Bengalita

i864 questions about sponsor & household members

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hi everyone. Just want to be sure. This looks long and complicated but I don't think it really is.

Scenario:

Petitioner/Sponsor does not make enough to sponsor a family of 5.

She is petitioning for her K-1 fiance and the stepdaughter. The other 2 dependents are her parents for whom she petitioned residency for and is still legally bound until they become citizens. So in all, it's a family of 5.

Petitioner/Sponsor lives in the same household with her parents and wants to use them as household members. Her parents are married and file jointly. Their total income as a couple is $50,000

Combined income of Petitioner/Sponsor and her both parents as household members comes to about $83,000... well over the needed amount to sponsor household of 5.

(Petitioner/Sponsor annual income is $33,000)

(Father's income is $37,000)

(Mother's income is $13,000)

--Total combined income is $83,000--

On i-864, part 6, Petitioner/Sponsor puts her total annual income of $33,000

Part 6, item 3, Petitioner/Sponsor puts that she wants to use the 'following household members' income, and puts her: 1) Father's name and his individual income of $37,000 2) Mother's name and her individual income of $13,000.

In item 15, she puts the current annual household income (all 3 people combined) amount of $83,000

Then...

Father fills out i-864a

Mother fills out i-864a

Is there anything that is missing or incorrect with the above information? Should this suffice in order to support the Fiance and the stepdaugther?

Thanks for your input.

Edited by Bengalita

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone. Just want to be sure. This looks long and complicated but I don't think it really is.

Scenario:

Petitioner/Sponsor does not make enough to sponsor a family of 5.

She is petitioning for her K-1 fiance and the stepdaughter. The other 2 dependents are her parents for whom she petitioned residency for and is still legally bound until they become citizens. So in all, it's a family of 5.

Petitioner/Sponsor lives in the same household with her parents and wants to use them as household members. Her parents are married and file jointly. Their total income as a couple is $50,000

Combined income of Petitioner/Sponsor and her both parents as household members comes to about $83,000... well over the needed amount to sponsor household of 5.

(Petitioner/Sponsor annual income is $33,000)

(Father's income is $37,000)

(Mother's income is $13,000)

--Total combined income is $83,000--

On i-864, part 6, Petitioner/Sponsor puts her total annual income of $33,000

Part 6, item 3, Petitioner/Sponsor puts that she wants to use the 'following household members' income, and puts her: 1) Father's name and his individual income of $37,000 2) Mother's name and her individual income of $13,000.

In item 15, she puts the current annual household income (all 3 people combined) amount of $83,000

Then...

Father fills out i-864a

Mother fills out i-864a

Is there anything that is missing or incorrect with the above information? Should this suffice in order to support the Fiance and the stepdaugther?

Thanks for your input.

Everything looks great as for as financial support from both the petitioner & co-sponsors. You only need to use the correct form.

Affidavit of support for K-1 requires form

I-134 NOT I-864.

I-134--->100% poverty guidelines

I-864--->125% poverty guidelines

Https://travel.state.gov

Edited by SB&RH

Timeline

Hi. I'm sorry, I should have specified. This is actually for an ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS petition. The K-1 and K-2 people have already arrived with K-visas and marriage has already taken place. So yes, an I-864 would need to be filed.

Also, in your reply, you use the term co-sponsors, but you actually mean 'household members', right?

So the parents of petitioner/sponsor can be considered as household members, correct? Both of them?

And yes, they all live in the same household. Their driver licenses prove it.

I await your confirmation reply. Thanks so much!!!!

Everything looks great as for as financial support from both the petitioner & co-sponsors. You only need to use the correct form.

Affidavit of support for K-1 requires form
I-134 NOT I-864.

I-134--->100% poverty guidelines
I-864--->125% poverty guidelines

Https://travel.state.gov

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Fam.-based AOS Forum~

~Similar topics are discussed at this forum, past K1~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi. I'm sorry, I should have specified. This is actually for an ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS petition. The K-1 and K-2 people have already arrived with K-visas and marriage has already taken place. So yes, an I-864 would need to be filed.

Also, in your reply, you use the term co-sponsors, but you actually mean 'household members', right?

So the parents of petitioner/sponsor can be considered as household members, correct? Both of them?

And yes, they all live in the same household. Their driver licenses prove it.

I await your confirmation reply. Thanks so much!!!!

Yes, the correct terminology is qualifying household members, not co-sponsors.

Yes, it is correct that his parents can supply I-864A forms to go along with his I-864. You can have more than one qualifying household member. They just need to provide proof of relationship and that they reside together. Be sure they also provide proof of their current incomes and not just the joint taxes.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Yes, the correct terminology is qualifying household members, not co-sponsors.

Yes, it is correct that his parents can supply I-864A forms to go along with his I-864. You can have more than one qualifying household member. They just need to provide proof of relationship and that they reside together. Be sure they also provide proof of their current incomes and not just the joint taxes.

Thanks so much guys!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.