emerald24

PLEASE HELP!! NVC SENT OUR CASE TO A WRONG EMBASSY [merged threads]

14 posts in this topic

Hi VJer's,

We need your help. Does anyone experience here that their case has been sent to a wrong Embassy? Our case should be in Abu dhabi UAE. But by mistake it was sent to Riyadh which i feel so stupid. This are very important and how they send the cases without checking the place properly.

We called NVC and advise us to contact Abu Dhabi UAE which did already. We sent email since its hard to catch them thru phone. This is so frustrating. Anyone can give us good advise? Is it right to contact embassy and not the NVC to rectify their fault? I believe our case should change as the code in it is refers to Riyadh and only NVC is the one doing that right?

Please help. :(

May 9,2016: = sent i-129f to USCIS

May 13,2016 : = uscis app NOA1

May 17,2016: = NOA1 rcvd and dated same date

June 16, 2016: = Updated petitioner Date of Birth ( USCIS mispelled it )

August 3,2016: = NOA2. I checked our case to app and its APRROVED!!!! yehey "Thanks LORD" :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

August 9,2016: = NOA2 hardcopy received Dated August 3,2016 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
August 16, 2016: = NVC RECEIVED OUR CASE :)
Aug 18, 2016: = Case # INV #
CASE STATUS: = "IN TRANSIT" praying to be ready so soon!! (L)
Aug 21, 2016: = Case Status " READY " thank you LORD. :idea:
Aug 22, 2016: = Received Packet 3. But found out our case mistakenly sent to wrong US Embassy. :cry:
Aug 28,2016: = CASE IN TRANSFER PROCESSING :idea:
Sept 1, 2016: = CASE Received by Abu Dhabi USEM status "READY" ...YESSS :)
Sept 7:29: = case status date change still "READY"
October 20,2016: = RECEIVED PACKET 3!! YAY..THANK YOU LORD
October 27,2016: = Interview. Guide me O' Lord and approved our petition. Thank you. :) APPROVED!!!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I advise you to contact embassy Riyadh to let them know about the mistake. NVC can't do anything at this point because the embassy already has it (or it's in transit). If Riyadh knows about the mistake, they can forward your case file to the appropriate place.

My Convoluted Story (see my profile for more details)
Jun 2009 - Met on Facebook
Mar 2010 - Visited Morocco for the first time, got engaged
Dec 30, 2011 - Wedding in Morocco (5th visit)
I-130/CR-1 (first time around)
31 Aug 2012 - Priority Date (Vermont, transferred to NBC)
31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
27Jul 2013 - Broke up/Separation (while waiting for case complete at NVC)
9 Jan 2014 - Filed for divorce in US (never completed)
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
May 2015 - Reconciliation
Nov 2015 - Vacation together in Spain (7th in-person visit with each other)
I-130/IR-1 (second time around)
4 Feb 2016 - Priority Date
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

17 May 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned

31 May 2016 - Sent AOS/IV package to NVC

5 Jul 2016 - NVC Case Complete

10 Aug 2016 - Medical Exam

25 Aug 2016 - Interview - APPROVED

1 Sep 2016 - Husband picked up his visa

Husband POE'd @ IAD - 5 November

I advise you to contact embassy Riyadh to let them know about the mistake. NVC can't do anything at this point because the embassy already has it (or it's in transit). If Riyadh knows about the mistake, they can forward your case file to the appropriate place.

We will do that too. Thank you for your advise and quick response.

August 3,2016: = NOA2. I checked our case to app and its APRROVED!!!! yehey "Thanks LORD" :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

August 9,2016: = NOA2 hardcopy received Dated August 3,2016 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
Aug 22, 2016: = Received Packet 3. But found out our case mistakenly sent to wrong US Embassy. :cry:
October 27,2016: = Interview. Guide me O' Lord and approved our petition. Thank you. :) APPROVED!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJer's,

We need your help. Does anyone experience here that their case has been sent to a wrong Embassy? Our case should be in Abu dhabi UAE. But by mistake it was sent to Riyadh which i feel so stupid. This are very important and how they send the cases without checking the place properly.

We called NVC and advise us to contact Abu Dhabi UAE which did already. We sent email since its hard to catch them thru phone. This is so frustrating. Anyone can give us good advise? Is it right to contact embassy and not the NVC to rectify their fault? I believe our case should change as the code in it is refers to Riyadh and only NVC is the one doing that right?

FIRST OF.... RELAX.... This is common practice. The embassy it was sent to will see that's it's in wrong location and will forward it on. Time work is about a extra 5 days. I had same thing happen to me twice. LOL ... You did all you can do right now. Enjoy some green tea.

George

FIRST OF.... RELAX.... This is common practice. The embassy it was sent to will see that's it's in wrong location and will forward it on. Time work is about a extra 5 days. I had same thing happen to me twice. LOL ... You did all you can do right now. Enjoy some green tea.

George

OMG George i really feel bad now. What did you do when they sent your case into a wrong embassy? Thank you soo much for your response. I feel more better now. LOL. I really got worried coz i thought it will take another week/s before it will rectify.

Hi VJer's,

omg :( sorry to hear about this. how did you find this out? was it through the nvc letter? Hope it will get sorted out soon.

omg :( sorry to hear about this. how did you find this out? was it through the nvc letter? Hope it will get sorted out soon.

Yes. My fiance ( petitioner ) received an email of our packet 3 and its from US Embassy Riyahd Saudi. So sad. Were both super happy but then when we found out that it was from Riyahd we got shock. Its soo annoying.

George

Hi George,

We have emailed both embassy and Riyadh response was we have to communicate to Abu Dhabi USEM and ask approval to them. Thats then they can transfer our case. Im still worried about it. I just wanna know what action you did before?

Thank you and hope you'l reply.

Im really in need of a good advise. This is my second post with the same topic but i havent get a lot of advise on my first post so here I am asking for your advise again and hope to get more.

We file our K1 visa and its been approved already. Everything went so fast and smooth processing until NVC sent our case to a wrong USEM. Im so frustrated now. Our case was sent to Riyadh USEM and i cant see any reason how they made a mistake on the place. I never been into that country and we mentioned clearly that our case will be address here in Abu Dhabi USEM UAE. We called NVC but they said they cant do anything on it and just contact the Abu Dhabi to sent a request in Riyadh. We sent email to both of the USEM and so far got an answer to Riyadh. Saying we have to request the same thing to abu dhabi. but we havent get any response yet.

Please help us. Im so worried of our situation. I cant even sleep now. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Edited by emerald24

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum and is merged with existing thread. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

An Embassy will normally not automatically transfer a case if it has that Embassy's code in the case number, as they have to assume that you wanted it sent there. (They might have done something if it had arrived with Abu Dhabi's code in the case number, but you indicated it was actually assigned to Riydah, if I read your post correctly.)

NVC assigns the case number that includes the Embassy processing post in it (or the wrong one, apparently in your case!), but has no control over what happens with the file once it has been shipped to an Embassy; therefore, you need to follow the procedure NVC said -- contact Adu Dhabi. Riyadh cannot take any action based on your request; it has to come to them from Abu Dhabi.

You first have to contact the US Embassy in Adu Dhabi and ask that they accept your case for processing and that they request the case file from Riyadh, explaining why you want it to be processed in UAE (i.e., it was assigned to the wrong Embassy as your fiancee is in UAE, etc.). After they receive that request, they will contact Riyadh and request the case file from Riyadh. Once Riyadh gets the request from Abu Dhabi, they will send the case file there.

I'm sorry you have this added process to correct what seems like a simple mistake, but it's in place to prevent applicants from "Embassy shopping" and trying to get a case moved to a country where they think it might get processed faster or easier, when the case was properly assigned and the applicant has no real reason to change. It also helps Embassies control workload and visa numbers (for the numerically-limited cases that require visa numbers to be allocated before the visa can be approved, but that's not applicable in your case, of course).

Edited by jan22

Yeah, that's why they sent it to Riyadh because NVC assigned a wrong Case number. That's how it looks like and was clear that they did not read our form carefully.

Anyhow, we cant do anything now but to wait til abu dhabi response to our email. I just want to know if it will take long. One of the VJ'ers experienced same situation said it took 5days to them to transfer the case. Im just hoping ours will the same.

Thank you so much for your response. :dancing:

Hello Guys,

Just an update.

So we already received email today from ABU DHABI USEM and they said they already request transfer to Riyadh. Yay... :dancing::dancing::dancing:

• 9 months later...
On 8/28/2016 at 1:56 PM, emerald24 said:

Hello Guys,

Just an update.

So we already received email today from ABU DHABI USEM and they said they already request transfer to Riyadh. Yay... :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Hello there.

What email did you use for Abu Dhabi? I've gone to their site several times and it gives a 404 error when I click on "contact us".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.