BlessingDawn

I-130 August 2016 Filers

827 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, susanm26 said:

Oh I know you are so nervous!!!! I have been thinking about y'all!!!

please let me know if he is able to board!

He got through check in, immigration, and is now outside the gate waiting to board!! I think he's going to be ok! Ugh I wish I had looked into this a long time ago!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, nicoleelaine said:

He got through check in, immigration, and is now outside the gate waiting to board!! I think he's going to be ok! Ugh I wish I had looked into this a long time ago!

That's great news!!!! So did he board the plane and is on his way over?!

13 hours ago, Sneew said:

Hello Everyone

My husband filed for me in August and on the 1st of September 2016 USCIS sent us a notice that they have received it and it is being processed in Nebraska. But this month of February 2017 my status got updated that Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction. And that they have sent the hardcopy in mail explaining why. We where told in the hard copy that it was sent to Texas Service Center to speed up the process. Please does anyone have an idea how long it will take for it to be approved? And how long the Texas Service Center takes. Thanks. All the best to everyone in the wait.

Texas will take your original date, if you look down the VJ timelines, they do not appear to hold you back, many go forward faster. Texas is good.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 2/22/2017 at 0:51 PM, chamma said:

Well, we have a new update today to the processing timelines..

It reads --- As of Dec 31 2016 they had processed all applications until Aug 2 2016...

Processing times 22nd Feb 2017.pdf

California Service centre says they are processing I-130 for F2A till Aug 23, 2016 and IR1/CR1 till Sep 2016. Anyone applied to CSC and have a PD before Sep 16 2016 and got their I-130 approval.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/23/2017 at 10:17 AM, DaveTaiwan said:

Well done, congrats!

Thank You

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SJLOVE said:

I just got approved!!!!!!!!:jest::D

My PD was August 15.

Congratulations! was it a text or an email?

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

9 hours ago, susanm26 said:

That's great news!!!! So did he board the plane and is on his way over?!

Yes he was able to board and is now about an hour from San Francisco. He text me from the plane's wifi. He said he'd let me know when he gets through customs in San Francisco...I'm still a bit nervous about that. After that he will fly home to Austin! Should be arriving at 2:45! I have to much to do this morning.. like CLEAN haha!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, nicoleelaine said:

Yes he was able to board and is now about an hour from San Francisco. He text me from the plane's wifi. He said he'd let me know when he gets through customs in San Francisco...I'm still a bit nervous about that. After that he will fly home to Austin! Should be arriving at 2:45! I have to much to do this morning.. like CLEAN haha!

I feel as nervous as I would be if it were me!!!! Please keep me posted!!! I know you will just be ecstatic when he arrives!

1 hour ago, nicoleelaine said:

Forget the cleaning, have a haircut and go pamper yourself ..... housework can wait :devil:..... I do not think he will care that much about it either until jet lag wears off you have many hours to clean ........ just make sure there are cold beers and easy food in reach in the fridge for those jet lag munchy moments! 

1 hour ago, susanm26 said:

I feel as nervous as I would be if it were me!!!! Please keep me posted!!! I know you will just be ecstatic when he arrives!

It is better than the news ticker from Bloomberg ! 

53 minutes ago, Patient said:

Forget the cleaning, have a haircut and go pamper yourself ..... housework can wait :devil:..... I do not think he will care that much about it either until jet lag wears off you have many hours to clean ........ just make sure there are cold beers and easy food in reach in the fridge for those jet lag munchy moments! 

Ok so. He has a tourist visa that expires in a year. Because they question anyone who has a tourist visa for longer than three months, they pulled him into "Level 2" security. Sounds intimidating but they just sat him in a room and asked him questions for ten minutes. He said they weren't hard questions, they just wanted to know what he was doing, who he was staying with, when he was returning to Australia, etc. He offered to show his paperwork, but they said don't worry about it. He told me this isn't the first time he's been questioned while entering the US on a long term visa, so it's quite common. The pending I-130 was not even mentioned. I don't think they even knew about it, so tell your husband not to bring it up at all.

After that, he walked through the regular security for domestic flights since he has a connecting flight to Austin. Talk about a nervous breakdown when he initially said he was going through customs and I didn't hear from him for about 45 minutes. But he's through immigration waiting to board his Austin flight!!! His flight is ahead of schedule so he'll be landing at 2:15!

Timeline
1 minute ago, nicoleelaine said:

Ok so. He has a tourist visa that expires in a year. Because they question anyone who has a tourist visa for longer than three months, they pulled him into "Level 2" security. Sounds intimidating but they just sat him in a room and asked him questions for ten minutes. He said they weren't hard questions, they just wanted to know what he was doing, who he was staying with, when he was returning to Australia, etc. He offered to show his paperwork, but they said don't worry about it. He told me this isn't the first time he's been questioned while entering the US on a long term visa, so it's quite common. The pending I-130 was not even mentioned. I don't think they even knew about it, so tell your husband not to bring it up at all.

After that, he walked through the regular security for domestic flights since he has a connecting flight to Austin. Talk about a nervous breakdown when he initially said he was going through customs and I didn't hear from him for about 45 minutes. But he's through immigration waiting to board his Austin flight!!! His flight is ahead of schedule so he'll be landing at 2:15!

I just got chills reading that!     I am sooooo happy for y'all and it gives me so much hope!!!!

enjoy your hubby!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Just now, susanm26 said:

I just got chills reading that!     I am sooooo happy for y'all and it gives me so much hope!!!!

enjoy your hubby!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you! Please let me know how it works out with yours!! I'm glad that sharing my story helped even just one person. This kind of situation can be so devastating to someone's life.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.