ShaunSky

K1 Visa Questions [Sydney, Australia]

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello everyone, my name is Shaun

I am from Sydney Australia.

So I have been trying to find out the following questions on the forum, but I cant seem to find the answer I am after. So please don't flame me if the same questions are elsewhere =]

My fiance and I recently took the leap and started our K1 petition process in late May of this year.

So far we have received out NOA1 and NOA2.

We were then shortly notified that our petition had been forwarded to the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney.

My fiance received an email not long after advising that I needed to create a profile on UStravelDocs & to email ustraveldocs with a completed DS 160 form & Case id, I believe this is to lock in a appointment.

2 nights ago I completed my DS-160 online and last night I made a a profile with UStravelDocs and payed the processing fee.

Now from reading others experiences I will be shortly receiving an email + payment processed from the US consulate.

My questions are as following:

1. In the email that we will be receiving does anyone know if they particular medical centers they use as preference for the medical exam?

2. In the email will it be advising what sort of police check I will need to undertake?

Any help would be appreciated. Even anyone who has gone through the same experience as myself in regards to the K1 petition and doing it in Australia.

Thank you all in advance

Shaun & Sky

Timeline

I just posted this in another thread but I thought I'd add it here to help you out:

Regarding the police check:

Download and print this form, fill it out (it has a spot for a visa number if you want to pay by card, or you can attach a money order for the fees):
https://afpnationalp...ffline_form.pdf

Go to your local/nearby police station and get them to do a NON CRIMINAL fingerprinting. You will get to take the sheet with the prints on it. My station had some confusion and thought I needed a specific form to put my prints onto, but I told them just to do it on the same sheets they use when they bring someone in off the street for an offence. He just crossed out the section about what crime I had committed and used the usual spots for my fingerprints.

Bundle the fingerprints AND your completed forms together and post them to:

Australian Federal Police
Criminal Records
Locked Bag 8550
Canberra City
ACT 2601

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They will email you when it's been processed and to let you know they've sent the certificate to you. It took about 30 days to receive my hard copy clearance certificate in the mail. That's what I will take to the interview.

The actual National Police Checks website section is linked below, I just wanted to give the link above for the offline form as it took a bit of hunting for me to find it initially.
https://www.afp.gov....l-police-checks

Regarding the approved panel doctors currently in Australia:
https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/SYD%20-%20Sydney.pdf

I hope this helps :)

Edited by LilAus

K1 Process
28/6/2016 - I129-F sent
6/7/2016 - NOA 1 text
13/7/2016 - NOA1 Hardcopy
22/8/2016 - NOA2
6/9/2016 - NVC Case number received
20/9/2016 - Medical
27/9/2016 - Interview (Approved)
1/10/2016 - Visa in hand

19/1/2017 - POE
?/?/2017 - Married

AOS Process

Timeline

Following this post! Thank you for the info - We're waiting for our NOA2, is it too early to get the police check and medical exam done? Especially if it's going to take 30 days?

Timeline

Following this post! Thank you for the info - We're waiting for our NOA2, is it too early to get the police check and medical exam done? Especially if it's going to take 30 days?

The police check is valid for 12 months so you can get that any time you like.

The medical, the doctors will need need the case number that you'll receive from the NVC. You wont get number that until a couple of weeks after your NOA2 when you start ringing the NVC to see if they've received your case yet. It will start with "SYD"... don't confuse it with the WAC number you already have.

:)

K1 Process
28/6/2016 - I129-F sent
6/7/2016 - NOA 1 text
13/7/2016 - NOA1 Hardcopy
22/8/2016 - NOA2
6/9/2016 - NVC Case number received
20/9/2016 - Medical
27/9/2016 - Interview (Approved)
1/10/2016 - Visa in hand

19/1/2017 - POE
?/?/2017 - Married

AOS Process

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.