was supposed to have been stopped but treats for the office go a long way.  I believe my wife's annulment was actually 250,000 pesos but there was an additional 100,000 pesos in "gifts".

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

7 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Damn...have you tried greasing the wheel?  That was supposed to have been stopped but treats for the office go a long way.  I believe my wife's annulment was actually 250,000 pesos but there was an additional 100,000 pesos in "gifts".

I have suggested that but both of us do not know who is best advised to accept these gifts. And if said person will actually do what they say.

But rest assured that if anyone knew of someone why would love a nice gift I would be sure to ask them how early of a Christmas they would like.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.