dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview October 2016

827 posts in this topic

question?? were waiting for the schedule of the interview of my wife and daugther. when we gonna have the schedule?

the nvc send me this one..

Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your documents on 14-JUL-16. We are experiencing a high volume of incoming mail at this time. Please allow 30 days from the date we received your mail for the NVC to review your documents. We are diligently working to reduce our review time and appreciate your patience. The NVC will notify you after our review if there is additional information required or if we are able to schedule your case for an interview overseas.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

the nvc send me this one..

Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your documents on 14-JUL-16. We are experiencing a high volume of incoming mail at this time. Please allow 30 days from the date we received your mail for the NVC to review your documents. We are diligently working to reduce our review time and appreciate your patience. The NVC will notify you after our review if there is additional information required or if we are able to schedule your case for an interview overseas.

Well seems like while ago.. you should give them call and find out.

is there any website to check about my case? because i filled a petetion for my wife and daugther when i was greencard holder. and then i just became a citizen last month. aug 26.. i already send my naturalization certificate to them..

Timeline

should i call them? what they need if i call the nvc? i mean what do i need to prefare?

Firstly they will ask for your case number usually start with "bmb" and then will ask for your wife full name and her date of birth, and then it will ask you who are you and ask for your full name.

They are close right now..

(603) 334-0700 Customer Service Representatives can speak with you Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. EST to 12:00 midnight EST

Timeline

is there any website to check about my case? because i filled a petetion for my wife and daugther when i was greencard holder. and then i just became a citizen last month. aug 26.. i already send my naturalization certificate to them..

Did you send them tax returns and police clearance of your wife and etc..?

yeah i send them everything what they ask for me to send.. i send my income tax return..my wife nbi clearance out marriage certificate. their passport.. where just waiting for out schedule interview.. but we are waiting for so long..

Timeline

yeah i send them everything what they ask for me to send.. i send my income tax return..my wife nbi clearance out marriage certificate. their passport.. where just waiting for out schedule interview.. but we are waiting for so long..

Well looks like you need to call them and find out.

(603) 334-0700 Customer Service Representatives can speak with you Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. EST to 12:00 midnight EST

this the last email that i recieved from the NVC..

21-SEP-16

Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicants visa application.

NVC schedules appointments one month in advance. The U.S. Embassy tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as they become documentarily qualified. Most appointments are set within three months of NVCs receipt of all requested documentation. However, before applicants in a numerically limited (preference) visa category can receive an appointment, their priority date must also be current. This can delay receipt of an appointment. You can track your priority date using the Visa Bulletin on travel.state.gov.

When an appointment is available, we will notify the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable). The applicant can prepare now by reading about the embassys interview requirements online at nvc.state.gov/interview. Thank you for your patience.

The embassy may require additional documents at the interview. For example, if the following three items are all true, the applicant must bring a new police certificate to the visa interview:

He or she is more than 16 years old;

The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and

He or she still lives in the country that issued the certificate.

The applicant should not make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the embassy has issued a visa.

Sincerely,

National Visa Center

this the last email that i recieved from the NVC..

21-SEP-16

Dear Sir/Madam,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all the requested documentation for this immigrant visa case. The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer will adjudicate the applicants visa application.

NVC schedules appointments one month in advance. The U.S. Embassy tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as they become documentarily qualified. Most appointments are set within three months of NVCs receipt of all requested documentation. However, before applicants in a numerically limited (preference) visa category can receive an appointment, their priority date must also be current. This can delay receipt of an appointment. You can track your priority date using the Visa Bulletin on travel.state.gov.

When an appointment is available, we will notify the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable). The applicant can prepare now by reading about the embassys interview requirements online at nvc.state.gov/interview. Thank you for your patience.

The embassy may require additional documents at the interview. For example, if the following three items are all true, the applicant must bring a new police certificate to the visa interview:

He or she is more than 16 years old;

The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; and

He or she still lives in the country that issued the certificate.

The applicant should not make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the embassy has issued a visa.

Sincerely,

National Visa Center

I just read that you are a green card holder however your status just changed recently and you submitted the required doc for that? If yes then you need to call NVC. After submitting documents, you have to call NVC to make sure they received it. It seemed they already scanned your documents. Even though you are waiting for the interview, you might want to call NVC and speak to them about your recent change of status and to find out how it will effect interview date.

It is always best to call and talk to them rather than them contacting you. I got this similar letter when I was scheduled for interview but in your case it might be different. You have to be proactive with NVC because often they don't contact you but it seems this year they are very consistent with their emails.

I wish you the best.

MrsBugz and Bosna: Congratulations! I know how long you have been waiting, especially you Bosna!

Congratulations to all other approvals! Happy for you!

Medial on Monday so we are almost there...

yeah i was a green card holder when the time i filed a petition for them.. i just got my certificate of citizenship last august 26 2016.. i did send all the docs required for that.. were just waiting for the schedule or their interview.. thankyou..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.